mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Murdered Ibis Mojo HD3

So I started with a white hd that I built as my dream bike but I guess dreams can change. When I saw AC racing a new bike last summer i was instantly in love. Ibis took their time to reveal and I have to say I was pretty disappointed in the color combos. I really loved my hd in white and was pretty sad to see it go in December but I sold it and the matching white Bos fork for what the new frame was going to cost me. Now it was time to wait. Fortunately/unfortunately this was a pretty bad winter for biking here in southern ct. I was also able to demo several really great bikes by my buddy Marc Castellana at prestigemtb. It's good to get off your trusty steed and see what else is out there. Marc deals in a bunch of exotics and has amazing prices and customer support. I really liked the knolly warden and when he brought in a devinci Spartan I was pumped as it is really similar in geometry to the hd3. So back to the story. I ordered the hd3 in January after hemming and hawing about the blue that I just couldn't get a good read. I went and saw the green at tenafly bikes in nj and was not impressed. Probably because I had a sinus cold at the time that was producing something almost the same color out of my nose. I went with the black. This caused a dilemma because it had blue and gray as its secondary colors and we all know if you match you will be muh faster. The other thing I diint like was there was no carbon fiber look on the bike. So after much research and PITA I decided I was going to have to sticker over the parts I didn't like.

My frame was supposed to arrive in early February the it was late feb then it was the shipping strike and so on and so forth so we finally got it April 28th after a scare that I was going to be September. Had that been the case I would have bought the Spartan and to hell with ibis despite all my tshirts and pint glasses. Marc and I built the frame in a few hours with most of the parts from my old hd. Our plan was to ride after we finished and then we ran into a problem. My new Bos fork kept hitting the downtube with my Chris king lower. Marc put a cane creek on and ground a bit of the knob that was hitting off and viola we had a working bike. I ride it for a little while stock to see if I could live with the blue and grey considering my parts were all red and gold. Eventually I used some cf looking 3m paper with the help of contact paper to trace the patterns and blacked/murded the blue. I rode that for a while and decided the grey had to go so I bought some matte automotive tail light tint that did the job really well. Btw I should mention the bike rides amazingly well. It is a bit snappier than the Spartan but I think the Spartan is a bit more stable going down. Also I have a medium hd3 and the Spartan was a large. Overall the 1lb lighter frame gives the advantage to the hd3. Here are some pictures of the evolution.

Murdered Ibis Mojo HD3-image.jpgMurdered Ibis Mojo HD3-image.jpgMurdered Ibis Mojo HD3-image.jpgMurdered Ibis Mojo HD3-image.jpgMurdered Ibis Mojo HD3-image.jpgMurdered Ibis Mojo HD3-image.jpgMurdered Ibis Mojo HD3-image.jpgMurdered Ibis Mojo HD3-image.jpgMurdered Ibis Mojo HD3-image.jpg
    650b-elieve

Here's mine
    [url]http://forums.mtbr.com/ibis/murdered-ibis-mojo-hd3-980806.html[/

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Ps no idea why these came in upside down
    650b-elieve

Here's mine

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by deofour View Post
    Ps no idea why these came in upside down
    iPhone pictures?
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    iPhone pictures?

Yup does that happen a lot?
    650b-elieve

Here's mine

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The Apple products produce pictures that rely on the metadata in the picture for proper orientation. Others go ahead and convert the picture to be oriented properly directly in the JPG. All is well and good if the recipient software applies the metadata when they display it, but if it gets stripped before applying it and the JPG itself is not converted to be properly oriented w/o the metadata, or the software just ignores the orientation, the result is upside down and sideways photos.

There's a long history of browsers doing it both ways--IE generally goes with the picture as oriented in the JPG and ignores the metadata but it all depends on how it's being viewed too, AFAIK. Chrome and Firefox probably do it differently too, along with Safari. Throw in 23 different picture storage sites and their attendant software for handling photos and it becomes clear as to perhaps why IE decided to just go with the "as oriented natively in the JPG" line. It's all a big mess and a wonder anything works at all.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Your build and pics look sweet! I've got about 5 rides on mine and liking it more each time out.

mtbr member
    murdered? I see colors...

mtbr member
    That must be a real pain in the ass to cut stickers out to be perfect like that??

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I like it.

It looks like you used a lighter tint than I did. I can see through your a bit more than mine...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Looks good. Would consider going with blacks cables though. 👍

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjm_2000 View Post
    Looks good. Would consider going with blacks cables though. 
    Thanks man. My whole thing was to pay homage to my white hd so I played some white into it. I feel like the obvious is to do black so I wanted to make it different. Not sure if I'm crazy about it but all the white is easy to replace with stuff I have on hand. Evolution
    650b-elieve

Here's mine

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'm at about ten rides and I feel like everything is broken in and I can really feel the magic.
    650b-elieve

Here's mine

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Frame is murdered not the build....everybody else did that already
    650b-elieve

Here's mine

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Digging it. Must be a blast. Would look great next to my HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Murdered Ibis Mojo HD3-ibis-mojo-hd.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eshew View Post
    Digging it. Must be a blast. Would look great next to my HD

Beautiful bike. Whatever the edition they are works of art.
    650b-elieve

Here's mine

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    That's a beautiful bike ! You now need a vivid air in fast black and an xo1 cassette to complete the build

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cmarshack View Post
    I like it.

It looks like you used a lighter tint than I did. I can see through your a bit more than mine...

Sweet rig. The frame seems a bit shiny do you have a frameskin on it?
    650b-elieve

Here's mine

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks man! I love my inline, the devinci Spartan I was riding had one and I thought it was ok but not the kind of performance I've gotten from cc. I also hate to admit it but I've never really liked rs.
    650b-elieve

Here's mine

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by deofour View Post
    Sweet rig. The frame seems a bit shiny do you have a frameskin on it?
    Thanks! No frame protection, just a tad of post processing on the pic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I expected to see a busted bike, glad to know what murdered means and it looks really killer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottcc View Post
    I expected to see a busted bike, glad to know what murdered means and it looks really killer.
    Thanks bro. Murdered means blacked out but I like your definition better
    650b-elieve

Here's mine