Happy Mojo Rider

Newbie questions about Mojo

Hello all.
    After much thought I have been looking to buy a new bike this year. I was thinking about the Specialized Enduro but weight is an issue. I am down to 3 bikes (Specialized Stumpjumper fsr, Titus Moto-lite or Mojo. But after seeing the Mojo I fell in love with the bike and the bang for your buck is amazing. A couple of questions....Carbon fiber is it strong enough? I weigh 195 Lbs and do XC and drops of 3-4 feet, can it take it? In cold weather how does carbon fiber react does it become brittle or am I being stupid. Do I need guards for the under side of the bike to prevent scratches or am I good to go.
    Thanks For The Answers
    Ted

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The Mojo is more than strong enough. I've been riding on my bike for the last year and it sure can take it. I would not worry about drops of 3--4 feet. Cold weather: No problem at all, of course. You may put on some guards on the down tube, but it's not necessary in my opinion.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    185lbs here - been riding my Mojo for over 12 months on some of the best trails Colorado and Eastern Utah has to offer. (ie rocky & technical). Numerous crashes and one destroyed helmet later my Mojo is still in excellent condition with no damage to the frame structure.

I have 3mm tape over many sections of the frame and use a lizard skins chain stay protector.

Cold is a non-issue and there is another thread on that topic. I personally have ridden my mojo plenty of times in the desert in temperatures down to about 25degrees Fahrenheit (colder than that and I am the one hurting not my bike).

Back up the strength and durability of the frame with the outstanding customer service of Ibis and you have a winner.

The key would be to ride it and make sure it suits you personally, does it perform in corners the way you want? does it climb technical the way you want? does it pump fast downhill sections the way you want. It does for me, but we all ride differently and want different things from how a bike performs. Test ride it - but have your credit card or check book handy!

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Newbie, The three bike you have listed are nice. For me the FSR is out cuz I HATE down tube routed cables. The MotoLite and the Mojo are great bikes. I have had two ML's and they are a little "snappier" as the Mojo is "plusher". That is how I fell about them but you should demo them both and see what you like.
    Good luck and this is the fun part
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!