Trail Rider

Now I've done it...

I pulled the trigger on a new medium naked carbon Mojo SLX with the Talas upgrade. I REALLY liked the blue, but I figured it might be harder to care for. I went for the Talas because I can fit the small or the medium, and the small felt like I was right over the front wheel(good for climbing) but felt a little cramped. So I figured I could dial it down a little on those long steep climbs, to keep the front end down, and still enjoy the DHs a little easier than my small Tracer. I have to be way back behind the seat on the DHs with the Tracer.
    I got used to not having to be on the tip of the saddle with the ETA on my Tracer. I pick it up tomorrow at Cal Coast in San Diego. It seems to be a real nice shop. I got a Pure Ti railed seat(all black), as I like the one on my Tracer. The carbon fiber seat post is something I've never tried, but it has the double bolt adjuster as on the Thomsen. As a matter of fact, I have never tried any carbon fiber parts, let alone a frame. The new XTR parts look cool! I'll keep my old Shimano 959 pedals on for now, until I get the urge to try something new. I'll probably stop and do a quickie ride tomorrow after I pick up the bike, and a long one on Sunday. I'm excited! I haven't bought a new FS frame since 2002 and a whole bike since 1997. I'll end up selling my Tracer and keeping my HT. More to come!
    [size=4]Don[/size]

It's the axle
    Yay. Congratulations.

Warning: The Mojo is highly addictive. You may find that after prolonged riding you cannot wipe the smile off your face. You may experience the need for longer rides. Be aware that the Mojo may become the center of your life. You may need to put your bike stand in your bedroom.

Naked is good.

I just went for new pedals. Without a doubt the eggbeaters rule. After two rides I'm way happier than my Time Atacs. Not mention a half pound lighter! I had those for six years, and was still falling down clipped in.

Green Mojo

Good Luck

I agree that you will love your bike. I have had mine a couple of months now and find myself riding more and working less (that sounds catchy...). Just got back from a week in Moab. Fun!

Enjoy! Where do you ride in San Diego? You may see on my green Mojo.

Neil

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerneil
    I agree that you will love your bike. I have had mine a couple of months now and find myself riding more and working less (that sounds catchy...). Just got back from a week in Moab. Fun!

Enjoy! Where do you ride in San Diego? You may see on my green Mojo.

Neil
    I ride all around the county. I frequent Cuyamaca and Mt Laguna, but ride a different trail in the county on weekends. I live near Sweetwater, so I ride there sometimes in the summer before work, early in the morning. I haven't seen any Mojos on the trail. Hope to see you!
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro
    I pulled the trigger on a new medium naked carbon Mojo SLX with the Talas upgrade. I REALLY liked the blue, but I figured it might be harder to care for. I went for the Talas because I can fit the small or the medium, and the small felt like I was right over the front wheel(good for climbing) but felt a little cramped. So I figured I could dial it down a little on those long steep climbs, to keep the front end down, and still enjoy the DHs a little easier than my small Tracer. I have to be way back behind the seat on the DHs with the Tracer.
    r. The carbon fiber seat post is something I've never tried, but it has the double bolt adjuster as on the Thomsen. As a matter of fact, I have never tried any carbon fiber parts, let alone a frame. ... I'm excited! I haven't bought a new FS frame since 2002 and a whole bike since 1997. I'll end up selling my Tracer and keeping my HT. More to come!
    Congratulations! I forcast stupid happyness with the Mojo I had two carbon frames in my "career" (Mojo the second) and had no problems. Same with bars (being riding carbon bars for 10 years). Seatpost ... I don't know. When I realized that a Thomson Masterpiece is the same weight of the Easton Carbon I decided to go for the tried and true (non-slipping) Thomson

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My old bike was CF everything but the rear triangle. The guy that sold me my Mojo said the metal Thompson seatpost weighed 8 grams more than a CF post so I went with the Elite.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

www.derbyrims.com
    Congrats!!! You will ride happily ever after

I imagine in SoCal you donít have much wet condition problems with your Shimano pedals. But they can lock you in when mud in the cleats is drying. Iíve been on Times for 4 or 5 years now and recently got the new version (composite for $77 off eBay), and they are even easier entry and exit than the earlier design (and look much better too).

Trail Rider

Thanks Ray

Quote Originally Posted by derby
    Congrats!!! You will ride happily ever after

I imagine in SoCal you donít have much wet condition problems with your Shimano pedals. But they can lock you in when mud in the cleats is drying. Iíve been on Times for 4 or 5 years now and recently got the new version (composite for $77 off eBay), and they are even easier entry and exit than the earlier design (and look much better too).
    I still have my old Times which worked excellent except for too much twist required to release(for me). I tried the different setups of the cleats. They worked way better than my Shimanos in the snow and mud. They were heavier also.

I couldn't get in a ride yesterday, so Sunday will be the first ride on the Mojo. What a beautiful bike!
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Congrats on the new ride! I bought mine at cal coast from charlie and the fellas back in feb. Try to get charlie to dial you in when you pick up the mojo, dude knows what he is doing.I hit sweetwater once a week, so you wont be the only one on that loop with that nude carbon.