Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012

My first date with a Mojo HD!

A little background first. When I started MTB I was introduced to the 29er HT and was happy with it, until I got beat up on a wash ride that left me sore for days. Since my only experience was on a 29er I bought a 5" full suspension 29er and life and riding got much better but I just felt there was something missing...comfort, familiarity, confidence I wasn't sure and just chocked it up to being new to the sport. I ride in Sedona AZ mostly and really never understood why so many 29er fans were in love with the rolling, grip and momentum of the big wheels. On but only a very few trails here does the momentum play an advantage in this ever changing terrain. My thought was "maybe 29er's don't have any advantages in this terrain and a 26" bike would be better suited". This brings us to today, when I rented a Mojo HD. I started early and on some technical single track where I have ridden a few times in the past and where there were several sections where I have had trouble cleaning. After a few minutes I found comfort with the HD and began to push it a little harder. After a few easier tech sections confidence was starting to build! Ahhhh the first test a nice technical climb with 2 tight switchbacks and ledges...WHOA!!!!! cleaned it like I had done it several times before! I had never cleaned this section of trail but on the first try, on a unfamiliar bike and only about 30 min of time on the HD I had cleaned it with ease. Next test, a wicked downhill with steep off camber rollers, 2'-3' ledges and some steep tight switch backs. BOMBS AWAY!!!! I just let-r-go and flew down it with the smoothness and nimbleness like never before!!!! Now the final test, a very familliar 17.5 mile trail loop I ride for exercise with fast downhill, steep techy rollers and long grueling loose climbs!! I usually finish this loop in 2 hrs 10 min but on the HD it only took 1 hr 55 min and cleaned the one climb I previously never even attempted!!! Take in mind I usualy ride for 2-3 hours sometimes 4 but I made the climb after 5.5 hours of hard riding!!! To sum it up I got my rental monies worth!!!!

When the date was over it was a bitter sweet end and a promise of a day when we would be together forever!!! The Mojo HD is simply AMAZING!!!! This steed does it all very well and will soon have a spot in my stable that will certainly be empty due to us out there as much as possible ripping up the Sedona singletrack!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yes, I do really like my HD.