Thread: My HD

mtbr member

My HD

Here's my new ride. Haven't been on on the trails yet due to the snow - Very interested in how it rides versus my Chilcotin. It's only a lb lighter - Chilcotin is 1X10 with a Marz 55 Rc3 Ti Coil. HD frame was surprisingly heavy (versus claimed weight). Specs as folows:

Frame - Large
    Headet - Angleset - currently at minus 1 degree
    Bars - Joystick - 725mm carbon
    Stem - Thomson 50mm
    Brakes - Formula K18 - 180mm Front and 160mm Rear
    Seat Post - Thomson
    Saddle - WTB Rocket V
    Drivetrain - XX1 (32 tooth front ring)
    Fork - Bos Deville 160mm tapered
    Shock - Roco Air - custom tuned
    Wheels - I9's laced to WTB i23
    Tires - Butcher front Purgatory rear
    Weight - 29.5 lbs

Will add a BB taco bash or MRP all mtn guide soon. I ride rocky chunky, steep but short ups and downs in the North East - no need for a bigger front ring as we seldom ride on fire roads and on the downs we are coasting due to all the chunk - we don't have fast, flowy, smooth, "peddally" trails unless you go to some lift assisted stuff.

Weapon of Choice
    Nice rig Wilks, I too am curious on your thoughts/ comparisons of this ride compared to your Chilcotin. Both bikes were on my radar for a while but I went for the HD and am quite pleased with it. I too run it with a Marz 55 rc3 coil ti but swap it out with 66 rc3 ti from time to time. I recently got rid of the Rp23 and now have the Xfusion Vect air. Much improved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My HD-mojo-hd.jpg  

Super Unknown

mtbr member

My HD

Wow, really nice Wilks! I have been spending a fair bit of time on the Mojo HD and I really like it. I think you will enjoy it on your trails. I am curious to see how long you will hang onto both the Mojo and the Knolly. The two bike have a lot of overlap and it's pretty hard to build them for substantially different purposes.

Can't wait for the snow to finish melting!

mtbr member
    Thanks Luca and Iceman. I will end up selling one of the frames but the 1x11 and 55 will go on whatever frame ends up a keeper.

DBY
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Wow! That's beautiful! I'm sure it'll ride great, but I just wanted to add that the BOS fork looks "factory fresh" with that frame and build. Butcher is my favorite front tire ever btw. Nice!

mtbr member
    I've tried Hans Dampf's and 2.4 Trail Kings up front. Figured I'd give the Butcher a whirl. We will see.

Weapon of Choice
    Wilks , how did you like the trail kings compared to the Hans dampf?
    I like the trail king 2.4 up front for everything except hard cornering. I never tried the HD as a front tire. It looks almost as big as TK, similar tread design?

Super Unknown