mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Monarch Plus - how to adjust RP23 to be vaguely similar?

After a ton of reading on the monarch plus and the drastic improvement it is on the rp23 (kashima for me) on the MOJO HD, and seeing how PUSH doesn't sell the monarch plus on their site anymore (as well as finding a monarch plus with low compression med rebound is super difficult), what can I do with what I have?

In a perfect world, I want to improve small bump compliance, improve performance of the chunk and still retain it's pedaling/climbing capabilities of the RP23, what steps can I take to get it even remotely close to the monarch plus performance?

So far it seems like setting the sag a bit higher to 35% might help, and to compensate for bottom out I'll do the DGC mod and throw a shim in the HV can (135mm x 20 mm x 1.2 mm) and see what happens.

What other options do I got?

Thanks for the help in advance.

(geared up weight - ~175 lbs, 155psi in the shock, 11 clicks of clockwise rebound or 4 ccw)
    Last edited by darnelli; 07-01-2012 at 12:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Phone a decent shock tuner and have a chat with them. Standard shocks can be improved vastly when internally tuned. I had the Dhx air on my old nomad done and the difference was night and day. A lot cheaper than a new shock too.
    Failing that, a lot of independent dealers will custom shim a new shock free of charge to suits your bike, if you buy it from them. Tf tuned are good in the uk, but don't know about US suppliers.

mtbr member
    They are still selling the Monarch, but only the limited inventory that they have in stock (that's why it's been removed from the website).
    Maintain internal heights.

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by nixgame22 View Post
    They are still selling the Monarch, but only the limited inventory that they have in stock (that's why it's been removed from the website).
    Thanks for the info! I just called Push and they do have 2 monarch plus rc3 left that will fit the HD 160. Well only 1 now, since I ordered one of the 2. If anyone wants a push tuned rc3 plus, there is only 1 left so you better jump on it!