mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Mojo vs. Maverick 7/5. Any input?

Anyone have any thoughts or experience regarding the Mojo as compared to a Maverick 7/5? If I fall victim to my current bout of new-bike-itis, these are probably my top two contenders. Thanks.

www.derbyrims.com
    I've never ridden a Maverick. But all the Maverick trail riders I've asked have said they really like it, a great climber, a little firm descending.

I did watch a Short Track XC pro race where there was a Maverick rider. The suspension bobbed rather excessively, like over an inch each seated pedal stroke, more when standing. Although less intense trail riding use wouldn't be so excessive in energy loss, the rides Iíve asked like it a lot.

The Mojo suspension is much more minimal-bob acceleration efficient and more freely active over bumps.

The Mojo offers a much wider range of shock setup options. It could be tuned to win Sport class XC races (too heavy for Pro/Elite). And it's strong enough that it could be set up for some pretty big jumps and rock drops. And anything between.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The suspension bobbed rather excessively, like over an inch each seated pedal stroke, more when standing

Thats strange!
    I'm riding a 7.5...I agree with everything you say about the Maverick...its a great light weight climber and descends like a superhardtail, ie a bit firm...not like a 5 Spot!....but Ive never noticed the bob you describe...its always been super efficient....wonder what this inch was!! I would say the 7.5 is more on the XC side of trail bikes....still waiting for the Mojo so cant give you that review.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsuma
    The suspension bobbed rather excessively, like over an inch each seated pedal stroke, more when standing

Thats strange!
    I'm riding a 7.5...I agree with everything you say about the Maverick...its a great light weight climber and descends like a superhardtail, ie a bit firm...not like a 5 Spot!....but Ive never noticed the bob you describe...its always been super efficient....wonder what this inch was!! I would say the 7.5 is more on the XC side of trail bikes....still waiting for the Mojo so cant give you that review.

I have to agree, Maverick has one of the most efficient designs on the market. Dw-link and ICT right there with them. The DW link will be a bit more plush, but I wouldnt' say that it will be more efficient. I have ridden both bikes and they are very comparable. I honestly think you would be very happy with either bike. The IBIS definitely has a lust factor that may tip the scale between the two.
    -----------------------
    The world's only compatible bike builder
    [SIZE=3]wrenchscience[/SIZE]