mtbr member

Now I'm official

an official member of the Ibis board, since my Mojo SL arrived yesterday.

Mostly the XT kit, but with the brakes (Formula R1) and saddle borrowed from the XTR kit (you get a pretty good deal swapping parts between kits). The wheels are Havens, thanks to Yody's recommendations.

Size Large, 25.5 pounds.

I put on the frameskin stickers. I still have to iron out a few bubbles, but maybe they'll add extra protection
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车

Proud lame eBiker
    I'm liking that blue!

Nice ride!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Proud bike-o-holic
    Nice bike!!!!

mtbr member
    It would look a lot better dirty

GO RIDE THAT THING!

mtbr member
    Nice!! You're gonna wanna glue some rubber or come up with something for the underside of the chain stay and the bottom bracket area to reduce chain slap.

Nice wheels haha! You better not have any tubes in them tires

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    really very nice. Stem to long for my tastes but otherwise, mint mate!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    LOVING THAT COLOR, and those wheels are super sexy. Awesome build and like someone already said go ride dat *****!

aka übermensch
    Nice.
    08 Ibis Mojo SL
    09 Ibis Tranny SingleSpeed

mtbr member
    I have the frameskin stickers---do I need something beyond that for the chain stay?

The shop put in some Stan's so the wheels are now tubeless. If they had asked I would have told them not to bother, but I'm glad they did. Now I'm a tubeless guy.

The bike is now plenty dirty.

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma
    I have the frameskin stickers---do I need something beyond that for the chain stay?

The shop put in some Stan's so the wheels are now tubeless. If they had asked I would have told them not to bother, but I'm glad they did. Now I'm a tubeless guy.

The bike is now plenty dirty.
    Go back and ask the shop what happened to the chainstay protector that IBIS sends with each frame/bike. It's a nice fabric wrap around velcro's on dealio. Even says IBIS on it.

But then again this is an SL we're talking about here. Maybe you just want to do two layers of heli tape on the chainstay and be done with it to save a few grams??
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Go back and ask the shop what happened to the chainstay protector that IBIS sends with each frame/bike. It's a nice fabric wrap around velcro's on dealio. Even says IBIS on it.

But then again this is an SL we're talking about here. Maybe you just want to do two layers of heli tape on the chainstay and be done with it to save a few grams??

I have that--it doesn't show in the picture because it's on the far side of the bike.
    Any other special protection stuff I should consider?

mtbr member
    Yes, on the bottom of the chain stay right near the bottom bracket, the chain bounces up and hits that all the time.

The upper chain stay towards the rear where the chain goes near it, the chain will hit that when you shift to your lower cogs in the rear

I trimmed some pieces of innertube to mold the frame in those sections and glued it to the frame. Works really well and cuts down on chain slap.

If you have a compressor, tubeless especially on these wheels is the way to go, with any kind of tire

Antagonist
    good lord that's hot.

nice build man. ride it like you stole it.

aka dan51
    Looks like you have the Ibis protector slid all the way to the rear of the chainstay.
    What I did on mine was take an old tube and wrap it around the chainstay with about an inch over lap on the Ibis protector, then all the way to the front of the chainstay. Covering the metal chainsuck protector. A zip-tie then holds it in place by the cranks.

The area I have the most wear is on the chainstay at the rear by the cassette. That rounded area is a PITA to protect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    Looks like you have the Ibis protector slid all the way to the rear of the chainstay.
    What I did on mine was take an old tube and wrap it around the chainstay with about an inch over lap on the Ibis protector, then all the way to the front of the chainstay. Covering the metal chainsuck protector. A zip-tie then holds it in place by the cranks.

The area I have the most wear is on the chainstay at the rear by the cassette. That rounded area is a PITA to protect.
    Ok, this will give me a good project during the upcoming rainy weather.

Anyone want to post pictures of their DIY frame protectors?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Wow! Nice, still saving for my Mojo, I am torn between the blue or white now

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    great looking build

i think the blue looks much better in this picture than on the website

CWW
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma
    Ok, this will give me a good project during the upcoming rainy weather.

Anyone want to post pictures of their DIY frame protectors?

If someone could post some pics of chainstay protectors I would also like to see them. I just bought a new Mojo and after dropping that much coin on a bike I've got to make my Mojo last a long time. Have already put Frameskins on but would like to do more to protect it if it needs it.