mtbr member

Need mojo hd bar advice

Need some advice on bars.... I put a monkybar ea70s but realized id like something a bit nicer..The monkey bar just doesnt seem to finish the bike off well--- Its like having a farrari with pep boy tires... Id like to go med to high rise and something that can take abuse, isnt tooooo heavy and looks good.. Any thoughts?
    My free racing tv guide-- www.racingtvguide.com

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Diety Dirty 30 bars would be my choice as that is what I run (and love) on my Mojo Classic.

mtbr member
    Those look nice for sure.. But was hoping to try some carbon bars..

mtbr member
    How about the fsa gravity os downhill carbon bars with 40mm rise ? Anyone one use these -- any luck?

I like the idea of a higher rise bar and taking a few spacers off of the front.. Lowers the headset to the front and yet still keeps me from bending over tooo much..

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Monkeylite DH? 711mm / 40mm rise and about 220-240g carbon

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I have a set of Haven Carbons on my HD140, love love love them, they come wide at 711, not sure about the rise. You can get Havocs as well if you are a heavy rider doing bigger hucks and need the beef; you'll add weight, but seriously the Haven Carbons are only 170grams.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The new Haven Carbons would be the way I would go. Light, wide, and supposedly tough. I have the Race Face SIXC's which are nice but I would have gone for the haven's if they were available at the time.

Grams Light Bikes
    Havens: 9 degree bend, 5 degree upsweep, 20mm rise, 722 wide, 170 grams
    Race Face SIXC: 9 degree bend, 4 degree upsweep 20mm rise, 725mm wide, 220 grams

I have been using the SIX for some time, and they are pretty abuse proof and uber stiff. I am going to be testing the Havoc shortly, which are a very wide 750mm

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Edge Rizer Bar:

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/EDGLMR6L

There'a picture in the Hd picture thread. I have the flat bar, couldn't ride it yet, but weight is accurate and finish excellent.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    +1 on the edge riser. I have one and weight is accurate and it seems plenty tough so far.

mtbr member
    +2 on the Edge. Got one for my wifes HD and it's really nice. Was looking for one for my bike but everyone was sold out or full price. Got the Easton Haven carbon. Came in at 173 grams on my scale, looks nice. One thing the Edge has over it is the textured surface for the stem clamping area. If CO cyclist actually has those in stock that's a great deal.

mtbr member
    The problem with the edge is -- its not high enough of a rise.. At least for me.. So I ended up going for the fsa Gravity Carbon DH Riser Bar... Carbon with reinforced areas.. Its 230G so not too heavy.. 40mm rise.. Its 8 degree of sweep--- which i wish was 9-- but i dont think ill feel 1 degree too much.. Time will tell.. If i hate it then ill try something else out..