Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

New Arrival at PUSH

Well, I finally got the much anticipated IBIS MOJO built and ready for it's maiden voyage this afternoon. For those who've seen this bike in person this won't be any suprise, but on a scale of 1-10 the fit/finish/beauty of this bike is a 12.

MOJO Frame Medium
    FOX RP23 Rear Shock
    FOX FLOAT 140RLC
    CANE CREEK IS Headset
    Crank Brothers Candy Pedals
    XO Shifters/derailleurs
    SRAM 9Speed Cassette
    SRAM Hollow Pin Chain
    SRAM
    TRUVATIVE Team Carbon Bar/SeatPost
    TRUVATIVE Carbon GXP Crank
    TRUVATIVE Team AL Stem
    AVID Ultimate Front(185)/Rear(160) Brakes
    ODI Lock On Grips
    WTB Rocket Ti-Rail Saddle
    SPINERGY Xyclone Disc Wheels
    KENDA Blue Groove 2.35 Stick-E Front
    KENDA Nevegal 2.1 DTC Rear

26.0 lbs

Here's a couple of quick pics...more to come.

Darren
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    psyched!

So when I bring my Fox Vanilla up there to get pushed for my Mojo you will understand exactly the frame it will be going on!

this is actually really good news and has actually encourage me to take the time and get my shock to you.

It's the axle
    Nice.

Caution: May be habit forming.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    very sweet, Darren!

www.derbyrims.com
    Congratulations!

BTW, my Pushed RC is such an improvement on my Mojo Iím now even more spoiled. I may have to spend some big bucks to get an RLC and Push it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Darren,

Your new rig is sweet looking. Is it replacing the Nomad? I have been checking out the Mojo and it looks awesome on paper. Lightweight with a good amount of travel. Let me know how it rides. I am interested to hear what you think about it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Wow, so beautifull. Damn that black looks sweet. Dont forget to post it onto the thread, post your Mojo pics here, thanks in advance

mtbr member
    So when I bring my Fox Vanilla up there to get pushed for my Mojo you will understand exactly the frame it will be going on!

this is actually really good news and has actually encourage me to take the time and get my shock to you.
    Let me know when you want to come up. I'll make sure that I'm in that day to give you the nickel tour.

Nice.

Caution: May be habit forming

very sweet, Darren! Congratulations!
    Thanks, yeah I'm stoked!

BTW, my Pushed RC is such an improvement on my Mojo Iím now even more spoiled. I may have to spend some big bucks to get an RLC and Push it.
    Cool, I was meaning to get in touch with you before I left on vacation. Anyway, sorry about the surprise modified lower spring retainer and such...I thought it turned out well though. Glad to hear you're happy with what we came up with. One ride but the FLOAT RLC seems to be nicely balanced for the application.

Darren,

Your new rig is sweet looking. Is it replacing the Nomad? I have been checking out the Mojo and it looks awesome on paper. Lightweight with a good amount of travel. Let me know how it rides. I am interested to hear what you think about it.
    No, not replacing the Nomad...in fact that bike just got a makeover. Really a different catagory bike. "Awesome on paper"....yup....makes a pretty darn good first impression too!

Wow, so beautifull. Damn that black looks sweet. Dont forget to post it onto the thread, post your Mojo pics here, thanks in advance
    10-4

At some point I'll recharge the battery in my high res camera..but for now....

Darren
    Attached Images Attached Images

mojo mofo
    Nice work Darren, now you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when I send my twice replaced (and not by Fox) RP23 to you in the fall to get rid of its wheezing, squeaking and whatever else sounds.

Also, you're gonna wanna cover up that chainstay with some serious tape/jumbo lizard skin action if you want to keep it looking that good. There is another post here with recommendations on where else to put some clear film. Mostly the bottom of the down tube to the bb housing and the inside of the chainstay/seatstay on the drive side.

Welcome to the cult of Mojo, I think you'll like it here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Darren, I'm running the same size frame, rear shock and front. I think the front isn't the best match for the rear. I get loads of bottomless-feeling plush travel from the rear and its supple enough and the damping fast enough to react to technical rock gardens full of squared edged stuff, even seated.

The front doesn't seem a supple. I've been out of mountain biking for some time, and my frame of reference is the Marz Atom Bomb which is butta smooth.

Anyway, can you guys modify the Float to give it the kind of feel I'm looking for or will I have to go coil?

gracias

mtbr member

Subject

Nice work Darren, now you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when I send my twice replaced (and not by Fox) RP23 to you in the fall to get rid of its wheezing, squeaking and whatever else sounds.

Also, you're gonna wanna cover up that chainstay with some serious tape/jumbo lizard skin action if you want to keep it looking that good. There is another post here with recommendations on where else to put some clear film. Mostly the bottom of the down tube to the bb housing and the inside of the chainstay/seatstay on the drive side.

Welcome to the cult of Mojo, I think you'll like it here.
    Yeah, we're familiar with the "valve harmonic" that some RP3/RP23's produce and can adjust that sound out for you. As I've mentioned in other posts, it's not damaging, just annoying to listen to for some people.

As for the frame protection, I got that squared away before I rode it....thanks for the heads up though.

Darren, I'm running the same size frame, rear shock and front. I think the front isn't the best match for the rear. I get loads of bottomless-feeling plush travel from the rear and its supple enough and the damping fast enough to react to technical rock gardens full of squared edged stuff, even seated.

The front doesn't seem a supple. I've been out of mountain biking for some time, and my frame of reference is the Marz Atom Bomb which is butta smooth.

Anyway, can you guys modify the Float to give it the kind of feel I'm looking for or will I have to go coil?

gracias
    First question I would have is rider weight. That would have a large effect on how close the stock settings are for you. Next would be the settings that you're running both front and rear. I'd be happy to discuss your options/setup in detail any time and can be reached either at (970) 278-1110 ext 302, or at dm@pushindustries.com.

Now that I've had the shakedown ride I'm off to the local proving grounds to give this thing a rip! Sunny and 83 degrees today here in Northern Colorado!!

Darren

mojo mofo
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    ... we're familiar with the "valve harmonic" that some RP3/RP23's produce and can adjust that sound out for you ...
    Thanks Darren, didn't mean to jack this thread for shock talk. Enjoy your Mojo!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    First question I would have is rider weight. That would have a large effect on how close the stock settings are for you. Next would be the settings that you're running both front and rear. I'd be happy to discuss your options/setup in detail any time and can be reached either at (970) 278-1110 ext 302, or at dm@pushindustries.com.

Now that I've had the shakedown ride I'm off to the local proving grounds to give this thing a rip! Sunny and 83 degrees today here in Northern Colorado!!

Darren
    Darren, I had Wrench Science set the bike up. The seat height, seat position, stem, controls, bar, etc were all set up perfectly for my body dimensions. The fork/shock was supposed to be dialed in for my weight (190). Rear feels great.

Anyway, I'll give you a holla during the week.

Cheers,

Jeff

RIP 12/95 - 02/09

Drool

Well, I finally got the much anticipated IBIS MOJO built and ready for it's maiden voyage this afternoon. For those who've seen this bike in person this won't be any suprise, but on a scale of 1-10 the fit/finish/beauty of this bike is a 12.

MOJO Frame Medium
    FOX RP23 Rear Shock
    FOX FLOAT 140RLC
    CANE CREEK IS Headset
    XO Shifters/derailleurs
    SRAM 9Speed Cassette
    SRAM Hollow Pin Chain
    SRAM
    TRUVATIVE Team AL Stem
    ODI Lock On Grips

26.0 lbs

Darren
    One sexy bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Darren,
    I'd love to have your stable. Nomad, new RFX, and now a new Ibis (countless others I'm sure). Instead of me pondering the debate between the purchase between an Ibis/Spot type bike or an RFX, you say WTF and pull the trigger on both. Strong work.
    So how much do you have to back off in the techy stuff with the Ibis vs the RFX? Surely, the Ibis can't handle as big of hits as an RFX.
    Everyone here seems to rave about the downhill capability of the Ibis-- input?

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That's sick Darren, have a blast with that badboy! That bike is right up your alley.
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

mtbr member
    Thanks Darren, didn't mean to jack this thread for shock talk. Enjoy your Mojo!
    LOL, no worries....talking about suspension always seems to be a trend with my posts for some odd reason!?!?!

Darren, I had Wrench Science set the bike up. The seat height, seat position, stem, controls, bar, etc were all set up perfectly for my body dimensions. The fork/shock was supposed to be dialed in for my weight (190). Rear feels great.

Anyway, I'll give you a holla during the week.

Cheers,

Jeff
    Jeff, good talking with you this morning.

One sexy bike.
    Absolutely and understatement.

Darren,
    I'd love to have your stable. Nomad, new RFX, and now a new Ibis (countless others I'm sure). Instead of me pondering the debate between the purchase between an Ibis/Spot type bike or an RFX, you say WTF and pull the trigger on both. Strong work.
    So how much do you have to back off in the techy stuff with the Ibis vs the RFX? Surely, the Ibis can't handle as big of hits as an RFX.
    Everyone here seems to rave about the downhill capability of the Ibis-- input?
    Yeah, it's a bummer having all of these bikes....it's my job though. As for backing off, I'm not sure that would be the term just becasue we base it on how the bike handles at the limit. The trail we rode yesterday had a pretty large range of terrain with low speed techy climb, buff singletrack, high speed square bumps, big drop ins, etc. Comparing it to the RFX isn't really fair becasue I feel that the bikes are too different. My RFX is built with bigger wheels, tires, bars, a FOX 36 front fork....so riding the same terrain requires less focus at the same speed but as to be expected. What I can say is that in stock trim the IBIS is VERY neutral, VERY predictable. Smooth, great ergonomics, and very easy to adapt to quickly. At 180lbs, the stock suspension wasn't quite where I wanted it too be (big suprise ), but even with that factor the bike was very confidence inspiring at the limit descending. Even riding over my head a couple of times only resulted in one "get off".

That's sick Darren, have a blast with that badboy! That bike is right up your alley.
    That it is...let me know if you're interested in picking one up....I know the guy invloved in the design!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Darren, shot you an email on logistics of getting my new ride PUSHed. Great talking to you as well. I've been around the moto-x scene (teens), mtb scene (last 15 years), and recently motorsports (last 7 years, tracking both a bmw and a porsche). My opinion is that suspensions are 1 part science and 1 part black art. It's fantastic to talk with somebody who gets that and am happy that there's a company out there that can tune a suspension commensurate with my expectations.

Anyway, pls keep us all posted on how the mojo feels after you get to dialing in the suspension. I'm keenly interested in knowing.

Cheers,

Jeff

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That Mojo is The Ducks Nuts

Coolio !~!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

MOJO Frame Medium
    FOX RP23 Rear Shock
    FOX FLOAT 140RLC
    CANE CREEK IS Headset
    XO Shifters/derailleurs
    SRAM 9Speed Cassette
    SRAM Hollow Pin Chain
    SRAM
    TRUVATIVE Team AL Stem
    ODI Lock On Grips

26.0 lbs

Darren
    Nice ride !
    How do you like the spinergy's ? I have been using them for long time and love em. (On two different bikes.)
    Absorb shock like crazy, light and still fairly stiff laterally. I have had to do nothing to them except grease for years. (I never hose job my bikes) I hope to stop by and visit and see the ride sometime, and bring an RP3 in for service. (I'm back to home in Denver for Aug and Sept.)

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Darren,
    Great build. Did you get your seatpost alum insert coming unbonded issue fixed ?
    Mojo Seat Tube Insert Problem I wonder if it is a galvanization issue with the carbon and the alum insert. I think they are going to carbon inserts on the mojsl but am not sure.
    I was by there to pick up my shock and saw the build, wow. Btw, having my shock pushed changed my bike. It was like a new suspension !

I'll be ordering a mojsl next year and sending the shock to be pushed !
    Last edited by ghawk; 09-14-2007 at 05:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gsierraclub
    Nice ride !
    How do you like the spinergy's ? I have been using them for long time and love em. (On two different bikes.)
    Absorb shock like crazy, light and still fairly stiff laterally. I have had to do nothing to them except grease for years. (I never hose job my bikes) I hope to stop by and visit and see the ride sometime, and bring an RP3 in for service. (I'm back to home in Denver for Aug and Sept.)

sweet ride, i was about to reply about those rims but someone beat me to the punch. do you think they withstand 210 lbs on them. i am looking for a new wheel set when i get my mojo, and they look pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    Nice ride !
    How do you like the spinergy's ?
    Now that I've had some real rides on this bike I can say that the wheels seem really nice. This is my first time on them, but so far so good.

Great build. Did you get your seatpost alum insert coming unbonded issue fixed ?
    Yeah, I got a new front section built up. The guys at IBIS are real responsive to the issue from what I've heard...and not to just us industry folks! Pretty much a non-issue that they've got a handle on. Glad you're happy with your stuff!

sweet ride, i was about to reply about those rims but someone beat me to the punch. do you think they withstand 210 lbs on them. i am looking for a new wheel set when i get my mojo, and they look pretty sweet.
    I'm not sure because I have limited time on them, about 7-8 good rides. Like I mentioned earlier, so far so good. Light, stiff, interesting dampening quality....I like them.

Darren

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Damn, I thought you would be extolling the virtues of getting your shop all geared up to tune RS forks. I say quit this riding nonsense and get ready to PUSH some Pikes. Riding is overrated and for posers!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by ghawk
    I'll be ordering a mojsl next year and sending the shock to be pushed !
    Is Push working on DT Swiss shocks?

As an aside, what do you (Push) think about the DT Swiss shock in comparison to the RP23?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast