Thread: New Ibis bikes

boba
    Dec 2007

New Ibis bikes

Pictures of Bob Austin's new Ibis Bike......
    Attached Images Attached Images

boba
    Dec 2007

An now my wife Jane's bike(s)

FYI: Her trials motorcyle is a converted Ibis. Trail shorts are of the Comox Valley, Vancouver Island (shot yesterday and today!) Bob

boba
    Dec 2007

Comox Valley (Vancouver Island) Trails on an Ibis

These are some of the lower trails, which we can ride year round. Now riding them on our new Ibis bikes. All Ibis bike owners welcome. Bob

mtbr member
    Great pics Bob..A woman on a trials bike and a Mojo...Your a lucky man!! My SL showed up today...It's soooo coool i'm going to hang it on the wall....can I borrow mamas trials bike....grew up on Lake Erie and rode those a lot...miss it out in Clorado...oh yea I got a Mojo to ride..sweeeet
    Just ride and quit bit$hin........
    SANTA CRUZ TALLBOY LT...SC Highball-SS-....Supersix-EVO1

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Nice Bikes!
    Nice looking area for trails!

I'll give people the desert and then high country Ibis on trails photo fix throughout the year, we are relying on you to give us the Ibis on North Shore trails photo fix.

Amber and I are thinking to head up to BC in July, so we may well take you up on your offer! (You have to dig a woman with her own Trials Moto!)

It's the axle
    Those are some cool looking trails. And the bikes aren't bad either.

I love trials. There was a short spree of televised trials a few years ago, and it was great to see Dougie Lampkin climbing a waterfall. The most exciting sport, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK8bxnD9wJU

www.derbyrims.com
    Juicy trail pix! I never get over how much at home the Mojo looks in the deep dark woods - but somehow overexposed when out in the blazing sun. Cool trials moto - some big talent there!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Mr.B. Austin,

Very nice bikes and trails...What's the weight of your Matte Ibis mojo with Fox 36 Talas on the front?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    sweet, have you posted the pics of your new Mojo in the post your Mojo pics here thread yet?
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

boba
    Dec 2007

Ibis Enduro set-up

Hi Akazan..To answer your question, my Ibis in size large weighs 28.8 lbs with full XT kit, ti bolt kit, Short 70mm 20 degree stem by Blackspire and Carbon fibre downhill Easton bar, XTR pedels, ti rail WTB seat and 2.35 Nevegals. 5.8lbs less than my Gemini but it rides like it is 12 lbs less. Jane's with fox 32 and heavy pedels weights 28.

To others who posted. Our group is going to the North Shore in June, so we will post some shots then. If any Ibis riders are coming up to BC, you are more than welcome to visit...we have a very nice, private guest room and you can experience some of the best riding you will find anywhere. Our group has been to Moab three times and several riders are in Sedona this week. We go to places like Moab for the road trip, the beautiful desert and a change in scenery, but not because the riding is better....the riding here is amazing.

Once the snow level has risen and opened up the really good trails, I will take a few more photos. Our typical ride is an hour and a quarter of tough technical climbing and two hours of downhill/technical cross country over a lot of rock interspersed with deep forest. Dozens of trails. The most recent one I and another built and is called "Dirty Jane" after my wife. We both ride trials bikes..I compete at a very low level...too old to be good. bob.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by bobAustin
    Pictures of Bob Austin's new Ibis Bike......
    Very nice bikes!
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Nice bike Bob! When I demoed a Mojo w/ a 36 up front I was very impressed at what a great all around bike it was. Fun descending and climbed as good as anything. How are you liking it thus far?

boba
    Dec 2007

fox 36 talas on Ibis

Locomoto...My last two forks were a 150mm Marzocchi Z1 light and a Marzocchi triple clamp before that...all 6 inch. The Fox 36 is every bit as plush as either of them...way more adjustable and best of all, the front fork works well at the 160,130 and 100mm settings. It is very good in the 130mm. mode. I have used the 100mm setting only once on a very long granny gear grunt of a climb.

Overall, the fork you buy should be dictated by the trails you ride. I would highly recommed the fork for anyone who is riding trals that are rough, and steep....either up or down. If someone is buying an Ibis to get a 25.5 lb. bike then the 36 is not the best bet.

bob