Rides a Bike

Mr Mojo goes on a holiday

Well, we're all packed for our big adventure in the land of the long white cloud.
    A 24 hour race in Rotorua, the Karapoti Classic the following weekend and a bucket load of trails jammed in between.

This bike bag from Bigfoot works a treat and Mojo looks snug and happy.

Excited.

I'll try to remember to take photos, but I may be wearing a big stupid grin and forget.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    looks like it was packed with love...nice job. Very neat and tidy.
    So where are you flying from...Oz?
    A few questions if i may:
    -Where did you get the bike bag from?
    -How much does the whole package weigh?
    -Who did you fly with, did they kick up a fuss re: excess/oversize, any extra charges?
    Enjoy the 24 hour in NZ! Sounds like fun. I am doing the 100km solo Otway Odyssey (Apollo Bay VIC) on my Mojo this weekend, can't wait. Will see if there are any other Mojo's about...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    What is the length plus width plus height, in inches?
    Because over 68 attracts the oversize surcharge. $80 in my case.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

Rides a Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by delboy
    looks like it was packed with love...nice job. Very neat and tidy.
    So where are you flying from...Oz?
    A few questions if i may:
    -Where did you get the bike bag from?
    -How much does the whole package weigh?
    -Who did you fly with, did they kick up a fuss re: excess/oversize, any extra charges?
    Enjoy the 24 hour in NZ! Sounds like fun. I am doing the 100km solo Otway Odyssey (Apollo Bay VIC) on my Mojo this weekend, can't wait. Will see if there are any other Mojo's about...
    Woohoo.

I just got off the plane from 10 days OS and have to say that firstly NZ is a sublime place to ride, and Rotorua Redwoods is the BEST PLACE EVER!!! We had so much fun.

Flights wise, we flew from Canberra to Sydney (Virgin Blue), then flew (Air NZ) into Auckland with a domestic transfer to Rotorua. After racing the NZO 24hr (3rd male pairs) and then the Karapoti Classic in Wellington the following weekend we flew out of Wellington to Sydney (Air NZ) and then Virgin Blue took us back to Canberra. Both events are classic and I recommend that Ibis owners try both. Rotorua for endless sublime ST and Karapoti because it is such a tough challenge with some MONSTER hills.

The Mojo was supreme in Rotorua, flowing the ST like melted butter and really excellent up every climb. I am so impressed with this bike I can't believe it. It was great at Karapoti too, nice and light as there was heaps of hike-a-bike sections that were impossible to ride.

The bike bag came from http://www.bigfootbags.com.au/Bike/PSMTB.html
    all the detail is there, and the bike has arrived back home in perfect nick (aside from a trashed chain, courtesy of the torment that is Karapoti). This bike bag is great.

I packed a bunch of stuff in the bike bag (shoes, helmet, hydropack, tools etc) and weight came in at 25kg. my other check in baggage was 5kg, so right on the allowable limit for both airlines which gift you 10kg for sporting goods on top of the standard 20kg allowance. We sailed right through customs without a single raised eyebrow.

I hope the OTTWAY was good to you, that's a tough race too from what my mates have said. That's on my list.

Cheers
    Fish