mtbr member
    Sep 2006

My Ibis Mojo Story

Here is my story …..

After searching, exploring and demoed to compare frame weight against rear travel length ratio of an XC and AM bikes frame weight less than 6 pounds. I found out Ibis Mojo has the most length ratio to weight comparing with other bike I have measured against. (Figure Bellow)

This ratio is just a simple excel graphic that I created personally to know the comparison of bike weight against length of travel and where does The Mojo stands out.

Giving the fact that having an Asian body with height of 6 feet 7 inches, makes me inside the small zone geometry of almost all bike in the market. Having said that I notice that the Mojo had no obvious differences in the frame design between all sizes of the Mojo, in contrast to other frames in the market that almost every small ones tend to have very low slopes on their top tubes, for example SC Blur XC, and Cannondale scalpel, in my personal opinion dislike it. But on the other hand the small Mojo does not have that characteristic.

Basically from that measurements, design and the strength of reviews only, I simply fell in love with The Mojo, and now having no bikes at all sacrificing the week end rides as I sold my precious and loved my F3000 Cannondale on the way to basically own the Mojo. However, at this point I am proud to say that since last week I am in the manufacturer 2 month waiting list of a small frame eddy orange Mojo, obtaining it through friends in Pennsylvania, since there are neither dealers nor distributor in my Beloved Country Indonesia.

At the moment waiting in vain for the Mojo frame to come, I took the time in buying the components for my ultimate build at my local bike shops and here it is:

REAR DER Shimano M970 SGS (XTR)
    FRONT DER Shimano M970 (XTR)
    SHIFTERS Shimano ST M975 DC (XTR)
    CRANKSET Shimano M970 22/32/44 (XTR)
    CASSETTE Shimano M960 11/34 (XTR)
    CHAIN Shimano CN-7701 (XTR / Dura-Ace)
    BRAKES Shimano BR-M975 w/ 160mm magura sl rotor
    FORK Fox Float 140 RLC
    BARS Easton Monkey Lite SL
    STEM Thomson, 25.4mm
    GRIPS ODI Grips
    HEADSET FSA
    SEAT POST Thomson
    SADDLE wtb shadow
    WHEELS Mavic Cross MAX SL
    TIRES Maxxis flyweight
    TUBES stan liquid
    PEDAL Crank Brothers SL
    QR Mavic Cross MAX SL

To be continued.............
    Last edited by Djaka; 07-29-2007 at 04:42 AM. Reason: double picture

You know my steez...

Kobe Bryant or Spud Webb?

Quote Originally Posted by Djaka
    Here is my story …..

Giving the fact that having an Asian body with height of 6 feet 7 inches, makes me inside the small zone geometry of almost all bike in the market. ...........
    You must mean FIVE foot 7 inches, otherwise you better get a XXL size frame!
    Great choice on the Eddy Orange by the way. I've been waiting almost two months for mine in the same color. I spoke to Aaron AND Tom today (yes, all the stories of the owners taking calls and answering questions is true! ) and they said my bike should ship out in a couple of days. The anticipation is really killing me!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnV
    You must mean FIVE foot 7 inches, otherwise you better get a XXL size frame!

OOPS miss type yes I'am 5 foot 6 in.. or 167 cm

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    pics and when it arrives PLS!!! and post it onto post your Mojo carbon pics tread. And cool build dude

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Djaka,

Selamat datang di keluarga Ibis Mojo. You gonna love your Mojo, I got rid of my Ironhorse MKIII for my Mojo and I never looked back.

Where in Indonesia are you?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    pics and when it arrives PLS!!! and post it onto post your Mojo carbon pics tread. And cool build dude

I'll do that.. thanks.. when it arrives....mean while.. waiting.....waiting....waiting.......it is going to be long restless days til it arrives...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofmusic
    Djaka,

Selamat datang di keluarga Ibis Mojo. You gonna love your Mojo, I got rid of my Ironhorse MKIII for my Mojo and I never looked back.

Where in Indonesia are you?
    Terima Kasih BRO... I live in south of Jakarta... I also hope to never looked back at my canndy F300 and SC Blur XC...

You know my steez...

waiting.....waiting....waiting

....mean while.. waiting.....waiting....waiting.......it is going to be long restless days til it arrives...
    When did you order yours? I ordered mine on May 18th and it is still not in!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

order

When did you order yours? I ordered mine on May 18th and it is still not in!
    The order was made directly to the manufacturer on the 5th of July exactly a week ago... 2 month + behind you...

You know my steez...
    The order was made directly to the manufacturer on the 5th of July exactly a week ago... 2 month + behind you...
    Well, I hope it doesn't take take two months for you to get it. Congratulations again though!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Well, I hope it doesn't take take two months for you to get it. Congratulations again though!
    Ameeen....Pray for that day to come early....

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Components

RD, FD, CRANK, SHIFTERS, BREAKS, AND FORK.... ALSO could not wait to be installed

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    wow, nice component grouppo

www.derbyrims.com
    Nice.

But you'll need a different front derailleur. The Mojo only fits a bottom swing with top pull.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by derby
    Nice.

But you'll need a different front derailleur. The Mojo only fits a bottom swing with top pull.
    Yep, you need a different front derailleur.

It's the axle
    You're totally going to love those dual control shifters. They're the best thing to be invented in years. I find I can shift with my knuckles without even lifting a finger. Sort of like a twist grip shifter. And I have had to shift and brake at the same time. As a minimalist, the lack of another set of objects on the bars is quite nice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Well I dont own a dual control shifters, but I totally like the concept, have ridden some riders DC levers and love it and doesnt find it hard to use. My only comments is its weight is sometime heavier then a normal brakelever + shifter together

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Nice.

Oh ..Realy.. Thanks for spotting that mistake I should make the change ASAP. Actually it is another excuse for going to the LBS thanks again…..DERBY & Irrenarzt

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Xtr FD-M971

Nice.

Finaly I got the right one... after looking to several LBS ....
    Last edited by Djaka; 07-13-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: no pictures

mtbr member
    May 2007
    hi,
    I'm waiting for my guinnes foam since 05-05-07 a long long time.
    this are the components
    REAR DER Sram Xo short cage
    FRONT DER Shimano M970 (XTR)
    SHIFTERS Sram X0
    CRANKSET Shimano M970 22/32/44 (XTR)
    CASSETTE Shimano M960 11/34 (XTR)
    CHAIN Sram
    BRAKES Avid Ultimate FORK Fox Float 140 RLC
    STEM Richie
    SEAT POST Gravity dropper and/or easton Z90
    SADDLE selle Italia flite
    WHEELS Bontrager X little race
    TIRES Kenda Nevegal
    no tubes
    PEDAL Crank Brothers candy 4 ti

SOMEBODY USE GRAVITY DROPPER IN A MOJO?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ausoler
    hi,
    SOMEBODY USE GRAVITY DROPPER IN A MOJO?
    I use (and love) a Maverick Speedball Seatpost for much of my riding. (I still have an Easton EC70 seatpost that I put in for places like Crested Butte.)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Speedball remote

Quote Originally Posted by zzsean
    I use (and love) a Maverick Speedball Seatpost for much of my riding. (I still have an Easton EC70 seatpost that I put in for places like Crested Butte.)
    I'm using the Speedball R also - awesome. Not sure how much the extra weight is hurting me in races, but for pure fun (including in races) it's totally worth it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

New Cockpit

Yesterday, I got my new cockpit for my future Ibis Mojo a 31.6 Thomson silver seat post, 100mm Thomson silver Stem and a Easton Monkey Lite sl Handlebar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    congrats.....looks beautifull, can someone tell me the difference between a 2.....mm handlebar diameter size and a 3......mm diameter?

You know my steez...

Going light

Yesterday, I got my new cockpit for my future Ibis Mojo a 31.6 Thomson silver seat post, 100mm Thomson silver Stem and a Easton Monkey Lite sl Handlebar.
    Djaka,
    Your bike is going to be pretty light weight depending on the wheels you get. What do you plan on running for a wheel set?

I love the silver finish on your stem and seat post, nice choice.
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Wheels

Djaka,
    Your bike is going to be pretty light weight depending on the wheels you get. What do you plan on running for a wheel set?

I love the silver finish on your stem and seat post, nice choice.
    BunnV,

This is my old Mavic CrossMax SL from My late Beloved F3000, I know they are a little bit to delicate for an all mountain bike, but since my riding style is not that all mountain, more to XC endurance trails so I decided to use it, besides it will look pretty cool to match with all the Mojo's silver finish on the seat binder, quick release, Lower nand upper Link and the stainless chainsuck, that is also the reason why I am having the silver finish on the Thomson seat tube and stem.
    Last edited by Djaka; 07-21-2007 at 02:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Last edited by Djaka; 07-21-2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: double

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Orange Derailleur Wire

Today I went to My LBS just browsing around and….. Look what I have found:
    Jagwire Ripcord derailleur kit. Color Maxxis Orange Kevlar reinforced. Perfect for My Orange Mojo….Cooool.
    Last edited by Djaka; 07-21-2007 at 01:59 AM. Reason: photos

You know my steez...

Stylin'!

BunnV,

This is my old Mavic CrossMax SL from My late Beloved F3000, I know they are a little bit to delicate for an all mountain bike, but since my riding style is not that all mountain, more to XC endurance trails so I decided to use it, besides it will look pretty cool to match with all the Mojo's silver finish on the seat binder, quick release, Lower nand upper Link and the stainless chainsuck, that is also the reason why I am having the silver finish on the Thomson seat tube and stem.
    Those are nice Djaka. I think your bike is going to look and work great! Thanks for the pics!

it's the ride....
    May 2004

Mine #1 in Java..?

Djaka, you're so lucky to have those bling component ready for your Mojo. But I believe my Mojo is the #1 land in Java. I got a ring that it's here. Thanks to Tom who have managed it flown half the globe here.
    Only this damn office work would not allow me to pick it up (I have to drive 1.5 hours to the store). I can only pick it up this weekend.
    PM me if you want to see how gorgeous the Guiness Foam look like. What's your color...?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

A small Detour

I decided to make my story a little detour.

Still waiting in vain for the dream to arrive and couldn’t wait another month to pass without riding my favorite weekend tracks .... Unexpectedly last week I spotted a secondhand Giant Trance S frame that was hanging my LBS, It was in mint condition and it was pretty cheap ($300) and I had this crazy idea to buy it and install the entire component saved for my Mojo except the seat post, FD, and saddle which was incompatible to the frame, hope this rig will keep me amused during the wait.

Now, with some little distraction, hope the lingering will feel much faster…
    Last edited by Djaka; 08-06-2007 at 08:22 PM.

You know my steez...

try an experiment

Since you are going to reuse most of your gruppo on the Mojo, you can give us an honest comparo between the Ibis frame and the Giant.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

comparing

Since you are going to reuse most of your gruppo on the Mojo, you can give us an honest comparo between the Ibis frame and the Giant.
    I'll do That BunnV...for now I will take note on the anthem

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

It Finally Arrive

At last, last Saturday my mobile rings and it was the call that I longing for. “The Ibis Mojo arrived” I pick it up, open it from the box and “Beautiful” the only repeated words that came out from my dried lips from the excitement.

Beautiful

Build It Sunday

Finish Building it on Tuesday

And Ride it.

LOVE IT…….(really worth the wait)
    Last edited by Djaka; 11-06-2007 at 06:26 PM. Reason: title

You know my steez...

Finally!

I'm glad you're happy with it. It looks great! Are the tires orange???

Congratulations!!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Thanks

I'm glad you're happy with it. It looks great! Are the tires orange???

Congratulations!!!!!
    Thanks BunnV…. The tires are yellowish (Panaracer Trail Blaster) . I will ride it on my favorite trek this weekend, I will report all the details and also the honest comparo between the Ibis frame and the Giant as requested.

Thanks again

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Congrats Djaka with your new Mojo ...
    PM me if you want to ride to the west.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by softailteamrider
    Congrats Djaka with your new Mojo ...
    PM me if you want to ride to the west.
    Thanks for the Invitation. Looking forward to ride with you.

RIP 12/95 - 02/09
    At last, last Saturday my mobile rings and it was the call that I longing for. “The Ibis Mojo arrived” I pick it up, open it from the box and “Beautiful” the only repeated words that came out from my dried lips from the excitement.

Beautiful

Build It Sunday

Finish Building it on Tuesday

And Ride it.

LOVE IT…….(really worth the wait)

Congratulations, it's a very beautiful bike. I hope you have a lot of fun with it!!! I'm so jealous.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nice build Djaka! Should be pretty sweet! Dual controls rock! Have them on my Bow-ti & my Ti-mojo. I don't have them on my Mojo carbon cause the bike was already built when I bought it! You'll love the bike!
    When you have it finished, take it to the top of Mt Bromo! I would love to ride the rim trail on the volcano! That would be my ultimate ride! Two ft wide, 700ft down one side at 45 degrees, 1000ft to the right into the crater!
    But would they let you ride it on Bromo!
    I love Indonesia by the way! If you go to Mt Bromo, look for my heart! I left it there! LOL!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    congrats, ur wait has finally over. Good for you
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

The End

After a couple of month having the chance of playing around with my Giant Anthem that only has 3.5" of rear travel and utilized Giant's owned & designed Maestro design the anthem can sure climbs better than it descent. However, during the long rocky downhill section the anthem rear ends just bouncing like it were a hard tail. It's indeed a true XC bike. I would definitely choose it for tracks with plenty of uphill and not-so-technical downhill.

On the other hand the Ibis Mojo with 5.5 of travel will never compare to the anthem, the Ibis mojo with its DW-link glues the rear to the ground during long decent and technical downhill, Surprising to me (even most reviews is saying it) that during extended climbs even without the propedal (fail to remember to put it active) it really climbs very well and even better in technical climbs, it does not slow you down even with that extra travel. After only five minutes of easy adjustment on the cockpit and shock I found immediately the perfect spot for my type of riding. It is a really an ultimate all mountain
    Rig with the weight of a cross country hard tail it is the greatest bike I have ever had or ridden. So now I will stop talking and get on it and ride ……. See you guys on the trails…

THE END.
    Last edited by Djaka; 11-11-2007 at 09:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Sweet writeup, I always figured that plush bikes would have the advantage of traction on technical uphill compared to XC Race bikes. I tried a rider's Ells ID before, and its climbing traction is remarkable different then A-Maestro. Anthem Maestro seems to be more firm which probably means more pedal efficient but in certain condition, traction is more important then efficiency. But what to say, the Anthem is designed as a XC Race bike, so XC Race trails usually are smooth and fast and less technical.
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy