mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Which multitool do you carry with your Mojo?

Looking to replace the home depot allen multitool I carry in pack, which multitool does everyone carry?

I used to carry the home depot allen multitool, park tools chain remover, pump and patches, looking to swap out just the multitool to something with a torx on it for my formula brakes.

Anyone using the topeak mini 9? if i dump that with a chain removal tool and a pump, I should be good right?

Topeak Mini 9 Folding Tool > Accessories > Tools > Multitools | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Dropshot Champ!
    the mini 9 works great. the 8mm add on thing will fall off after awhile, but you shouldn't be removing cranks on the trail

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    ah, just saw the mini 9 uses a t25, formula brakes use a t15

Slothful dirt hippie
    Husband.

I keed, I keed.... I have a bunch of/too much tool crap in my bag, but recently discovered I need to add a 2.5mm allen wench for the Elixr brake pads. Although at the rate the bleed situation's going, I'll have chucked those brakes off a cliff and replaced them with Shimanos before I get to it.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    If you don't mind spending the $$$ the crank bro pica is light, has it all and is really comfortable in the hand. I find myself using it at home because it is convenient and comfortable. The only difference btw pica and pica plus is a removable rubber insert that holds two sockets. They fit kids bike seat wheels.

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    I work with the Topeak Hummer for years, all kinds of lever or brake pad adjustements, on trail chain fixing etc work fine with it. Seems to have been replaced/renamed with the Hexus: TopeakŪ Cycling Accessories

By the way, although maybe this is not of interest to you: Since I own the Mojo HD I don't use saddle bags any more for asthetical reasons. Well, actually I do still use it, but it's stuffed somewhere in the backpack. If I were now to update my packaging, I'd look for something with a gear core as in TopeakŪ Cycling Accessories or a backpack with a dedicated tool compartment as in NEW FR ENDURO // 16l - Protector Backpacks - Bike - EVOC - SPORTS (random examples which happen to have pictures online of that area)

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I carry the Topeak Mini 18+. It is a solid little tool. Includes a chain tool.
    TopeakŪ Mini 18+
    I haven't had to use but a couple of the allen tools. It only has one torx size, a T25.

mtbr member
    Park IB-3 (chain tool is integrated) or Park IB-2 (doesn't have chain tool).