mtbr member
    Feb 2015

OG Ripley is now discontinued....

Not a good day for me. I demoed medium OG Ripley last fall wish i found fantastic!!! Today when i tried to order my new buddie i was told by the ibis Guy that the OG is not avaible anymore and that Only the LS will be avaible for 2017 Not sure if i will be a ibis owner.... it sucks..

mtbr member
    Try Backcountry.com they have the OG on sale. Frames and completes

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsey View Post
    Try Backcountry.com they have the OG on sale. Frames and completes
    I can not because i am located in Canada and there's some restriction due to contract with the manufacturer. They do not ship ibis product to Canada

Ride On!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedi77racer View Post
    I can not because i am located in Canada and there's some restriction due to contract with the manufacturer. They do not ship ibis product to Canada
    You might check and see if you can get a freight forward arrangement to Canada. A quick search on Google for "Freight Forwarders Canada" came up with lots of sources. Good luck, the Ripley is a great bike1

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Jenson also has a few left. Where are you in Canada? Maybe an MTBR member can help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I hope they keep the molds in case fashion changes again some day. I totally get it and love me new school geometry M3, but my old school self is sad to see bikes that excel at tight, noodly trails and climbing precision fade away. I think I"m just being sentimental.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I am located in Quebec. I am considering the LS but i m just concern about the lack of playfulnes of this Bike. My last three Bike were pivot Mach 429 sl SC tallboy 2 and pivot Mach 429 Trail. I loved the Tallboy ( Quick steer snappy and fast) . I did not really like the SL and His very long top tube and racing position. So I think the OG would be suited for my riding style...

Lightly salted
    The og Ripley is the funniest 29er I ever owned for xc/trail riding.
    It's a great bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    The og Ripley is the funniest 29er I ever owned for xc/trail riding.
    It's a great bike!
    +1. Regretting swapping to the LS........
    Trek Stache 7
    9:Zero:7 Whiteout
    Ibis Ripley LS

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskenraider View Post
    +1. Regretting swapping to the LS........

If I understand you exchanged your OG for the LS? Why do you regret your change?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    It was a warranty replacement for cracked paint. I was told by my LBS the OG's were not in stock for replacement at the time and an LS could be had. I actually loved the idea since my riding has gotten more aggressive. I took it to Sedona this past week for 4 days, to see what it could do. It was definitely good to have on the downhill gnarly stuff, but overall, the steering is slower and more floppy than I expected. When I rode the OG at Outer Bike in 2015, I fell in love with it in a 1/2 mile. 50+ miles with the LS and.....meh. I made a mistake and now instead of having a XC-like trail ripper to complement a 140+ travel bike I'm looking for, I have an LS that doesn't feel right to me. Big F up on my part and considering buying one of the OG frames at Competitive Cyclist, I liked it that much. If the LS was 130-140mm travel, the aggressive geo would be more appropriate I would think. Here's hoping at Sea Otter, Ibis reveals something I'm looking for.
    Trek Stache 7
    Ibis Ripley LS

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    My guess is you'd have no issues selling the LS for a decent price and cover an OG if you can get one on sale somewhere.

Glad I didn't ditch the OG and move to an LS. Considered it since I'm invested in 29er right now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Man so happy I snagged an OG when CC made the mistake and had them listed at $1850.

I personally think SC screwed up the Tallboy as well. I had a TBc V1, would have liked to try a TBc V2 since I've read it was improved. Can't imagine how nice a TBc V3 would have been with original geo and improved VPP.

May have to keep my eye out for a used TBc V2 and buy it just to have.

Not a fan of the new long and slack bikes.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    I'm going to slack out my LS more with an angleset. I'm 5-9 on a large and still feel like i'm humping the front wheel at times. Love almost everything about the bike but with 442 stays it puts weight bias up front a bit much. I'd ride an XL for the additional reach if the seat tube was shorter by 60mm. Not easy making everyone happy, I get it.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedi77racer View Post
    I am located in Quebec. I am considering the LS but i m just concern about the lack of playfulnes of this Bike. My last three Bike were pivot Mach 429 sl SC tallboy 2 and pivot Mach 429 Trail. I loved the Tallboy ( Quick steer snappy and fast) . I did not really like the SL and His very long top tube and racing position. So I think the OG would be suited for my riding style...
    So did you like the 429 Trail? LS is virtually the same geometry, within 0.5 degree, and 5mm on pretty much every dimension.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Yess i loved the 429 Trail. Its a very balanced Bike. Very good technical climber. Not that good on fireroad thought. Very playfull poppy and a good descender. No drawback. The dt carbon wheel are awsome!

I finnaly pulled the trigger on the LS with Eagles x01 build and 942 Carbon wheel. My wallet is bleeding now

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Man so happy I snagged an OG when CC made the mistake and had them listed at $1850.

I personally think SC screwed up the Tallboy as well. I had a TBc V1, would have liked to try a TBc V2 since I've read it was improved. Can't imagine how nice a TBc V3 would have been with original geo and improved VPP.

May have to keep my eye out for a used TBc V2 and buy it just to have.

Not a fan of the new long and slack bikes.
    What happened to the Tantrum?

I almost got rid of my Tallboy LTc and I'm glad I kept it. I tried the Hightower and not that impressed to make a switch. I thought about a OG Ripley purchase but the numbers were very similar to the LTc, not all the way but very close. The Ripley LS I need to demo. I missed this $1850 deal, that is once in a lifetime. Good on you!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    What happened to the Tantrum?

I almost got rid of my Tallboy LTc and I'm glad I kept it. I tried the Hightower and not that impressed to make a switch. I thought about a OG Ripley purchase but the numbers were very similar to the LTc, not all the way but very close. The Ripley LS I need to demo. I missed this $1850 deal, that is once in a lifetime. Good on you!
    I had to cancel to cover daughter's braces.

I had ordered a bunch of bling parts. I wasn't able to cancel the Extralight order in time or the Nextie. I tried contacting them and stuff had shipped.

So with the customs charges, shipping and restocking fees I was going to lose a ton of money. Was about to reup for the Tantrum, but saw the OG on sale for $1850 and thought I couldn't pass that up.

It's funny I was at my son's soccer night practice bored and just checking sales out and saw it, ordered over the phone. Next morning the price was fixed.

Now I just need to sell the Mojo 3 before the first payment is due.

I liked my TBc V1. Just wanted a little more travel and a better(to suspension) the OG Ripley is that, numbers very similar to a TBc but more travel. Love the way the TBc handled, just thought it could do better on hits during climbing.

While the TB3 I'm sure will sell a ton, I don't like the direction bikes are headed and I think the OG Ripley is the last of a breed.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    No different than the 2016 Trek Fuel EX geo. It was an awesome bike made for one year. Then they got sucked into the new geo and imo the new model doesn't compare. I regret selling that frame too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    No different than the 2016 Trek Fuel EX geo. It was an awesome bike made for one year. Then they got sucked into the new geo and imo the new model doesn't compare. I regret selling that frame too.
    I'm sure long and slack may be great for out west or North East with actual mountains, but for me here in MD and this area, it's all quick ups and downs with tight turns in between trees.

Just like 800mm bars, going to 720s took adjusting and I had a few hits that hurt my fingers for weeks afterwards- I can't imagine trying to weave 800mm bars through some of the wooded trails here.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Market clearly has spoken. Plenty of praise for the LS

OG works just fine here in VT outside of bike parks probably (I don't ride bike parks). I have yet to encounter sustained downhill terrain in VT where slacker, longer bigger feels necessary. For the vast majority of XC terrain and distance (I like longer single track miles as a preference to RedBull terrain), the Ripley is the bike to have here.

I did slap in a -1˚ Works headset in my OG and I like what it did to the bike. So, I do think the OG with slightly slacker HA would have been optimal. This may have forced a longer TT, but bike is still great for me with this change and loved it before too.

Just wish I had an orange or Black Ripley....never really liked my blue one all the much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockMTB View Post
    Market clearly has spoken. Plenty of praise for the LS

OG works just fine here in VT outside of bike parks probably (I don't ride bike parks). I have yet to encounter sustained downhill terrain in VT where slacker, longer bigger feels necessary. For the vast majority of XC terrain and distance (I like longer single track miles as a preference to RedBull terrain), the Ripley is the bike to have here.

I did slap in a -1˚ Works headset in my OG and I like what it did to the bike. So, I do think the OG with slightly slacker HA would have been optimal. This may have forced a longer TT, but bike is still great for me with this change and loved it before too.

Just wish I had an orange or Black Ripley....never really liked my blue one all the much.
    Heck the bikes are even good at some smaller parks. There is one down in VA caled Bryce, not big by any stretch- but fun.

I've posted this pic before- there several features roughly the same size, rode them all on my TBc just fine.

OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

bike rider
    For the people lamenting the geometry of the LS and TB3 I think XC race bikes have now evolved to fill your needs just as "trail" bikes have evolved away from your needs. Surely a Spark RC or Scalpel would have tight enough steering for your trails while being slack, stable, and capable enough to be fun every day bikes rather than for race day only like XC bikes were for the last 15 years. Or do you need more than 4" of suspension combined with a steeper head tube? Cuz yeah, that option is going the way of the dodo. General consensus is if you need more than 4" you're going fast enough over rough enough terrain to care more about stability than tight turns at low speed.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    For the people lamenting the geometry of the LS and TB3 I think XC race bikes have now evolved to fill your needs just as "trail" bikes have evolved away from your needs. Surely a Spark RC or Scalpel would have tight enough steering for your trails while being slack, stable, and capable enough to be fun every day bikes rather than for race day only like XC bikes were for the last 15 years. Or do you need more than 4" of suspension combined with a steeper head tube? Cuz yeah, that option is going the way of the dodo. General consensus is if you need more than 4" you're going fast enough over rough enough terrain to care more about stability than tight turns at low speed.
    I hear what you are saying as the Yeti ASR C looks like the perfect bike for where I live and most of my terrain on daily rides.

Not sure I'd want it for the 2-3 trails that haver decent downs/steeps/rocks nor would I necessarily want it for my annual trips to Fruita/Moab/Sedona, etc. I've seen that bike out there so I know it can be done. Comes down to bike skills, not the bike. But I'm getting older and I need my over-sized tennis racket to help avoid mistakes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Neither of those brands sell frame only, so I don't take them seriously as brands.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskenraider View Post
    It was a warranty replacement for cracked paint. I was told by my LBS the OG's were not in stock for replacement at the time and an LS could be had. I actually loved the idea since my riding has gotten more aggressive. I took it to Sedona this past week for 4 days, to see what it could do. It was definitely good to have on the downhill gnarly stuff, but overall, the steering is slower and more floppy than I expected. When I rode the OG at Outer Bike in 2015, I fell in love with it in a 1/2 mile. 50+ miles with the LS and.....meh. I made a mistake and now instead of having a XC-like trail ripper to complement a 140+ travel bike I'm looking for, I have an LS that doesn't feel right to me. ....
    I frankly start to think that the new geometry trend might be going too far. All you see are "Enduro" oriented bikes.

I just put together a Norco Revolver and I am blown away by how fun and capable this 27.5 120/100 bike is. With a geometry that is strongly leaning toward race, the medium got a 70.5 head angle with a 100 fork, you would think that it was going to be a twitchy thingy but instead it is a fun breath of fresh air, absurdly capable uphill and on twisty track, and works very nicely downhill.

My other bike is a HD3 160/150 that unavoidably now feels a bit like a barge.

I really wished that Ibis had had something like the Revolver in its line up: 27.5, short travel, sub-5 pounds frame, with a steep geometry instead of a slack one.
    Last edited by Davide; 03-27-2017 at 11:53 AM.

mtbr member
    I'm seriously thinking of picking up one of the OG frames on sale. I have a Tranny and a Mojo HD3. Thinking the OG will be a great bike for longer rides where there's still some chunk. I haven't been able to demo one yet, and I'm guessing I won't be able to before they all sell out and are gone forever. Anyone have time on the OG and a HD3? Are they different enough bikes to warrant having both?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by socaltrailrider View Post
    Anyone have time on the OG and a HD3? Are they different enough bikes to warrant having both?
    I have, not the same at all, so yes.
    Trek Stache 7
    Ibis Ripley LS

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Well I finally got to pedal around on mine, no trails yet- but fits me the way I like a bike to fit.

Hope nothing happens to this frame since there is nothing out there that I want anymore.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Well I finally got to pedal around on mine, no trails yet- but fits me the way I like a bike to fit.

Hope nothing happens to this frame since there is nothing out there that I want anymore.

Newer Better models are coming out this year. 99% chance I'll bite on a HT 29er, not a two piece hardtail like the Tranny, but a real one piece hardtail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse View Post
    Blah Blah Blah
    All I read
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    All I read
    I heard crickets chirping

mtbr member

OG Ripley is now discontinued....

Couple years ago when I was considering buying this bike the question was raised on why ibis chose to make such a short reachThe response was they wanted to spec a longer stem for the rider to be able to weight the front end more. This was at a time when the industry was moving towards longer reach and shorter stem. fast forward a few years and ibis came out with the LS. Sometimes bike designers put forward their beliefs with good intentions on how geometry should affect ride quality but that often gets swept away by keeping up with current trends to remain competitive. Just like boost. This a pure example of that. But I believe there is always justification in changes. Short reach will be good if you have short torso but having been on longer reach bikes with shorter stem I wouldn't go back.

Not smart enough to shift
    I am surprised some of you are not getting along with the LS. My wife and I both had first generation Tallboys built more on the trail bike end of the spectrum (120 forks, droppers, big tires, etc.). She is now on a Tallboy3 built a bit on the light weight side but still with a Pike, dropper, etc. and I am on an LS. We both absolutely love the new bikes over our old Tallboys. We also in Indiana, so old school XC riding and some new machine built flow trail stuff mixed in. We also travel with these bikes a lot and were looking to up the capabilities of our trail bikes.

I am floored at how damn fast and fun the LS is. I would think with a lightweight tire setup that it would excel at true xc riding. I am on a Nobby Nic 2.35 trailstar front and a Rock Razor 2.35 rear on 30.5mm internal width rims. I wouldn't go back.

Cheers,
    -A
    Disclaimer: I'm a fan-boi for Jenson USA.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    In.

$1k off of retail, due to everyone else wanting the LS.

Set up with fox 34 120 fork & 2.35 tires front and rear.

Got me a really squishy XC race machine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    My OG just came in yesterday from CC. I jumped on it because of the sale and operating under the assumption it was being discontinued. The OG is better suited to the tight and technical riding in Florida, especially when compared to the new "long and slack" trail bikes like the Tallboy 3, Mach 429 Trail, and Evil Following. The deal was too good to pass up and I am not interested in a pure XC race full-squish machine, though I love that the Ripley can hang with those.

I customized the special build on their site with carbon wheels and a carbon handlebar, along with some other small changes. Took a 9 mile shakedown ride this morning and it was phenomenal... worth every penny and a perfect upgrade from the aluminum Tallboy 2 I've been riding for the last 3+ years. I was concerned about fit on the coming from a large Tallboy and running a slightly shorter stem on the OG (although I have a longer one in case I need it) and I did not feel too cramped. Moving to wider bars helped with that, I think. I'm very pleased with my purchase so far.

It's truly a shame if they discontinue the OG model... the bike excels in the right settings.

mtbr member
    Dang Backcountry sales! I just pulled the trigger on a size Large black Ripley OG frame. Couldn't pass up the deal. My other FS bike is a HD3, so I wasn't interested in the LS version anyway. Guess I need to start scouring the interwebs for parts!

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by jodusc View Post
    the bike excels in the right settings.
    Here's what I'm not getting: In those settings where you prefer the OG geometry to the LS do you think the 5" of travel is a benefit over 4" of travel? If you could have the OG's geometry paired with an inch less travel and 2lbs less weight would that not be better? This is why I feel the "modern" or "extreme" XC bikes like the Scott Spark RC have taken the place of 5" trail bikes with steep geometry. Slacker head tubes and longer travel both come into play when speeds pick up. If you don't need one you probably don't need the other.

Ibis and Santa Cruz both need make bikes like the Spark RC. How about a new Ripley XC and Blur?

mtbr member

Ibis and Santa Cruz both need make bikes like the Spark RC. How about a new Ripley XC and Blur?
    I've wished the same thing. I know you can set up any of the ibis options "xc light", but none of their frames are optimized for weight. I know there are some other options out there like the Pivot 429SL, and Scott has some nice race focused designs, but I'd rather ride an ibis. It's interesting though that Santa Cruz de-xc'd the Tallboy, giving it more overlap with the High Tower, which makes me think they aren't selling bikes with too much of an xc stigma. Regardless, there seems to be a market for the xc/marathon/24hr racer that wants a light, efficient fs bike. I'm hoping to milk one more season out of my hardtail race bike that has a crack in the bottom bracket and when I replace it i'll probably go with a fs frame (well, my back will probably demand it), so I can only hope...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I don't see the extra inch of travel over my Tallboy 2 as a detriment, especially with such a solid pedaling platform. It does not feel excessive for the somewhat modest South Florida trails I ride. I'm not a racer but ride fast and could see the Ripley OG being one hell of an endurance machine with the right build. However, I'm done with noodly 32 mm stanchion forks, so my Ripley will not ever be built up THAT light.

Registered Dietitian
    Here's what I'm not getting: In those settings where you prefer the OG geometry to the LS do you think the 5" of travel is a benefit over 4" of travel? If you could have the OG's geometry paired with an inch less travel and 2lbs less weight would that not be better? This is why I feel the "modern" or "extreme" XC bikes like the Scott Spark RC have taken the place of 5" trail bikes with steep geometry. Slacker head tubes and longer travel both come into play when speeds pick up. If you don't need one you probably don't need the other.

I LOVE my Ripley LS at 24.4 lbs all in - and am racing it in Cat 1 and endurance XC at a pretty high level - but if Ibis made a Ripley XC with ~67-68 degree HA, steep SA (like 74-75 degree), long front center, 100mm travel real, 100-130 front... I'd buy it tomorrow.

Frame weight of 5-5.25 lbs... mmmmmmm...
    Registered Dietitian, Cycling Coach, Ascend Nutrition and Coaching

www.ascendthepeak.com

www.facebook.com/ascendthepeak

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrod74 View Post
    I LOVE my Ripley LS at 24.4 lbs all in - and am racing it in Cat 1 and endurance XC at a pretty high level - but if Ibis made a Ripley XC with ~67-68 degree HA, steep SA (like 74-75 degree), long front center, 100mm travel real, 100-130 front... I'd buy it tomorrow.

Your LS is 24.4 lbs? Show a pic with the build, please. I just want to see how you did it.

Registered Dietitian
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    Your LS is 24.4 lbs? Show a pic with the build, please. I just want to see how you did it.
    Frame: Ripley LS large
    Fork: Fox 34 130
    Bars: Enve SW 760mm
    Stem: Syntace 109 60mm
    Brakes: XT
    Grips: ESI
    Headset: CC 110
    Saddle: Selle Italia Flite TT, Ti rails, no leather cover (carbon shell, no padding anyway)
    Drivetrain: XTR 1x with Stages power meter, Wolf Tooth 36t ring, XX1 cassette
    Wheels: Industry Nine Ultralight
    Pedals: Time ATAC XC4
    Tires: Schwalbe RR rear, NN front, both 2.25"
    Bottom bracket: Chris King

Weight includes sealant, bottle cage (stainless), ELEMNT computer mount. Using bolt-on axles (Ibis rear, Kabolt front).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

www.ascendthepeak.com

mtbr member

That's what I'm talking about. Well, ok, maybe 110mm in travel in the rear.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Drivetrain: XTR 1x with Stages power meter, Wolf Tooth 36t ring, XX1 cassette
    Super impressive weight for the build, especially with a Fox 34.

How did you get the 36T ring to work on there? Did you have to use a spacer on the drive side? I have a 32T on mine now and it doesn't look like it has much clearance for a larger chainring.

Registered Dietitian
    Quote Originally Posted by jodusc View Post
    Super impressive weight for the build, especially with a Fox 34.

How did you get the 36T ring to work on there? Did you have to use a spacer on the drive side? I have a 32T on mine now and it doesn't look like it has much clearance for a larger chainring.
    It's mounted on the outside of the spider. It's not an ideal chainline but it's fine for local races where I'm usually in the smaller cogs for most of the ride. Run a 32 in the mountains.

www.ascendthepeak.com

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    It's mounted on the outside of the spider. It's not an ideal chainline but it's fine for local races where I'm usually in the smaller cogs for most of the ride. Run a 32 in the mountains.
    That's a good idea. I pretty much figured I didn't have a reason to get Eagle since I couldn't go with a larger chainring on my LS anyway, but now that you gave me that idea, I bet I could go a few teeth bigger by getting a boost specific chainring, and getting that extra 3mm of clearance, and not have quite as bad of a chainline even. RaceFace cranks, btw. I'm also on a large LS, non-boost, running a 32T oval chainring at the moment with 10-44 XO1 (replaced the 42 with a 44 wolftooth when it wore out). I find it's a great bike for long distance races or rides. Just did White Rim in a day, at just under 7:50 this weekend, and there were a few times I was spun out, which was probably to my benefit as I was trying to remember to recover on the downs.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

Registered Dietitian
    Quote Originally Posted by DLd View Post
    That's a good idea. I pretty much figured I didn't have a reason to get Eagle since I couldn't go with a larger chainring on my LS anyway, but now that you gave me that idea, I bet I could go a few teeth bigger by getting a boost specific chainring, and getting that extra 3mm of clearance, and not have quite as bad of a chainline even. RaceFace cranks, btw. I'm also on a large LS, non-boost, running a 32T oval chainring at the moment with 10-44 XO1 (replaced the 42 with a 44 wolftooth when it wore out). I find it's a great bike for long distance races or rides. Just did White Rim in a day, at just under 7:50 this weekend, and there were a few times I was spun out, which was probably to my benefit as I was trying to remember to recover on the downs.
    Cool. It served me well at the Pisgah Stage Race last week. Great all-around race bike that gives up very little to a 100mm bike on any smooth climb and beats it anywhere else.

www.ascendthepeak.com

bike rider
    Raceface doesn't make a Boost chainring, at least not as of last summer. I asked them about it when we had new Raceface equipped Boost Ibis and Santa Cruzs arriving at the shop. They said they only make one offset of their direct mount ring. Perhaps Wolftooth or OneUp make a Boost offset chainring for Raceface cranks that would accomplish what you want.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Cool. It served me well at the Pisgah Stage Race last week. Great all-around race bike that gives up very little to a 100mm bike on any smooth climb and beats it anywhere else.
    Oh yeah, I wanted to ask. So you did go with a Large? I saw a post a couple months back and you were ordering an XL. What changed, or was the L just a typo?
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    My frame showed up last week. Finished up the build this weekend and took her on the maiden voyage earlier today. need to dial in the boingers, but I like it so far. A nice change from the HD-3. Will be great for rides with some climbing but not chunky enough to warrant the 150/160 on the Mojo. I was pleasantly surprised how the Ripley handled the tight stuff and switch backs.

OG Ripley is now discontinued....-img_4357.jpgOG Ripley is now discontinued....-img_4361.jpg

Registered Dietitian
    Oh yeah, I wanted to ask. So you did go with a Large? I saw a post a couple months back and you were ordering an XL. What changed, or was the L just a typo?
    It's a large. Tried the XL but it was just too big, despite the stack/reach measurements suggesting it would work.

www.ascendthepeak.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Weather and workload finally came together to allow me to get a ride in on mine.

It's exactly what I wanted. It's a shame it's done.

I rode a trail that is right outside my door so it's ridden often and I know it well. I've ridden it on pretty much everything I've owned from my HT, SJ, Riot, Mojo3, TBc v1, Lunchbox etc..

Honestly the simplest way to describe it is to use someone else's- big wheeled BMX bike.

It's got the precise steering I had on my TallboyC v1, but more travel and to me a better suspension design. After being on the Mojo 3 ( great bike), I missed just how much the 29ers just roll.

Honestly I think since Ibis has the molds, once every few years, the should do a prepaid preorder and let people that this works for buy one. I'm done with the LS trend.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI