mojos, as in ibis mojo

20K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  hakkalügi 
#1 ·
so smooth...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Phippy said:
Love your steel ride colker. Its been awhile now since you've had this bike, how long? I still love my Steelman but I'm getting a Salty in the spring, the price was to good to pass up. Will post a pic of the Steelman over the weekend.

Steel forever.
hi phip,
4yrs...!!! never had a bike for so long. it's too small for me but whenever i think of buying another frame, i ride it on the trail and feel so good i end up thinking i may trade the mojo for something worse and feel stupid (i'm not talking big$ IF's, soulcrafts etc... cause i maintain the road bike vice as well). :cool:

#10 ·
My Mojos

I have 3.

My first one I bought new in 2001 (I think its a 1998 frame--no handjob). I use this one as my race bike--it now has different tires and a Marzocchi on it.

Then I picked up a fully rigid SS--all original except for V-brakes that were put on it. It even has a pink stem. I paid $250 for it.

My latest is is 1995 or so Mojo with a handjob. I picked it up as a frame about a year ago and I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it--now I have decided I am building it as an ugly retro bike. Pics will soon be posted.

Anyone have any extra annodized purple or green or turquoise stuff they want seel for cheap?

Attachments

#33 ·
I have 3.

My first one I bought new in 2001 (I think its a 1998 frame--no handjob). I use this one as my race bike--it now has different tires and a Marzocchi on it.

Then I picked up a fully rigid SS--all original except for V-brakes that were put on it. It even has a pink stem. I paid $250 for it.

My latest is is 1995 or so Mojo with a handjob. I picked it up as a frame about a year ago and I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it--now I have decided I am building it as an ugly retro bike. Pics will soon be posted.

Anyone have any extra annodized purple or green or turquoise stuff they want seel for cheap?
...old thread dig here, but I just dug out an old Mojo from up in my barn I've had sitting for years. Might revive it and convert it to a 650b, but looking for more info about it.
Anyone here know how to read serial #'s??

Mine is the EXACT same color and sticker as that in the last photo in the above quoted post.
1" threaded headtube/Tange fork, with colormatched superlong Salsa 135mm quill stem.
It has NO handjob, just unformed cable stop.
Anyway, just looking for some help, any info or tips here are much appreciated.
Thanks!

#11 ·
Anodized purple hubs

Have a wheel set (Mavic X517 Ceramic, DT Revolution [black], Salsa flipoffs [blue], blue spoke nipples) with purple anodized Chris King hubs (32) and Panaracer FireXC Pro kevlar [blue sidewall]. They have only 50 miles on them and were originally $790 all together. Would prefer to sell the whole set.

Make me an offer if you're interested.

michael_p_perez@yahoo.com

#14 ·
nykat said:
What year is your Mojo? The reason I ask is I did not know that Ibis built the Mojo's with a disc tab. Your frame must be one of the last batch before they closed down.

I wish I had disc tabs on my old Ibis Alibi.
Man, I'm not sure exactly what year it is, but I think it is one of the last to come out of the factory. I found it in the mtbr classifieds, and got it just after Ibis closed down.

It sux that Ibis closed... these are awesome bikes. I want to find myself an older Mojo with the handjob... and possibly even one of their full suspension bikes.

#17 ·
#19 ·
Wife's ride

Here's my wife's extra small (12.5" c-c). She's 5'2" and it's a real good fit. It seems to be a really rare metallic deep purple color, we've never seen another like it. I believe it was one of the last built in Calif before contracting out to Strong in Montana. Too new to have the hand job though.

It doesn't see much dirt any more now that she has a full suspension bike. I occasionally swap out the Marz for a Kinesis rigid fork with some slicks for pavement pounding, that makes for a pretty light combo.

The pics indoors with flash just don't portray it's true color, I'll try and post another on a sunny day.

Randy

Attachments

#21 ·
IBIS Mojo w/Hand Job

GotMojo? said:
Man, I'm not sure exactly what year it is, but I think it is one of the last to come out of the factory. I found it in the mtbr classifieds, and got it just after Ibis closed down.

It sux that Ibis closed... these are awesome bikes. I want to find myself an older Mojo with the handjob... and possibly even one of their full suspension bikes.
if your interested, I have an IBIS Mojo w/the HandJob i'll be willing to sell mint condidion....

Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.