mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Monarch Plus RC3 help!

Hello All,

Got a SLR on order and I am going to switch out the RP23 for a RS monarch plus RC3. Wondering what tune should I get, and do I need the HV can or the standard can. I am 195#s geared up and ride bay area trails. I am more into downhill descending, hate climbing but itís thatís what the SLR is for. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I got a M/M tune for for HD140 (same leverage rate as SLR), I'm about 185lbs & it has been awesome. I have since moved to getting a monarch plus to accommodate the HD in 160 travel setting & it has been awesome.

mtbr member
    high volume & I have been running about 180psi to get @ 30% sag

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosedre View Post
    I got a M/M tune for for HD140 (same leverage rate as SLR), I'm about 185lbs & it has been awesome. I have since moved to getting a monarch plus to accommodate the HD in 160 travel setting & it has been awesome.
    Did you get the HV can or the standard can?

Thanks for your reply.

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosedre View Post
    Im about your same weight and looking for a monarch plus for my HD 160. You have the HV M/M tune stock monarch plus for the HD 160? How does it compare to the rp23? How does the monarch improve over the rp23?

mtbr member
    I never liked rp23's because of the lack of mid-stroke support & they heat up so quickly & the rebound goes to sh*t. In regards to the Monarch plus it has better (not great) mid stroke support & I have yet to feel the damper fade on long runs. I sold my rp23 as soon as I got the bike & never rode it.