Mojo0115
    Nov 2004

My Mojo has gotten fat and lazy this past year.

Ok, so it hasn't gotten lazy but it has definitely put on weight.

This is my Mojo just after I picked it up.

And this is how it looks now days.
    IMG_2020.JPG

I am surprised how my mojo (and myself) has grown over the past 12 months. The places it has been have been awesome (way to many to list - go read my blog if you are interested). The most recent addition is swapping out my Pace to try a Lyrik U-Turn coil fork. I wasn't sure how it would ride being over 1lb heavier and changing the geometry a bit. So far I haven't had enough time riding things I am familiar with to be able to compare but my fears have proven unfounded in 4 days of desert riding. Riding Gooseberry today with the fork at a full 160mm it still lifts and turns with the same quickness that my Pace did.

I and my Mojo are living the American dream - getting fatter and lazier by the minute.

IMG_2054.JPG
    My wife Amber on her Mojo today at Gooseberry.

IMG_2075.JPG
    It was pretty cold out.

IMG_2067.JPG
    Me on mine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    zzsean

Nice!!!! I bet it's funer to ride now that it's built to run stuff over!!! I have a similar build and now I just let it go on the rough stuff and the bike just sucks it up like its not there!!!

mtbr member
    why does your dog have socks on?
    does it not try to bite them of... do they come with ibis branding ?

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Eh it's Ok. It's probably just winter weight It is the Holidays y'know.

I used to be hung up on weight but now I'm totally over it and I feel more free. It's weird how once I stopped fixating on weight, I started having more fun.....and that's what it's all about isn't it? More weight = more fun. Maybe I'm a chubby chaser?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DH_WP
    why does your dog have socks on?
    does it not try to bite them of... do they come with ibis branding ?
    Dog shoes with Ibis branding? now that has some potential!

She has worn shoes like that for the last 5 years whenever we ride very rocky places such as Moab - otherwise she tears up the pads of her paws. The design of the dog shoes have gotten a lot better over the past couple of years.

Our favorites at the moment: http://www.ruffwear.com/grip_trex_do...=2&category=11

Every now and then I have a guilt trip about the weight of my mojo compared to some of the other great builds you see here but it never amounts to anything as everytime I ride a trail like Porcupine I can't help but have a huge smile on my face because of the frame and the build.

Grams Light Bikes
    Looks cold Sean, it was 50 and sunny when I was there on the 17th, I was in shorts and a short sleeved shirt. I have been out in California riding the past week. Rides have been 60, 68, 78, 62, 60. Getting spoiled!

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    Sean,
    You are living my dream! I love the picture of you climbing the short, steep section. I made it to Moab 3 years ago and fell in love with the riding there, but have not made it back yet. Keep up the postings and blog.

After 6 months of planning, I finally ordered my SL yesterday. I'll be joining the family in 2 months!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hi:
    Im looking for a new frame to replace my 06 yeti 575, something best suited for my marzocchi am sl 160mm, i d desestimated the mojo for the xc-oriented reviews from magazines and other users with light builds, im glad to see your bike spec and that it can handle the abuse. Now its betwen the new 575 and the mojo (the nomad looks too much for me). Do you think the new sl will have the same strengh as the old one?

PD: sorry for my english, i do my best.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet
    Looks cold Sean, it was 50 and sunny when I was there on the 17th, I was in shorts and a short sleeved shirt. I have been out in California riding the past week. Rides have been 60, 68, 78, 62, 60. Getting spoiled!
    Heh, so I am betting Little Creek didn't look like this when you were there.

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2092.JPG

It was great riding conditions though. Cool, but sunny and crisp! The weather is saying it will be back in the high 40's this weekend.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004

www.derbyrims.com
    Great pix! I was just out there riding and camping for 6 days in mid October at Gooseberry Mesa with pleasant temps in the mid 70's. The Mojo luv's the big rock and rollers.

mtbr member
    i still cant get over those dog shoes... they are so kewl...need to get a dog, just so that I can get it some shoes...

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004

We rode Slickrock Swamp today

Wow! what a fun trail. These photos do it no justice, but the riding was just excellent. If you haven't done it make sure you check it out next time you go ride Gooseberry. 50 degrees temperatures were also a nice bonus.

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

Geritol Power

How fat?

Sean,

Thanks for sharing your ride picts. I didn't notice you posting exactly how heavy is that Mojo?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzitall
    Sean,

Thanks for sharing your ride picts. I didn't notice you posting exactly how heavy is that Mojo?
    Good point, I will try and get an accurate weight and post it.

Geritol Power

Thanks Sean

I'm interested in Mojo's like yours because it's closer to how I would (will) build mine. I weigh 200lbs dressed with hydro-pack and ready to ride. My bikes also need to withstand more abuse than a XC bike, just like yours does.

Just an approximate weight from a bathroom scale is plenty close enough for me.

www.derbyrims.com
    I'm interested in Mojo's like yours because it's closer to how I would (will) build mine. I weigh 200lbs dressed with hydro-pack and ready to ride. My bikes also need to withstand more abuse than a XC bike, just like yours does.

Mine is set up similar to zzsean's with coil Vanilla 32/140mm fork RC shock, 28mm wide DT rims, nothing extra lightweight, and it's 30.5 - 31.5 lbs depending on tires.

zzsean has a Lyric coil u-turn (up to 160mm travel) which adds about 1 lb. more.
    Last edited by derby; 01-04-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004

I just weighed the bikes using our bathroom scale. (the same scale listed my holiday weight as 188lbs).

My Mojo currently weighs 30lbs on bathroom scale measurements and that is with the pushed vanilla RC rear shock, Lyrik u-turn 160mm coil fork, bash guard and 2.35" Nevegals on a Mavic XL wheelset.

My wife's Mojo is 26lbs on a fairly standard XT build with a Talas 32 and chris king hubs.

I will try and drop into a shop and get an accurate measurement as 30lbs actually seems a little light given how much guff I have on my bike.

Geritol Power
    Thanks Sean and Derby. That does sound a little light Sean compared to Derby's. Maybe your scale doesn't want to hurt your feelings with your true holiday weight. LOL.