mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New Discolugi Photos

Howdy, since pretty much everyone likes pictures, we thought we'd post a few of the new Hakkalügi Disc, in both colors (China White and Black Lung/Gangrene) and both build configurations (Ultegra and Rival).

BLACK LUNG/GANGRENE

CHINA WHITE

160MM post mount ENVE CX fork

Look closely at the lion

FSA Energy Cross MegaExo Crank 36-46

Sorry, no more hand job

Post Mount 140mm with 160 rotor adaptor and Shimano CX-75 mechanical discs

Tapered head tube

Top tube cable routing, top pull front derailleur

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    You're right we do like pictures, I don't suppose you have any of the Riply do you? Shots along the same lines as above would be great, but shots of them being boxed up for delivery to stores would be even better.

mtbr member
    Took me a minute to figure out what MCXWC 2012 means. Props to Don Myrah
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I'm ignorant, so forgive me.

Why mechanical Disc's instead of Hydraulic? I'm sure there's a reason but I cant figure it out.
    Ibis 2012 SL-R
    Ibis 2010 Mojo SL
    Fat City Cycles 93' Yo Eddy!
    Fat City Cycles 91' Wicked Fat Chance
    DB 89' Ascent EX

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Why does the seatstay on the black frame intersect the seattube well below the top tube while on the white frame it intersects right at the top tube? The black frame looks slightly smaller than the white frame, does this configuration help soften up the smaller frame by allowing a bit more flex?

mtbr member
    Very nice.

How much different from the non disc version outside of the discs?

Off the back...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voyeur View Post

Why mechanical Disc's instead of Hydraulic? I'm sure there's a reason but I cant figure it out.
    Not many hydro brifters out there. Formula debuted one earlier in the year, but it's been quiet for a while. The TRP Hywire has also shown a slick Di2 setup. Canyon has a prototype. There was also the SRAM proto. Magura has the RT6 and RT8 hydro RIM brakes, so I can't imagine they're too far behind.

Personally, I'm adopting a wait-and-see attitude. Odds are, SRAM will produce a gorgeous-looking, super-light piece of crap that's impossible to bleed. Shimano will create an ugly-yet-functional first try followed by a dazzling second attempt. Hope will CNC something amazing, Formula will come up with a curvy brake and Magura's will be a bit heavy but super reliable.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by s_timoshenko View Post
    Why does the seatstay on the black frame intersect the seattube well below the top tube while on the white frame it intersects right at the top tube? The black frame looks slightly smaller than the white frame, does this configuration help soften up the smaller frame by allowing a bit more flex?
    I was so busy lusting after this that I totally didn't even notice that. Good catch.

Are they available for order now? Is there a backlog of orders?

mtbr member
    Different size frames

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    Odds are, SRAM will produce a gorgeous-looking, super-light piece of crap that's impossible to bleed. Shimano will create an ugly-yet-functional first try followed by a dazzling second attempt.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    Not many hydro brifters out there. Formula debuted one earlier in the year, but it's been quiet for a while. The TRP Hywire has also shown a slick Di2 setup. Canyon has a prototype. There was also the SRAM proto. Magura has the RT6 and RT8 hydro RIM brakes, so I can't imagine they're too far behind.

Personally, I'm adopting a wait-and-see attitude. Odds are, SRAM will produce a gorgeous-looking, super-light piece of crap that's impossible to bleed. Shimano will create an ugly-yet-functional first try followed by a dazzling second attempt. Hope will CNC something amazing, Formula will come up with a curvy brake and Magura's will be a bit heavy but super reliable.
    For hydraulic brakes we are all using the 324 labs adapter. It works flawlessly:
    Introducing the 324 brake adapter system

H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The angle between the seat stay and chain stay is shared per about 2 sizes so you will see a different attachment point on various sizes.

H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voyeur View Post

There are none available just yet. We've been using this:
    Introducing the 324 brake adapter system with Formula hydraulic brakes or the new Shimano cable actuated calipers. They work very well.
    H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by grouan View Post
    Very nice.

How much different from the non disc version outside of the discs?
    Thanks! We've been having a blast on it... the main changes are:

Lowered BB (excellent cornering)
    Tapered head tube and steerer tube to increase front end steering precision and strength to weight ratio.
    Enve fork
    Cable routing is better for CX, running along the top tube instead of the down tube
    Stiffer frame
    More tire clearance

That's about it...

Hans
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampir View Post
    I was so busy lusting after this that I totally didn't even notice that. Good catch.

Are they available for order now? Is there a backlog of orders?
    Hello Vampir,

We do have some of them in stock for the intro: 55, 58 and 61 in white are in stock and shipping out.

Smaller sizes in white and black in all sizes will be here in the next month or so.

Cheers!
    H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

Off the back...
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc View Post
    For hydraulic brakes we are all using the 324 labs adapter. It works flawlessly:
    Introducing the 324 brake adapter system

H
    Looks similar to the TRP Parabox:

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hope Technology also have response for hydros
    V-Twin - Hope V-Twin Product Details

Off the back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bati View Post
    Hope Technology also have response for hydros
    V-Twin - Hope V-Twin Product Details
    $320 shipped! Not too shabby...