Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

My Ibis Mojo Story

Here is my story …..

After searching, exploring and demoed to compare frame weight against rear travel length ratio of an XC and AM bikes frame weight less than 6 pounds. I found out Ibis Mojo has the most length ratio to weight comparing with other bike I have measured against. (Figure Bellow)

This ratio is just a simple excel graphic that I created personally to know the comparison of bike weight against length of travel and where does The Mojo stands out.

Giving the fact that having an Asian body with height of 6 feet 7 inches, makes me inside the small zone geometry of almost all bike in the market. Having said that I notice that the Mojo had no obvious differences in the frame design between all sizes of the Mojo, in contrast to other frames in the market that almost every small ones tend to have very low slopes on their top tubes, for example SC Blur XC, and Cannondale scalpel, in my personal opinion dislike it. But on the other hand the small Mojo does not have that characteristic.

Basically from that measurements, design and the strength of reviews only, I simply fell in love with The Mojo, and now having no bikes at all sacrificing the week end rides as I sold my precious and loved my F3000 Cannondale on the way to basically own the Mojo. However, at this point I am proud to say that since last week I am in the manufacturer 2 month waiting list of a small frame eddy orange Mojo, obtaining it through friends in Pennsylvania, since there are neither dealers nor distributor in my Beloved Country Indonesia.

At the moment waiting in vain for the Mojo frame to come, I took the time in buying the components for my ultimate build at my local bike shops and here it is:

REAR DER Shimano M970 SGS (XTR)
    FRONT DER Shimano M970 (XTR)
    SHIFTERS Shimano ST M975 DC (XTR)
    CRANKSET Shimano M970 22/32/44 (XTR)
    CASSETTE Shimano M960 11/34 (XTR)
    CHAIN Shimano CN-7701 (XTR / Dura-Ace)
    BRAKES Shimano BR-M975 w/ 160mm magura sl rotor
    FORK Fox Float 140 RLC
    BARS Easton Monkey Lite SL
    STEM Thomson, 25.4mm
    GRIPS ODI Grips
    HEADSET FSA
    SEAT POST Thomson
    SADDLE wtb shadow
    WHEELS Mavic Cross MAX SL
    TIRES Maxxis flyweight
    TUBES stan liquid
    PEDAL Crank Brothers SL
    QR Mavic Cross MAX SL

To be continued.............
    Last edited by Djaka; 07-29-2007 at 04:42 AM. Reason: double picture

You know my steez...

Kobe Bryant or Spud Webb?

Quote Originally Posted by Djaka
    Here is my story ..

Giving the fact that having an Asian body with height of 6 feet 7 inches, makes me inside the small zone geometry of almost all bike in the market. ...........
    You must mean FIVE foot 7 inches, otherwise you better get a XXL size frame!
    Great choice on the Eddy Orange by the way. I've been waiting almost two months for mine in the same color. I spoke to Aaron AND Tom today (yes, all the stories of the owners taking calls and answering questions is true! ) and they said my bike should ship out in a couple of days. The anticipation is really killing me!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnV
    You must mean FIVE foot 7 inches, otherwise you better get a XXL size frame!

OOPS miss type yes I'am 5 foot 6 in.. or 167 cm

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    pics and when it arrives PLS!!! and post it onto post your Mojo carbon pics tread. And cool build dude

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Djaka,

Selamat datang di keluarga Ibis Mojo. You gonna love your Mojo, I got rid of my Ironhorse MKIII for my Mojo and I never looked back.

Where in Indonesia are you?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    pics and when it arrives PLS!!! and post it onto post your Mojo carbon pics tread. And cool build dude

I'll do that.. thanks.. when it arrives....mean while.. waiting.....waiting....waiting.......it is going to be long restless days til it arrives...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofmusic
    Djaka,

Selamat datang di keluarga Ibis Mojo. You gonna love your Mojo, I got rid of my Ironhorse MKIII for my Mojo and I never looked back.

Where in Indonesia are you?
    Terima Kasih BRO... I live in south of Jakarta... I also hope to never looked back at my canndy F300 and SC Blur XC...

You know my steez...

waiting.....waiting....waiting

....mean while.. waiting.....waiting....waiting.......it is going to be long restless days til it arrives...
    When did you order yours? I ordered mine on May 18th and it is still not in!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

order

When did you order yours? I ordered mine on May 18th and it is still not in!
    The order was made directly to the manufacturer on the 5th of July exactly a week ago... 2 month + behind you...

You know my steez...
    The order was made directly to the manufacturer on the 5th of July exactly a week ago... 2 month + behind you...
    Well, I hope it doesn't take take two months for you to get it. Congratulations again though!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Well, I hope it doesn't take take two months for you to get it. Congratulations again though!
    Ameeen....Pray for that day to come early....

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Components

RD, FD, CRANK, SHIFTERS, BREAKS, AND FORK.... ALSO could not wait to be installed

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    wow, nice component grouppo

www.derbyrims.com
    Nice.

But you'll need a different front derailleur. The Mojo only fits a bottom swing with top pull.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by derby
    Nice.

But you'll need a different front derailleur. The Mojo only fits a bottom swing with top pull.
    Yep, you need a different front derailleur.

It's the axle
    You're totally going to love those dual control shifters. They're the best thing to be invented in years. I find I can shift with my knuckles without even lifting a finger. Sort of like a twist grip shifter. And I have had to shift and brake at the same time. As a minimalist, the lack of another set of objects on the bars is quite nice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Well I dont own a dual control shifters, but I totally like the concept, have ridden some riders DC levers and love it and doesnt find it hard to use. My only comments is its weight is sometime heavier then a normal brakelever + shifter together

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Nice.

Oh ..Realy.. Thanks for spotting that mistake I should make the change ASAP. Actually it is another excuse for going to the LBS thanks again…..DERBY & Irrenarzt

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Xtr FD-M971

Nice.

Finaly I got the right one... after looking to several LBS ....
    Last edited by Djaka; 07-13-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: no pictures

mtbr member
    May 2007
    hi,
    I'm waiting for my guinnes foam since 05-05-07 a long long time.
    this are the components
    REAR DER Sram Xo short cage
    FRONT DER Shimano M970 (XTR)
    SHIFTERS Sram X0
    CRANKSET Shimano M970 22/32/44 (XTR)
    CASSETTE Shimano M960 11/34 (XTR)
    CHAIN Sram
    BRAKES Avid Ultimate FORK Fox Float 140 RLC
    STEM Richie
    SEAT POST Gravity dropper and/or easton Z90
    SADDLE selle Italia flite
    WHEELS Bontrager X little race
    TIRES Kenda Nevegal
    no tubes
    PEDAL Crank Brothers candy 4 ti

SOMEBODY USE GRAVITY DROPPER IN A MOJO?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ausoler
    hi,
    SOMEBODY USE GRAVITY DROPPER IN A MOJO?
    I use (and love) a Maverick Speedball Seatpost for much of my riding. (I still have an Easton EC70 seatpost that I put in for places like Crested Butte.)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Speedball remote

Quote Originally Posted by zzsean
    I use (and love) a Maverick Speedball Seatpost for much of my riding. (I still have an Easton EC70 seatpost that I put in for places like Crested Butte.)
    I'm using the Speedball R also - awesome. Not sure how much the extra weight is hurting me in races, but for pure fun (including in races) it's totally worth it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

New Cockpit

Yesterday, I got my new cockpit for my future Ibis Mojo a 31.6 Thomson silver seat post, 100mm Thomson silver Stem and a Easton Monkey Lite sl Handlebar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    congrats.....looks beautifull, can someone tell me the difference between a 2.....mm handlebar diameter size and a 3......mm diameter?

You know my steez...

Going light

Yesterday, I got my new cockpit for my future Ibis Mojo a 31.6 Thomson silver seat post, 100mm Thomson silver Stem and a Easton Monkey Lite sl Handlebar.
    Djaka,
    Your bike is going to be pretty light weight depending on the wheels you get. What do you plan on running for a wheel set?

I love the silver finish on your stem and seat post, nice choice.
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast