Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Newest Mojo Prototypes

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  budgie 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share my newest 'prototype' mojo bikes here on the forum :thumbsup:

My first prototype involved putting white tires on the bike, for some reason though, they did not last very long after this picture was taken. You can tell that I actually ride because I am wearing spandex and decided to photoshop myself into the picture next to the bike :thumbsup:

So then, I did a custom paint job out on the UPS and LPS sections of trail, again, unfortunately, I think I used the wrong paint, so it did not last long, but at least I captured it with a fresh coat of paint. Sorry I did not place the pedals and 3 and 9o'clock, it was very cold out and I didn't want to touch the bike for fear of freezing off my finers or smearing the wet paint. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I know the steerer needs to be cut, I prefer the extra weight though, makes me stronger.

See less See more
#2 ·
I heartily endorse your prototype, having experimented with a strikingly similar design myself. Note that in the picture below I had scratched the new paint job off as best I could on the sidewalk before hauling it into my office after a lunch ride in an attempt to prevent lingering 'overspray issues'.

The only thing that really sucks about this model is when the outside hose is frozen before work and frozen again by the time I get home... makes re-designs increasingly rough until the weekend rolls around.

#4 ·
Coloradoxj13 said:
... I will be reimbursed for any profits you have made!
Since the only profits I have experienced from this prototype thus far are a general sense of transcendent glee and a slightly diminished gluteal area, I'll gladly see you in court with a smile and maybe an offer to view and/or bite my shrinking assets. Those that have viewed said assets will (loudly) vouch that you'd be advised to drop charges now rather than risk long term mental/emotional pain and suffering.

In the meantime... more prototype testing is scheduled to be conducted this afternoon. :cool:

#5 ·
verslowrdr said:
Since the only profits I have experienced from this prototype thus far are a general sense of transcendent glee and a slightly diminished gluteal area, I'll gladly see you in court with a smile and maybe an offer to view and/or bite my shrinking assets. Those that have viewed said assets will (loudly) vouch that you'd be advised to drop charges now rather than risk long term mental/emotional pain and suffering.

In the meantime... more prototype testing is scheduled to be conducted this afternoon. :cool:
k, I'll let it slide this time. I too will be doing some prototype development this afternoon if I can get out of work at a reasonable time...I believe my medium this day will be dust and sweat, I believe this should make for an interesting new prototype I like to call salty but sweet.

#8 ·
Mojo TS prototype

Thought you guys might want to see my latest project, The Mojo Tweaker Special. It's almost finished and I'm really happy with how it's turning out. I just have to finish anodizing the hardware and grip clamps using my homemade CocaCola system, and can't decide on teal or dusty rose. What do you guys think?

In the interest of open-source product development, to develop this unique prototype I just crashed a lot until my shiny Mojo wasn't so shiny anymore. Then I got a pack of 80-grit emery cloth, took a whole bunch of speed, and stayed up for four days straight sanding the bejeezus out of it. There are a couple of holes in the frame now, but flexy is the new black, as you know.

A couple of other things to note: for final product launch I'll be rotating the can (shock is my own design) so that the logo is right-side up. And the Gene Simmons action figure is for inspiration only; it's not really an integral part of the project.

Attachments

#10 ·
dan51 said:
That can is too high volume for the DW linkage. You'll blow through the travel.
That's certainly a twist on the classic on-the-trail-bean-blowing that I hadn't previously considered.

Using coke to anodize, taking speed to get through the four day frame sanding process... is there anything the internet can't solve?

#14 ·
OK, so I tried adding twigs, leaves, and some ground-in dirt to the color scheme on lunch today- even tried sporting some of it on myself so I would match, and narrowly missed adding a little blood to the eclectic color/texture mix. Kinda wondered if I was going to get a new helmet out of this particular prototype attempt, but it looks OK.

Sessioned that d**n whoop at least 3 more times more successfully before I had to hightail it back to the office- otherwise I would have been there dominating it all afternoon- so I declare victory and am stopping by the liqueur store tonight to get celebratory supplies.

Who knew R&D could be so exciting?

#17 ·
So I can see the joke about the proto type mojo Sl but to creat a whole thread to bash the cutom painted thread is a little much. While his lingo and taste in bike building and decking out may not be your cup of tea, what he has done is quite impressive. I my self have had custom painted bikes and anoed parts its all what you do and if you like building bikes more than riding. Then by all means do it there is room for nonn riding techno weanies and no frills rippers who ride everyday and all day.

#18 ·
PTP said:
So I can see the joke about the proto type mojo Sl but to creat a whole thread to bash the cutom painted thread is a little much. While his lingo and taste in bike building and decking out may not be your cup of tea, what he has done is quite impressive. I my self have had custom painted bikes and anoed parts its all what you do and if you like building bikes more than riding. Then by all means do it there is room for nonn riding techno weanies and no frills rippers who ride everyday and all day.
says the guy who profits from bike parts sales...:skep:

#19 ·
There's plenty of trash talk about people who don't get 'style' in the blingidy bike threads, so for heaven's sake they can deal with a couple lowbrow pig pens and a bean-can-recycling crackhead creating their own corner to stink up. Sheesh....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.