mtbr member
    Jan 2006

My HD is not nervous on the steep stuff.

So the bike is now dialed. Huge thank you to everyone that helped me out on this new bike.

The 70mm stem made the bike pick lines easier and made the arms looser by shortening reach, making it easier to adjust mid-descent.

The suspension is working really well now. Sagged it out. Running the rebound at 3 clicks from full slow. The front is running 5 clicks from full fast. No compression on the rear, trail soft setting on the front. I am not touching these settings, great base set up for me.

The dropper is a game changer. The post lets me get back and down. I didn't realize the down part was so important on this bike. I can finally feel comfortable in the steep ,rough stuff again.

I took it out today to try the new set up. I was riding with a buddy who was picking trails I had been on before. Long story short: at the end of the ride I was surprised by a two foot drop to rocks and roots. The HD handled it really well.

Good bye nervousness, hello sweetness!

mtbr member
    Glad everything worked out. Sounds like you are dialed in now and having fun. Enjoy!

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Glad its working out.

Dropshot Champ!
    sweet!