Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MRP Lopes SL Chain Guide

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Idahomountain 
#1 ·
Anyone running one of these?

I've read the description a few times and I'm still not sure if I need to buy the adapter to fit this to my SL or if it will bolt straight on?

MRP Lopes SL Chain Guide -- Ibis Cycles Online Store

It's that or go for the Mini G2 with bash but not sure how easy adapting that would be.

Any photos of them fitted would be helpful with any changes that were needed.

#2 ·
Interested to hear as well. I have been running an E-13 on my SL. It has been great, until the lower arm strikes a rock, then I am taking off the crank and loosening the BB to re-position it. I'm getting fast at that, however!

I assume this MRP could be run with an external bash guard mounted to the crank arms?

#3 ·
I ran the Lopes SL on my HD, it's lightweight and quite. If you're clean and smooth you don't need a taco bash. If you want to use the "link bolt" set up than you have to buy the link/Bolt adapter - in the store.
Otherwise, install your guide by: 1. Clean bb cup face, bb shell face and lopes guide with brake cleaner. 2. Reinstall and torque to 40NM. If it still slips you would have broken the lower guide off if installed with a bolt.
Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.