Mtb Guide

My Mojo HD gone native!

Todays ride on the HD, this thing rips trail apart, this is a pretty oldschool trail, long lots of roots the size of Anaconda's, root drops jumps ledges its got it all but el naturel.

I did find today I missed a bash, got a few chain skids on the step up roots which are huge.
    XX1 survived and handled it fine, but wouldn't want to do that too regularly.

Dropped into the Split pictures over looking home town of Roto, was a great ride in the native in the NZed Redwoods, no Maximus HDs spotted though, just me chasing Viper all day.

Getting the HD pretty dialled now, jumping cornering Im pretty confident and just love the way it handles in the air and through the rough stuff, I love how you can just pick her up at speed and boost over sections like a DH rig, coming from a Carbon V10c I find myself riding pretty similar style but on my trails not downhill, Ive broken most of my PBs on my home trails too, the HD just flies and mine is in baby mode

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm torn... I love the pics but hate the fact that it's cold and snowy here and my HD is cold and miserable in the garage...

Mtb Guide
    I feel ya pain curbhuck lest you probably get in some great skiing or boarding huh.

Here it can get cold in winter but rarely snow we ride all year round with no probs, most trails drain well due to the base and summer a few wet days helps to keep the dust down and just adds to the traction.

You could always take a winter escape, if I couldn't ride all year round I would do this more often myself.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    was that Hatupatu Mav?
    Loved that track and the other one up that track to Billy T's

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by nzl62 View Post
    was that Hatupatu Mav?
    Loved that track and the other one up that track to Billy T's
    Close enough, Tuhoto Ariki, you take a right further down that trail to Hatupatu which is where I went, I got some vid of that trail one of my favs as well.

Billy T was so fast yesterday running sweet on the HD

Run 1, Tuhoto Ariki into Hatu, out to GRock, into Chestnut, onto Rollercoaster, quick dip through moonshine.
    Back up on the shuttle, thank you Southstar Shuttles,

Run 2 Billy T, up to Split Enz where the other pics of the vistas are taken, into Pondy DH, Pondy New, Mad if you don't, Tahi and Creek to home.

Just a quick spin aye
    Dam hot day too.
    Last edited by Maverick005; 01-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I love the way theta from Billy T you can put together a good 20 odd mins down with only small transitions in between

I loved Tuhoto Ariki. All the off camber roots separated the men from the boys esp at pace

Mtb Guide
    I love the way theta from Billy T you can put together a good 20 odd mins down with only small transitions in between

I loved Tuhoto Ariki. All the off camber roots separated the men from the boys esp at pace
    20mins what you doing
    Just kidding, yeah great options and choices.

TA def sorts the men from the boys, its easier at pace I reckon, the HD is right in its element even more so on Hatupatu, commit and the HD just finds grip or lets you boost up or over stuff, just love it.

Trails are running so mint right now too

mtbr member
    Frozen North Japan here, sweet pics and making me homesick but will get in some boarding next weekend. Are there any Bossomworths still floating around RV? That guy was a pioneer.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    Frozen North Japan here, sweet pics and making me homesick but will get in some boarding next weekend. Are there any Bossomworths still floating around RV? That guy was a pioneer.
    Lest you can get some amazing boarding in huh.

Not seen any Bossomworths in a long time, more likely some around on the road or track, not seen any in the forest.

Jeff @ Kiwibikes makes Jefferson frames which are pretty stunning and hes busy as building custom frames for people, steel hardtails, SS geared 9ers etc street, commuters etc

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey Maverick,

thanks for looking after Keith. Sound like he had a blast and enjoyed the trails you guys showed him.
    Appreciated the gold ol' Kiwi hospitality.

Cheers
    Chris

Mtb Guide
    Hey Maverick,

thanks for looking after Keith. Sound like he had a blast and enjoyed the trails you guys showed him.
    Appreciated the gold ol' Kiwi hospitality.

Cheers
    Chris
    No worries mate stoked he enjoyed it, should be another stunner tomorrow will show him more great loops, he rode well too.
    Last edited by Maverick005; 01-07-2013 at 08:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    superb

Mtb Guide
    Another killer ride today with Keith from Scotland, Rode in from Longmile, into Grinder, Mad if you dont, up to the shuttle bus. Hit Billy T, the whipped up to Split Enz, into Pondy Dh, Pondy New, Lower Rollercoaster, up to Rude, uphill on Lions trail, up Katore rd, hit upper Corridor into North Face, back up Katore, Upper Corridor into Eastern Spice, dropped into Turkish Delight, then ripped up Exit.
    These trails Grade 4 5 pretty full on, 30 odd miles high intensity.

Off to Lake Okareka showed Keith the kiwi life style jumping off the boat jetty into the lake swimming with me dog, I coaxed Keith in, to say the lest he was not keen, def not a water bunny, but what a day to end a great ride.

Off to Zippys for world famous Jackberry and beef burger and talk reflect on the day, help plan his Southern Mission with some ideas.

Done.
    Totally rooted tonight

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Fantastic stuff.
    I'm jealous. Thanks so much for showing him around seeing as you don't know me from adam

Mtb Guide
    Fantastic stuff.
    I'm jealous. Thanks so much for showing him around seeing as you don't know me from adam
    Pleasure mate, really enjoyed riding with him and showing him our trails, one day I might make it back to the UK and ride in Scotland