Thread: Mold Issues

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Mold Issues

I noticed another poster saying that Ibis had to rework their front triangle molds last month. Being paranoid, I thought I'd check to see if any of you know anything more about that, and whether there is any sort of problems with earlier bikes. My matte clear arrived in late December. There is nothing wrong with it that I have noticed.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Where'd you read that?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Do you mean your front triangle is growing blue fur all over it? Clean it off with a brush!
    Or is the Moulds for the front triangles being the problem? Just wondering.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Good point. It must have been the "moulds" because I am obsessed with cleaning the darn thing. The reference is in the post below.

smkndrgn
    mtbr member
    Posts: 19 Just got word that the XL-SL Gray I ordered in middle October should be showing in mid to late March. I believe mine could be in the first batch of the gray models available. Ibis offered to let me switch for a clear version that would move that date up a month to late February.

Official word on the delay is "we had to rework something on our front triangle molds last month" according to what Ibis sent to my dealer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Mold?

All is well.
    We did have some issues in January that held up the production of SLs, but once we get past Chinese New Year (the factory is currently on holiday) we should be going 100%.
    Cheers!
    Hans
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

Grams Light Bikes
    Mold Issues...I thought it was more of the Ibis vs Turner thread...duh