Thread: New mojo lt??

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

New mojo lt??

Please Hans, tell us more about the new project ibis is presenting in a few months!!
    (I´ve read about it in an enterview to you on a spanish magazine )

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by sas2
    Please Hans, tell us more about the new project ibis is presenting in a few months!! (I´ve read about it in an enterview to you on a spanish magazine )
    LT meaning long travel? So maybe a 6+" travel Mojo. That would be nice!
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    He has said more travel than the mojo

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    1. Which spanish bike magazine? I happen to be in Madrid this week so I'll try to get a copy!

2. LT: Long Travel/LighT?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    1 solobici (http://www.solobicimtb.com/ but not actualized)
    2 LT=long travel

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Yet more intriguing news!

I would still kill for a DW-Link DH bike from Ibis!

mtbr member
    I'm betting on a 7-7.5" travel bike.
    On the lines of the Uzzi...

Maybe even Socom.

Dreamin'...
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    wizzler is a must. although then it consumes all your waking and sleeping thoughts until you can return.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Any answer after the Lopes dh win with a mojo?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    will it happen in the sea otter?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    17 months later
    a little more than 160mm and less than 13kg
    http://www.velovert.com/Information_...ntiers-de-Vars...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Wow.

Anyone wanna buya Mojo SL frame? Awesome condish!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    wizzler is a must. although then it consumes all your waking and sleeping thoughts until you can return.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    let's spot the differences...

-shock mount looks machined. probably useful for geometry testing. Maybe aluminum inlay inside the frame to reinforce structure around the mount.
    -Ibis badge is gone. Ibis sticker.
    -swingarm doesn't have its derailleur cable guide. derailleur cable routed below BB.
    -rear brake routed also differently; below top tube.

I'm wondering if the main frame is coming from a different mold.

ok, time for the photoshop wizz to layer the bikes and check for geometry changes.

let the fun begin...

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by sas2
    17 months later
    a little more than 160mm and less than 13kg
    http://www.velovert.com/Information_...ntiers-de-Vars...
    Wow. That is crazy nice. I'd like to see some specs regarding BB height, HA, stand over and if it will come in a flashy razzleberry paint scheme.

The pilot of that bike needs to reign in that Gravity Retarder cable though. Had the girl's bike set up with the Turbo set forward like that and one bail later the housing/cable was kinked and the remote pretty much useless. We have it coming out the back now (that's what she said).

meh
    beefier downtube

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Is that a tapered head tube?

Will we see some at Bootleg this September?

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by pedsdoc
    Is that a tapered head tube?

Will we see some at Bootleg this September?
    Looks like there's an actual non-internal headset on the lower head tube. Reducer maybe? Poor vision on my part maybe??

mtbr member

I wonder if it can take a 160 OR a 180 fork...

That is my #1 question, also if it's a 1.5 or not. Have to figure out which parts to swap if it turns out to be a winner Looks nice!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    Looks like there's an actual non-internal headset on the lower head tube. Reducer maybe? Poor vision on my part maybe??
    Looks like it could be a tapered headset - hmmmmmm. Hopefully not, being pushed to another standard blows :P.
    "Nice bike...Take it off any sweet jumps?"

Founder: Dirty3hirties

More rumors....

No pix but I was riding with my friend at Skeggs yesterday. He was at Trailhead cyclery this past week and said that Ibis (don't know if it was Hans or Tom) showed up at the shop with a 6X6 proto but he said that the bike had a "normal" front triangle so it didn't resemble the Mojo at all. I'm not validating the above story, but I don't doubt what my friend heard and he has no reason to lie to me. It's all hearsay until Ibis posts/says something.

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    im happy with new "standards" so long as they are a viable standard and have real benefits.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by JokerBoy
    Looks like it could be a tapered headset - hmmmmmm. Hopefully not, being pushed to another standard blows :P.
    I can relate to where you're coming from and have to say that initially I was kinda bummed on the whole tapered headtube thing.

However, one silver lining to the whole thing coming from stock 1-1/8 HT bikes is that so long as I stick with 1-1/8 forks I can use a flushmount reducer headset to get the front of the bike low-assuming it doesn't drastically steepen the head angle-or the reverse and use a standard reducer if I want the front of the bike higher to slacken it out, raise the BB, etc...

What always bummed me out about the older Turners and Santa Cruz models was the super tall head tube on the XL's coupled with a 1-1/8 headset made the front end super tall. Back when I had an '06 Ventana El Cuervo I had to franken-mod the 888 crowns to fit between the two headset cups on the largerst El Cuervo frame because the HT was so long. It barely fit and the bike almost looked like a chopper and rode horribly.

One of the big selling points to me about the original Mojo was the short HT on the XL and coupled with that an internal HS to get the front even lower. That is a huge plus in my book with that bike. I hope with whatever this is in the photo above, keeps with that tradition or something similar.

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    could the front mech cable be relocated to the downtube? Would it physically fit and come up and under the bb? Im not a big fan of the top mount cable(s).
    Looks great otherwise and certainyl caused me to delay ordering my SL

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ddraewwg
    No pix but I was riding with my friend at Skeggs yesterday. He was at Trailhead cyclery this past week and said that Ibis (don't know if it was Hans or Tom) showed up at the shop with a 6X6 proto but he said that the bike had a "normal" front triangle so it didn't resemble the Mojo at all. I'm not validating the above story, but I don't doubt what my friend heard and he has no reason to lie to me. It's all hearsay until Ibis posts/says something.
    if that is true, it is probably a very early proto. you don't prototype something in the shape of the current mojo frame. it's a special mold that would be waaay to costly to develop for prototypes first.

i bet the frame was hand built to test geometry and ride quality. final aesthetics and strength will come later when they are ready to invest in a mold.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I know a secret - you guys are gonna dig this bike!

There will be an official announcement soon!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    Interesting - could be a shoot out happening soon:

Turner RFX vs Ibis Mojo LT vs Pivot Firebird

Fragglepuss The Chaste

I'm glad we're just barely seeing news about whatever this bike is. The DW Link RFX speculation has been going on for the better part of a year in the Turner forum. At least we have an actual photo to speculate on and on about.

Talk about beating a dead horse over and over again .

mtbr member
    Hahahaha- every two weeks someone always asks... anyone know when the RFX is coming? hehehehe... I am an ex-homer

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Speculation: Seeing as how the photo of this bike showed up on a French website and Lopes was racing in France, I'm guessing he probably used the bike at the Trophy of Nations Enduro. Photo's of the event are just starting to trickle over the 'net so hopefully there will be some of the second place team's bikes, including whatever Lopes used.

Here's the news:

The Trophy of Nations Enduro race results are in. The USA team moved up a notch this year, finishing in second.

The French Enduro Series is an endurance downhill race series that holds two days of racing per event. Riders race at least ten races in a weekend with no riding practice, just course walking, for preparation. For the Trophy of Nations, teams of three representing their country race against each other. The three riders' times are added up and the lowest time of the weekend wins.

The power of the Frenchmen on their own turf propelled Remy Absalon's team to the top spot, but the USA boys - Mark Weir, Brian Lopes and Jason Moeschler - took the next podium spot. In third was the second French team. Damn the French, except they did make a sick enduro series and they are pushing to have something like it in North America. Okay, don't damn the French. Team USA just has to beat them next year...

Here are the top three team results:
    1 - FRANCE 1 (ABSALON Rémy / CLEMENTZ Jérôme / BALAUD Alex) - 04:57:00
    2 - USA 1 (WEIR Marc / LOPES Brian / MOESCHLER Jason) - 05:04:20 (+07:20,0)
    3 - FRANCE 2 (NOCE Greg / NAVARRO Olivier / GALY Théo) - 05:12:39 (+15:38,3)

Here are the individual results from the weekend:
    1 Jérôme CLEMENTZ
    2 Remy ABSALON
    3 René WILDHABER
    4 Mark WEIR
    5 Alex BALAUD
    6 William BALAUD
    7 Brian LOPES
    8 DINE VAN
    9 Maurin TROCELLO
    10 Greg NOCE
    11 Florian GOLAY
    12 Jason MOESCHLER
    13 Thomas HARTSTERN
    14 Olivier NAVARRO
    15 Yannick PONTAL

Reviewer/Tester

New Mojo HD.

The news from IBIS is that the latest weapon is confirmed to be a long travel bike which BL used in France to win a stage.

It looks like all those wishing for a longer travel IBIS will get their wish, the new IBIS HD looks like a winner!

Big Ibis News

Mojo HD Hits the Slopes

It's time to let the "HD" out of the bag.

Over the last couple years, we've been working on a new 160mm travel big brother to the Mojo Carbon and Mojo SL (each with 140mm travel), we're temporarily calling it the "Mojo HD". And now we think it's about time to tell you about it. Introducing the Ibis Mojo HD

Before we tell you about what nitty gritty details we're willing to divulge, we want to let you know that we've already been putting this bike through the paces, some of them rigorous.

Already a Race Winner

Brian Lopes spent the last week in Vars France, getting ready for and then competing in the Enduro Trophy des Nations. This is an enduro style race, becoming quite popular in Europe these days, where riders compete in a number of stages over a two day period with "beaucoup" downhill. This particular event had 10 stages over two days and featured over 10,000 M of descending. If you're bad at math (or don't like the metric system) that's 32,808.4 feet of descent. Or 6.21 MILES straight down, measured vertically! This race also had a bonus stage at 10PM on saturday night that didn't count for the overall time, but the winner got an extra 500 Euros of party money.
    Brian teamed up with WTB's Mark Weir and Jason Moescheler to form Team USA 1. Brian notched the first win for his prototype Mojo HD on its first day of racing by winning one of the stages on Saturday, propelling the team to second overall on Saturday night.

Brian is very happy with the bike, and told us a couple things in text messages received over the weekend.

"bike is awesome"

OK, we understand typing is not that easy on a Blackberry.

Brian's Sunday Night Report
    Seriously though, here we we have an extra long Blackberry missive from Monsieur Lopes:

"The Enduro race was a lot harder than I expected. The toll it took on everything: wheels, tires, brakes, suspension, the body, and of course the frame were beyond what I imagined. The new "HD" Ibis never missed a beat. For only getting the frame one week ago & with only one ride on it before packing it up for this race, it couldn't have gone through any more of a test than the abusive one I gave it here in France. With 10 demanding races, 3 of which ended with flat tires, the French won all but one race (which I won!). It was hard to beat them on course they knew better than all the rest, basically they were on their home track at times, where knowing the course saved them time.
    It's hard to believe that this bike isn't much heavier than the standard mojo, as it was eating up courses that were worthy of full-on DH rigs. The added travel, stiffness, clearance for larger tires and a 8" rotor allow you to take on the toughest terrain you can throw at it, but it's still efficient and light enough to pedal up any hill. Another weapon is added to the ibis line up...

Wow, so there you go. The only non-French winner of any stage was Brian, and they ended second overall. We think that's pretty impressive. Without further fluff, here's a bit more about the bike.

Mojo "HD" Prototype Specifications

Price and delivery date are both to be decided. 160mm of rear wheel travel. DW Link Suspension. 26" Wheels. Target weight for the frame and shock: 6.2-6.5 lbs. (we're not there yet but are fine-tuning the layup). 67 degree head angle with a 160mm fork (Brian was running a 170mm fork this weekend, you can also run a 180mm). Chain stay length: 17.125". Top tube lengths are the same as regular Mojos. 12 x 135mm Maxle rear axle. Post mount magnesium left dropout, carbon right dropout. Compatible with the new tapered steerer standard: 1 1/8th hidden upper, 1.5 traditional lower. Compatible with both Chris King InSet and Cane Creek Frustum headsets. If you want to run your current straight 1 1/8" fork, we've got you covered too. We will have an adapter available, and you will be able to use a King headset top and bottom. 2.35"-2.5" rear tire depending on brand and height of cornering knobs. Dual row angular contact bearings in the front of the lower link that
    have less play than standard sealed bearings. Preload adjustment is not necessary. Large 28mm x 15mm x 7mm radial bearings in the rear for stiffness and long wear. The leverage ratio, like the Mojo and Mojo SL is designed for air shocks. The Mojo HD comes with a 8.5" x 2.5" Fox RP23. A DHX air will work on all but the small size. A coil shock is not offered because the linkage rates weren't designed for it. We lowered the top tube to get slightly better standover than the regular mojo while having a higher BB because of the longer travel (we managed to retain the DHX air compatibility in 3 of the 4 sizes). The Bottom Bracket height is 13.8"-14" depending on tires. Chain guide development is well on its way, we'll announce compatible brands soon. The frame will not have ISCG mounts so it will not be Hammerschmidt compatible. The HD runs full cable housing. Rear brake and rear deraileur run on the down tube, with hidden swingarm housing for the rear derailleur. Front
    derailleur (if you use one) and adjustible seatpost housing (if you use one) run along the top tube. And once again, just to make sure you got it, price and delivery date are both yet to be decided.

Stay tuned for more.
    Ibis
    Ibis Cycles, Inc | 1-866-424-7635 (1-866-IBIS-635)

Rainman.
    It is inevitable ...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

This is where manufacturers are putting their R+D dollars IMO, lighter 160mm+ travel bikes, not 29ers.

I've been waiting since last Interbike to at least see a pic of a prototype DWlink RFX.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman
    The news from IBIS is that the latest weapon is confirmed to be a long travel bike which BL used in France to win a stage.
    Pretty much nailed it. I just hope the price doesn't rival some of the newer DW Link's coming out as of late.

Thank god DT Swiss has a Maxle adaptor kit for the EX1750's.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Mojo "HD" Prototype Specifications
    • Price and delivery date are both to be decided.
    • 160mm of rear wheel travel.
    • DW Link Suspension.
    • 26" Wheels.
    • Target weight for the frame and shock: 6.2-6.5 lbs. (we're not there yet but are fine-tuning the layup).
    • 67 degree head angle with a 160mm fork (Brian was running a 170mm fork this weekend, you can also run a 180mm).
    • Chain stay length: 17.125".
    • Top tube lengths are the same as regular Mojos.
    • 12 x 135mm Maxle rear axle.
    • Post mount magnesium left dropout, carbon right dropout.
    • Compatible with the new tapered steerer standard: 1 1/8th hidden upper, 1.5 traditional lower.
    • Compatible with both Chris King InSet and Cane Creek Frustum headsets.
    • If you want to run your current straight 1 1/8" fork, we've got you covered too. We will have an adapter available, and you will be able to use a King headset top and bottom.
    • 2.35"-2.5" rear tire depending on brand and height of cornering knobs.
    • Dual row angular contact bearings in the front of the lower link that have less play than standard sealed bearings. Preload adjustment is not necessary. Large 28mm x 15mm x 7mm radial bearings in the rear for stiffness and long wear.
    • The leverage ratio, like the Mojo and Mojo SL is designed for air shocks. The Mojo HD comes with a 8.5" x 2.5" Fox RP23. A DHX air will work on all but the small size. A coil shock is not offered because the linkage rates weren't designed for it. We lowered the top tube to get slightly better standover than the regular mojo while having a higher BB because of the longer travel (we managed to retain the DHX air compatibility in 3 of the 4 sizes).
    • The Bottom Bracket height is 13.8"-14" depending on tires.
    • Chain guide development is well on its way, we'll announce compatible brands soon. The frame will not have ISCG mounts so it will not be Hammerschmidt compatible.
    • The HD runs full cable housing. Rear brake and rear deraileur run on the down tube, with hidden swingarm housing for the rear derailleur.
    • Front derailleur (if you use one) and adjustible seatpost housing (if you use one) run along the top tube.
    • And once again, just to make sure you got it, price and delivery date are both yet to be decided.
    Stay tuned for more.
    Ibis

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman

<snip>

Rainman.
    great news.....preorder incoming

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    If I hadn't recently purchased a Tracer, I would be ordering up on of those. It looks spot on!

mtbr member
    Man - that is some sweet specs ZZsean. Thanks for gathering that info... .

I'll never have the skillz for a bike like that, or the terrain - but can't wait to see the build pics from everyone .

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Display at Interbike? Now that would be "best at show".

Even displaying BL's prototype would be fine.

Looks like I have to make space for another bike next year.

So is that a prototype 170mm Lyrik too?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Lyrics are 170mm for 2010 - I believe they are already available...
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

Members who have read this thread: 0