mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Mojos weight question,

I bought my beautiful mojo xt set up three months ago...and I have been upgrading it specially to loose weight and I am a bit disapointed what do you think ?

Xt set up where I have changed:
    Crankset 07 xtr cranks and cassete.
    <<<<<<<<< Rear derreilleur now is x.9 (will be x.0)
    front derreilleur xt.
    Discs xtr, levers and system xt
    Wheels. Dt swiss superlight wheels -1450 gr plus tubeless kit.
    kenda 1,95 nevegal and IRC xcserra 2,1 on back.

Fork fox float RLC 140, RP23.

All the other components are the Ibis set up, and the bike weihts 25,8 (without pedals), Lbs I was expecting to go what ibis says with xtr group, about 24,5 (without pedals),

Please can you tell me where can be that big diference, should I dissasemble the frame and weight things by parts ?, Please is my dream bike but also wanted feather weight...Now is not bad , burt looking at the Ibis numbers looks not correct?

Any sugestions will be just great!

thank you and happy new year.

LJJ
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Change the wheels

By changing from Mavic Crossmax SL UST wheels c/w Conti Explorer UST tyres to Stan's ZTR Race wheels c/w Conti Explorer NON-UST tyres I saved 900g - yes 2 freakin' lbs !!!

That's on my racey C'dale Carbon Rush (now 23lb), but Stan's make less racey rims (the Olympic is the "trail rim") which could be used on yr Mojo.

Cost of wheelset with American Classic hubs & DT Swiss Super-comp spokes was around 400 in UK - bound to be much cheaper in the US.......

Good Luck
    LJJ

PS: Bike manufacturers always weigh their bikes with helium in the frame !!