mtbr member
    Jan 2006

New owner of a Dream Bike...er...Mojo HD

Well I just bought a new Mojo HD: X-9( 2x10) with a Fox 34 Float( 160mm). I upgraded the cockpit, You can't have VW parts on a Porche. So bye-bye parts bin foam grips ( should be illegal on a 5k bike) and crappy ibis stem and bar. Hello Easton Haven Stem and Haven Carbon Bar, with some Oury lock ons. Also threw on some Xt dual platform pedals.

So my question to you is: Any recomended suspenison set-ups?

2. Is the Specialized rear XC race tire even worth using, or should I just scrap it now?

3. How many rides or miles until the bearings and seals break in?

4. How do the Ibis wheel sets hold up?

5. I am f'ing stoked to have finally bought a bike at the top of the food chain!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MC SlingBlade View Post
    How about on a veranda?

If you're going "top of the food chain," why those pedals vs. XTR?
    I beat up my pedals with pedal strikes too much already. I need durable Xt to get me back to the car more than I need insanely light XTR.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    XTR pedals are very durable and not insanely light by any stretch of the imagination.

If you're constantly enduring pedal strikes, it's time to work on your technique/timing/ratcheting.
    Touché

mtbr member
    XTR pedals are very durable and not insanely light by any stretch of the imagination.

If you're constantly enduring pedal strikes, it's time to work on your technique/timing/ratcheting.
    Im not a pedal banger, but when you ride a lot and ride hard you still sometimss bash the living **** out of your pedals. Im runnng xtr trails but id be just as happy with the xt. Theyre both similar and quality.

mtbr member
    XTR pedals are slimmer and therefore will have less pedal strikes. I know this because I have both XTR trail and XT trail pedals.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Murchman View Post
    XTR pedals are slimmer and therefore will have less pedal strikes. I know this because I have both XTR trail and XT trail pedals.
    While your statement is accurate and correct. I believe that pedal strikes, in general, are a result of modern big travel suspension design. The frame designers, IMO , lower the bottom bracket height to make the bikes handle/turn better. If you couple that with 5"-6" of travel, the pedal is going to be fairly close to the ground. Add in Northern California Rocky terrain , and you learn to accept pedal strikes. And pick your parts accordingly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saidrick View Post
    2. Is the Specialized rear XC race tire even worth using, or should I just scrap it now?
    My Spec rear tire lasted 9 rides. Thought the tires were basically throw a-ways, but had to try them, switched to the old faithful Minon

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnirider View Post
    My Spec rear tire lasted 9 rides. Thought the tires were basically throw a-ways, but had to try them, switched to the old faithful Minon
    I suspected as much. I guess I should get the order going for the minion / high roller combo. I think that Ibis picked the tires/foam grips/ and seat collar bolt, to lower the weight of the bike.

mtbr member

They'll last about 10 rides (about as long as Nobby Nics) if you are riding agressive on rocky terrain - yeah they're light but they can blow out as well if you run tubeless - I recommend Ardents - good traction & hold up amazingly well for the weight - only blew out once going off a 6 ft. drop on to a hard landing

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    There's nothing special about "Norcal rocky terrain" that causes pedal strikes. Proper technique/timing/ratcheting will make pedals strikes much less frequent.
    Let me clarify: By rocky, I mean places like Annadel, Oathill,( Sonoma county), Pine mountain( Marin) and Downieville.

Places like China Camp and Santa Cruz, are not very rocky, and as a result, I don't pedal strike very much in places.

mtbr member
    You two really gonna keep arguing about pedal strikes?

mtbr member
    This is where I post the most and the discussion was decent until you started argung semantics on pedal strikes.

mtbr member
    And who are you supposed to be to judge others, let it go

mtbr member
    not distressed at all, you obviously just wanna argue. I'm not trying to look like a tool and be apart of this thread anymore so goodbye, I'm sure the OP appreciated you ruining his thread.

Wait for me!
    How about on a veranda?

If you're going "top of the food chain," why those pedals vs. XTR?
    I've seen you around these parts, your an instigator. Do you even own an Ibis or are you just trolling?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I am done with this thread. Thanks for the tire responses. I may have "improper " technique, but I am okay with that. The important thing to do is get out and ride.

Wait for me!
    I own two.

Are you suggesting that someone needs to own an Ibis to discuss pedal strikes in this forum?

No, I'm saying you troll around the forum picking fights. Your like a stoke removal machine, the guy is excited about his new bike and your just being a d!ckhead.

SLO Mtn biker!
    Too bad some troll ran this potentially informative thread off the tracks and over a cliff, leaving half the OP's questions unanswered.

mtbr member
    Thanks. You made me laugh again.
    Is your name Pete?
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车