SLO Mtn biker!

Mounting light system battery on HD?

Where do you guys mount the battery for your light systems on your HD?

In addition to a helmet mount with the battery in my Camelbak, I use a bar-mounted light with a battery pack, and they usually they go in water bottle cages, but that's not going to happen on the HD. And I'm a bit reluctant to just strap the battery pack directly onto the carbon frame with velco straps.

Thanks for any tips!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I strap it to the frame just behind the steerer tube. Get a small roll of bike tape to avoid rub.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Oh and I often trap battery to bars on opp side to lamp. My battery is small and light (3hr run at 1600lum)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I bought a cheap seatpost bag ($5 IIRC) that has two vecro strips, one to go around the saddle rails and one for the seatpost, the battery fits perfectly in the bag, zip it most of the way closed, and strap in the little oval in the frame behind the 'headtube'. Not sure if I have any pics of it on my mojo, but should work fine on the HD

mtbr member
    I wondered this the other day too. Like a lot of guys I run the dual light system, the helmet lights with the battery on the back of the helmet, and lights also mounted on the handlebar. The battery for the latter was already in a neoprene pouch with a velcro patch so I just use two strips of velcro joined together. Whack the battery in the HD's gas tank, first loop velcro tight around the top tube, then looped again around downtube. Battery can't move back and forth or side to side. Works well.

SLO Mtn biker!
    These are awesome tips! Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I just do what Pete does.....mine just has rubber strip on it so it doesn't do too much rubbing.