Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Sram X01

Mtb Guide

mtbr member
    1000-1200? That's what you can buy the xx1 for... surprised shimano hasn't come out with anything...
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    1000-1200 that still Expensive, without the fd and one less shifter..

mtbr member
    That is probably list price. I believe that XX1 lists for $1500 and you can buy it around $1200. XO1 should be sub $1K on the street

that guy
    Jun 2011
    September, eh?

Hadley just finished up their freehub-conversion kit for the SRAM 1x11 setups -- roughly $160 direct from Hadley -- so, count me in!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    X01 was just added as a build kit option on bronson, hopefully ibis follows soon

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hi All - not sure if you've seen the official pics yet, but here they are: Sram X01 - 11 Speed X0 Announced - Updated with Pics | Pro Bike Swap

Mtb Guide
    I caught it on Vitalmtb, everything looks good apart from the cranks, the XO carbon is stunning and understated yet stylish, these X01 versions from what I could see look a bit cheap for the XO monkier, I know pics don't do stuff justice apart as said no similar issue online with std XOs, compared to whats on my V10c.

Vitals sneak peak
    Sneak Peek: First Glimpse of SRAM's X01 Drivetrain - Features - Vital MTB

Shape compared to XX1 looks a bit different too along the arm!
    Im not a fan of the slow trickle down marketing either, while I will always run XX1 X91 should have been released at the same time. Its proven people want it, its a game changer give the option to people Sram.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Wow another 11 speed from sram. Is shimano not gonna come up with their own cheaper version? I always think that sram is way too over priced.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by ibismojo09 View Post
    Wow another 11 speed from sram. Is shimano not gonna come up with their own cheaper version? I always think that sram is way too over priced.
    Funny its the opposite here, Shimano way over priced imo, Sram lower costs better product.
    Different countries affected differently in pricing, same with bike style and setups

The rear d looks sweet, cranks not so much!

that guy
    Jun 2011

Re: New Sram X01

Is it possible to run a bash guard with these setups? I tend to hit my chain rings... a lot!

mtbr member
    North shore billet now have one or you can get a bb mount mrp am guide with bash.

that guy
    Jun 2011

Re: New Sram X01

Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    North shore billet now have one or you can get a bb mount mrp am guide with bash.
    Do you have a link to the North Shore version?

I'd really hate to add a mrp guide to a system that doesn't need an additional guide to keep the chain on...

Dissolved member
    I run 1x10 Bling ring / Type 2 RD with a MRP G2 SL mini skidplate on my HD, sans the lower and upper guides. Works like charm although one has to play with the chain line a little.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The new X01 is supposed to come stock with a bash guard unlike XX1, although the "leaked" photos of it on Niner's website don't show the bashguard, it does come with one

mtbr member
    Seen the group on ebay for under one thousand. Still kinda expensive. But I'd like it for my Stumpy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    I run 1x10 Bling ring / Type 2 RD with a MRP G2 SL mini skidplate on my HD, sans the lower and upper guides. Works like charm although one has to play with the chain line a little.
    I'm trying to find this out as I ordered an HDR with the X01 build. I don't think the Ibis build comes with a bash though. They mention it on the builds that do and their X01 package includes an e13 TRS+ crankset, not the standard X01. I don't know what color hardware the TRS+ comes with either.

mtbr member
    Yesterday I went to my LBS and they had an HDR with the X01 build. The TRS+ crank it comes with is a "bling ring" style with no spider. So there's no bashring, nor anyway to mount one. It's a taco on the ISCG plate. Also it's full black, not any of the color options that e13 has for the TRS cranks.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidmantis View Post
    Yesterday I went to my LBS and they had an HDR with the X01 build. The TRS+ crank it comes with is a "bling ring" style with no spider. So there's no bashring, nor anyway to mount one. It's a taco on the ISCG plate. Also it's full black, not any of the color options that e13 has for the TRS cranks.
    So that LBs had split up the X01 package or just put together because some parts not yet supplied by Sram, we couldn't get XX1 chains in our first batch for a couple of months used 10spds then switched them back, I was a bit luckier as I had to wait for my frame so didn't affect me.

If I were you I would get the whole kit and leave the mix and matching cranks etc alone until a few more options make it to market plus you want to make sure you're not paying for the full X01 package and get short changed by not having the full performance advantages of what it provides, its not just a set of cranks and transmission, but mixing std stuff with it will compromise what it does best.

RaceFace and others in coming months will have full 11spd narrow wide not just rings compatible cranks etc soon, Im sure e13 also have a narrow wide chainring out or coming soon too, I just don't like seeing LBs mixing and matching and potentially, not saying they are but short changing the customer and imo mixing std or old gen 10/9spd systems with new 11spd is doing exactly that.

Cavet, thats fine if you're upgrading your own bike bit by bit as long as you understand it won't perform as well as the the package its definitely not apples for apples and you won't understand why single ring 11spd is a total game changer to what a mountain is, more so over the long run.

Same with any drivetrain its about gear ratios that suit you and your terrain, Ive found a 32t front ring works for me about anywhere.

Not that Ive needed it but I would like a 34t in my kit for racing so I can do a speedy change for terrain if doing Enduro racing for example so hence the feature below about the Sram crank.

One key thing about the Sram designed crank and this may or may not bother you, the reason for the offset chain ring bolts is so you can make easy chain ring changes while crank is on the bike, this is important to racers esspecially or a racers mechanic more likely.

If you haven't asked them, go back and question them on it.

mtbr member
    This is the Ibis packaged X01 build kit, not the LBS bundling. The X01 kit is significantly cheaper than the XX1, although the latter also includes XTR brakes rather than XT.

Looks like it changed a bit in the last couple of weeks as it used to say "w/32t DWT ring". I'm hoping/guessing the "guidering" is a N/W style ring. I didn't think to look at the ring on the other bike yesterday.

Triple Edit! Yeah, it's a N/W type.

mtbr member
    So do you think that will that require crank removal to change the chainring to a larger or smaller one?

Too Much Fun

Another nice Ibis kit...

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidmantis View Post
    This is the Ibis packaged X01 build kit, not the LBS bundling. The X01 kit is significantly cheaper than the XX1, although the latter also includes XTR brakes rather than XT.
    IMO, the XO1 kit is a pretty nice value, and possibly the real sweet spot(tm) in the HDR kits. I think this is one of those areas where Ibis hooks up it's riders more then other brands, who often seem to gouge a bit more then necessary (SC).

I love XX1 but that's a ton of value/savings to be had. Allows you to save for more kit later.

And FWIW, the XO1 cranks that were supposedly going to be carbon are actually shipping as ally cranksets from what I've been hearing and seeing on friends bikes...
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizer View Post
    So do you think that will that require crank removal to change the chainring to a larger or smaller one?
    I couldn't absolutely say for sure, but I wouldn't hesitate to bet good beer money that it would require crank removal. Since it's spiderless and just a splined interface, it would have to butt up to a ring on the crank. There's no way for it to slip over it. My assumption is you have to pull the crank and remove a lockring from the crank to remove the ring.

Although spider adapter like this might be an option if you wanted to be able to easily swap rings. I don't think this one is compatible but it shows there are products out there.

111 Spiders for SRAM XX1, X0, & X9 Cranks North Shore Billet

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    That chain ring does have the narrow/wide tooth profile and mine has been working great.

mtbr member
    My X01 build ships next week, so I'll know soon enough!
    Last edited by martinizer; 08-29-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast