Well Biked
    Jun 2005

Monarch RT3 vs Monarch RC3 plus on Mojo HD

Does anybody have any time on both of these rear shocks, and can tell me whats the ride difference on the HD? Im trying to figure out if the plus would be a worthy upgrade from my Pushed Monarch, which ia already pretty big improvement over the RP3.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I had pushed RT-AM and it was ok, but was not satisifed. Returned it and got the pushed RC3, huge difference in every area. Low speed bump compliance to high speed chunk as well as jumps and drops bottoming control. But that was just me, it seemed to be my answer, but I guess it matter the type of riding you do. All climbing probably not gonna matter much, but with aggressive AM I think it makes a big difference.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for the reply. High speed chunk handling is important to me, and I do have to climb to get to everything.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I do quite a bit of climbing, but between those two shocks it didn't matter much. I should mention that I have never been overly concerned with any bike I have owned and it has never been the bike that limited me, especially with the DW link. But everything else was much better on the RC3 compared to the RT. Good luck

Team Sanchez
    Eric, you know I've been on the Push'd Monarch Plus for a while now. When I filled out the Push worksheet, I checked the Plush box, and big hit kit. The shock still climbs awesome, but more importantly is one of the best feeling rear shocks I have ever owned in the chunk. I don't do big drops to flat anymore, so plushness was all I cared about.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey Guys,

I need to confirm what is the correct setting for the Monarch RC3 Plus to use it on a Mojo SL, and in a short-to-mid future ahead, use it on a Mojo HD 140.

I heard that it suppose to be LowC and midR, right? But could LowLow also works? Hoe about the can size, standard or High volume?

I weight around 180lbs geared up , and am looking for maximum plushness and taking some drops and jumps as well.

Getting anything from Push is not a option for me, as I am from Brazil, and they work with us. So I need to get a regular Monarch.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Regards,

Ed.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Can get a good deal on an RC3 at the moment. Better than std RP23 or only if PUSH'ed ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    ^^I was wondering the same thing but then just pulled the trigger on an '11 Plus RC3. From what I have read, i cannot get it Pushed but I am hoping it performs better than my RP23.

For those who have already switched to the Monarch, did you have to get new reducers or did the Fox reducers work with the Monarchs? I know the newer monarchs are the 1/2" DU bushings so I am hoping the reducers will be the same.

TIA and sorry for jacking the thread.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    I'm sure even the stock Monarchs are better then the RP23. My initial setting from Push were way off for my weight but still felt far more coil-like. I truly wonder why Ibis would continue to spec the Fox. It feels lousy on the HD after now riding the Monarch.

mtbr member
    The Monarch Plus RC3 is WAY better than the RP23 even stock.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scepticshock View Post
    I'm sure even the stock Monarchs are better then the RP23. My initial setting from Push were way off for my weight but still felt far more coil-like. I truly wonder why Ibis would continue to spec the Fox. It feels lousy on the HD after now riding the Monarch.

Hey scepticshock, I also got a pushed Plus and I'm not totally happy with the
    feel of it (admittedly after only 3 or 4 rides)... What exactly did you change from
    the initial settings from push to improve your feel? I like the big hit feel, but
    don't like the small fast stuff. The pressure they recommended was definitely
    too high (got me about 25% sag) but even after adjusting to a little more than
    30% I'm still not happy with the fast choppy kind of stuff.

I'd love any tips you can give me to get the 'coil-like' feeling you describe.

(I was going to PM you, but I figured that whatever tips you had might be
    useful to anyone else reading this thread)

Thanks!

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by antipatterns View Post
    Hey scepticshock, I also got a pushed Plus and I'm not totally happy with the
    feel of it (admittedly after only 3 or 4 rides)... What exactly did you change from
    the initial settings from push to improve your feel? I like the big hit feel, but
    don't like the small fast stuff. The pressure they recommended was definitely
    too high (got me about 25% sag) but even after adjusting to a little more than
    30% I'm still not happy with the fast choppy kind of stuff.

I'd love any tips you can give me to get the 'coil-like' feeling you describe.

(I was going to PM you, but I figured that whatever tips you had might be
    useful to anyone else reading this thread)

Thanks!
    To be clear, I haves only owned the RT3, but I think our situation was he same. It came way to firm for my liking, and I never asked for an aggressive trail setting. It was getting 25% sag. I kept dumping air until the say was about 30% in standing attack position on level ground. I felt it was much more to my liking with 150-155 psi then the 170 it came with. Once I confirmed this with a good month of riding I felt the dampers needed to be retuned for this new air pressure. I explained to Push what I didn't like such as my feet coming off the pedals at speed on the rocks, and some weird issues climbing. they took that info and retuned it for 155 psi. It feels really good now. I just run the rebound 1 click faster.

I think you need to let Push know you want it really plush in those rock, and what air pressure feels best and that. And guide the tune for them. I know they can be a pain to reach sometime, but then they will turn around and talk to you for half and hour about your shock.