mtbr member

my shock for hd came back from fox

the thing is that they actually sent me different shock. i had 2012 rp23 kashima coated, that was coming standard with hd frame. what they sent me seems to be their new line with ctd adjust, but no kashima coating, the can is noticeably smaller and it is compression tune L, climb tune F. is this suitable for HD? i dont care much about kashima and smaller can might work better as i was running shim anyway to reduce volume. just worried about tunes and how ctd adjust. i was runing the old shock in open mode all the time.
    what i really dont like about this that this happened with a single word of explanation from fox.
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

MTBR Contributing Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    the thing is that they actually sent me different shock. i had 2012 rp23 kashima coated, that was coming standard with hd frame. what they sent me seems to be their new line with ctd adjust, but no kashima coating, the can is noticeably smaller and it is compression tune L, climb tune F. is this suitable for HD? i dont care much about kashima and smaller can might work better as i was running shim anyway to reduce volume. just worried about tunes and how ctd adjust. i was runing the old shock in open mode all the time.
    what i really dont like about this that this happened with a single word of explanation from fox.
    I am not sure what tune should comes on the new shock (ask Ibis), but they sent you the bottom of the line rear shock. All the Factory come with Kashima coating (inside and outside), otherwise there isn't any difference.

Here is their lineup:

Factory CTD Boost Valve w/ trail Adjust
    Factory CTD Boost Valve Remote
    Factory CTD
    Factory CTD Remote
    Evolution CTD

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    no boost valve feature either, whatever it does