komojo dragon
    Mar 2007

Hope New Green Mojo on order!

Just had to share this with the folks who care about such things!

It will be the SX build with Float RLC upgrade, and Avid 7's upgrade.
    I got to just ride around the block @ Cal Coast cycles in San Diego on a L and XL. Though I fit right in between (6'1" with 34 inseam ) these two, the L felt like it would offer more of a flickable fun character without losing stability. I am going on reviews as to climbing ability and descending prowess. Seems a very "together" package.

My search started back in January - looking for a bike for my wife ( Fisher Cake 3 - nice forgiving character for her as a beginning offroader ) I road many of the bikes she road so I could see what she was feeling. I have a Bridgestone MB3 which I bought new back in '87 - still a great - now vintage - "rigid" bike! I was hoping to find a modern full susser that I could feel as good about as the Bridgestone... not easy

The Mojo is just awesome looking ( I shouldn't care I suppose, but I have an education in design.. so it matters some! ) Green to be different and a slight homage to my first Kawasaki enduro ( KS 125 '74 )

I just started getting excited about this bike the night before even going down to see and ride it - woke up in the middle of the night... Anyone else do this?

I have a feeling that this bike will grow on me more and more over time... Is this your experience with your Ibii?

Very impressed with Charlie and the folks at Cal Coast Cycles! Great communication, and very nice attention to details on their builds!

holding back the darkness
    Congrats. You will like. We all do. I have only heard of one person that has gotten rid of his Mojo after a short while and that was due more to some sort of OCD lack of faith that any problems with the bike.
    The biggest problem I have encountered so far is trying to explain to everyone who asks that the Mojo is the best bike available- period. An expensive bike to be sure, but very competitively priced when considering that it is cheaper that the closest comparable frame. And they will tire very quickly when you try to explain the miracle of DW-link and how it morphs leverage ratios before your very eyes and provides amazing ride characteristics. Yes, the unindoctrinated masses will take your pride and amazement over this new Mojo as gloating. They will become jealous. Soon even the neighborhood children will be eyed with suspicion as you lower the garage door after a ride, sealing your mojo safely inside. You know that they all want your precious... that everyone covets that magical mojo for all it's amazing properties.. yesssss. your precious.
    Soon, though unfortunate, you will be an outcast. Your old riding buddies will make excuses not to ride with you because this sight of you blissful and free on your mojo will slap them in the face with the realization that their bikes weigh more, cost more, might even have less travel, and the travel they do have is just crazy monkey motion in comparison to the elegantly efficient design beneath you. You will be shunned. Hopefully though you will one day find another mojo and its rider out there in the wide world. And the two of you will find others and others. And the mojo riders of the coasts will find their way inland and the riders from the midwest and rocky mountains and southwest and all points will come together! And this will usher in a new age of understanding and knowledge! And there will be a great Mojo Migration and we will follow the seasons and ride only the best trails stopping only to devour margaritas and the occasional human sacfrice!
    And in this way we will take over the world!
    (insert maniacal laughter here)
    Welcome to the Mojo Collective.
    **** censorship

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    thanks sublime,

Nice thoughtful post! lol

The bike will be an attention getter - that's ok cuz I don't mind talking, and the need to rest on steep climbs is frequent.. pulling into garage... has occurred to me.. knock on wood.

Never thought I'd spend this much on a bicycle... yet it somehow does strike me as a pretty good deal.. weird about that, but I just keep seeing flashes of green in my head.. a good sign in this case.

Questions: Is there any real world advantage of going with the DHX Air?
    Anyone with the standard SX crossride wheel set have any regrets about not upgrading upfront?

I am trying to do a good thoughtful budget build...

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Mojo Collective.. Amen

Just wanted add to the post of newbies to the Ibis forum. After much reading (lurking) I took the plunge in Feb. and just got receieved my Foam Mojo. I think I've held that frame more than my kids the past week! Is that bad?? Just got the headset and seat today and I'm looking forward to starting the build this weekend. I have enjoyed reading the comments on the bike and setups. Thanks to all who have shared their builds and feedback.( Maniacal laughter)

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    sweat - That frame is a work of art isn't it? This is your last chance to hold it as a frame!

Gotta be a neat experience to build the bike all up your self!

Green Mojo

green mojo

I also live in San Diego and I have a green mojo as well. I got mine in January and have become somewhat obsessed with riding. I stopped working on Fridays so that I can get a long ride in every Friday. I remember not being able to sleep the night before I got my new bike.

It is even better than you expect it to be. You too will soon be obsessed with the urge to ride more, work less.......

I will look for you on the trails. What trails do you normally ride?

bikerneil
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    That really is beautiful!

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    bikerneil - Wow, Niiiiice..

I see little flashes of green in my minds eye whenever I think about this bike! Thanks very much for that photo blessing!

On a side note, I work in the "balance your life trade" and I heartily salute your decision to take Fridays off for something that you love!

I actually lilve in Aliso Viejo, I came down to San Diego to get a little seat time on a Mojo and try different frame sizes. Charlie at Cal Coast and his crew were just excellent at service/communication etc. so decided to go through them for the bike!

I mostly ride Aliso and Wood Canyons right near where I live, and hope to do quite a bit more exploring around the area. Some rides down your way could easilly work as well, since I'll have the bike down occaisionally anyway!

What are your favorite rides in San Diego?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

(Art)Work in progress

Scott- Yes it is.Unfortunately a remodel is keeping me out of my garage so I have to make due with a temporary stand / bench in the backyard. I worked at a bike shop while in college at Cal Poly, SLO. I built my first "real" mtn bike (1989 Team Stumpjumper) which I still have and ride. I have bulit all of my owm bikes since then and a couple for friends.Having the right tools is 90%. all take a few pics. So far I have the seatpost, headset, fork, stem,handelbars, BB, and crank. It looks sick.

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    sweat -

I am a fellow poly alum What a great idea working in a bike shop - d@#%n What a great supply of semi intelligent cheap labor we all were... lol

The open air build is actually pretty cool! Great to see some pictures of your bike coming together!

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    sweat -

I am a fellow poly alum What a great idea working in a bike shop - d@#%n What a great supply of semi intelligent cheap labor we all were... lol

The open air build is actually pretty cool! Great to see some pictures of your bike coming together!

Green Mojo

San Diego rides

I live in Carlsbad so I ride lots of Orange County rides (Aliso Canyon, Whiting Ranch, and the San Juan trails) and lots of San Diego trails including:
    Daley Ranch in Escondido
    Knotts Berry Farms in Carlsbad (1/2 mile from my house)
    Calaveras Hills in Carlsbad
    Sycamore Canyon in Poway
    Los Penasquitos / Del Mar Mesa
    Various trails in Olivenhain

I have not yet made it down to Noble Canyon.

I am very lucky to live so close to the Knotts Berry / La Costa hill. With recent improvements, it is one of the best single track / switchback rides around. It's not a long ride, but it's fun and very convenient from my own driveway.

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    Bike update:

Frame has arrived at the bike shop expected build time late this coming week

bikerneil - You are covering a lot of ground! It's great to have a riding area you don't have to drive to! I used to ride Aliso Wood Canyon before it was a park - back in the day. Part of a ranch - also before Aliso existed more than in name...

Hope to get out and ride some new trails.. and get into some kind of shape!

Do you think two green mojos might cause people to fall off their bikes?

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    Monday bike update:

Notta

But I have been haunting the mtbr boards as if that will help make the bike show up faster I was told last Friday to not hold my breath over the weekend, and that I could expect good news later this week. I don't want to rush the good work I have witnessed at Cal Coast - patience, patience patience patience...

ok off to start a new thread...

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    Tuesday update:
    frame prepped yesterday: clear protection, faced, chased, and wrapped the chainstay
    today: parts start going on

woohoo!

Have to thank Charlie also for keeping my excitement from turning into upgrade-itus!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Scott, I posted a couple of pics in the Ibis Gallery at their website. I tried here but Icouldn't get themtp upload. CHeck them out.

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    Sweat,

Very nice bike! I like the color of the forks to accent the "foam" frame!

I haven't tried to upload a picture here yet, but looks like the file size you posted at Ibis might be why? Check here to see what the pic file limit is..

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007

... and if we just ... Mojo Born 6-5-2007

Just got a call From Charlie : Mojo is ready!!!

I'll pick er up tomorrow - more gushing to follow... and pictures !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    Need to go to bed so I can sleep so I can drive to San Diego and pick la Mojo

Green Mojo

enjoy!

Scotto,

Have fun on your new green mojo. Make sure you take the time to get it dialed in at your shop. My LBS gave me about an hour of their time and it was essentially 100% good to go from the start. I have made few if any adjustments to shocks or otherwise.

If you like your bike half as much as I do, you will get more than your money's worth.

I will look for you and your green machine on the trail.

bikerneil