mtbr member
    Aug 2004

My HDR just keeps getting better

another epic local ride yesterday. I currently split time between my HDR and my Ripley. I dig both bikes...no matter which of the two I'm riding I always end my rides thinking that the bike I'm on is my favorite. That's a good feeling.

A few weeks ago I swapped out the 150 pike for a 160 float 36 (2015 model) and I'm glad that Fox has made the strides that they've made with this fork. it does rock. I'm also experimenting with some Nox rims that Dave Thomas as Speeddream recommended / built for me...I've been running Enve AM's. The Nox rims are thoughtfully designed and the wheelset Dave built for me rides really well. The traction from their wide profile / low PSI ability is ridiculous.My HDR just keeps getting better-img_3635.jpgMy HDR just keeps getting better-img_3637.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    that's weird...the pics loaded upside down...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    iPhone? Without casting any aspersions, I see more mis-oriented pictures from iPhones than any of the other phone cameras.

Regarding your wheels/tires, I switched my SL-R to (26") Derby carbon wide rims recently with Hans Dampf 2.35 front and Nobby Nic 2.25 rear. They have so much traction and great progressive behavior when leaning the bike over.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member

My HDR just keeps getting better

Love my HDR as well. I love all my bikes though, probably why I'm not a very good reviewer, I have fun no matter what I ride. That bring said the HDR is something special. It's my first carbon "uber bike" and it hasn't disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NEMBA Freetown VP