Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: mojo tires

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    145

    mojo tires

    looking for a good combo. in the front i like a great "grippy" tire with descent speed. and the rear having great speed with descent grip. what ya think. brands? for mid west riding

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanfitz
    looking for a good combo. in the front i like a great "grippy" tire with descent speed. and the rear having great speed with descent grip. what ya think. brands? for mid west riding
    Very happy with Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.4 front and 2.25 rear. Light, fast and very grippy The new Racing Ralph http://www.schwalbetires.com/racing_ralph_home can also be an option.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide
    Very happy with Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.4 front and 2.25 rear. Light, fast and very grippy The new Racing Ralph http://www.schwalbetires.com/racing_ralph_home can also be an option.
    ironic you mention those, i was just checking those ones out. only down fall, i hear consistently that they have weak sidwalls?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,905
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanfitz
    ironic you mention those, i was just checking those ones out. only down fall, i hear consistently that they have weak sidwalls?
    I am using the "snake-skin" version in the back. I haven't had any problems in respect to comparable (550-750 weight) tires.

  5. #5
    Mojo0115
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,667
    I am currently rocking my Mojo on Kenda Nevegal 2.35 Stick-E front and rear. I was running Kenda 2.2 Karma rear throughout the summer but switched back to the 2.35 Nevegal for winter and spring in the desert.

  6. #6
    Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Reputation: ddraewwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by zzsean
    I am currently rocking my Mojo on Kenda Nevegal 2.35 Stick-E front and rear. I was running Kenda 2.2 Karma rear throughout the summer but switched back to the 2.35 Nevegal for winter and spring in the desert.
    Ditto.


    zzsean:

    I don't have the stick-e rear though (just front). Wondering how the wear is? The front seems to be holding up pretty well so I'll stick with that up front but I don't want to be going through 4 sets of rear tires in one year so I chose the DTC first.

  7. #7
    Slovakia (Europe)
    Reputation: PeterG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    438
    The same, as Davide. Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.4" front/2.25"rear (or 2.4" both). I've used them all this season on Stumpy (rear one is "snake-skin" version, 2.4" wasn't available in "snake-skin" that time) and haven't had any problems.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VTmojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    460

    east coast

    any suggestions for the east coast mud, rocks, and roots?

    I'm convinced bigger is better..2.3 or 2.4.

    Thanks..

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    495

    For New England conditions i like Nevegals with Stans.

    The stickey compound cant be beat for our terrain . I go to 2.1s when it gets drier and go bigger when neccesary .Im in the Berkshires . Lets hook up some time. Harry

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    73
    Conti Mountain King 2.2 at the back and 2.4 at the front work well for me

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VTmojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    460
    Thanks for the advise.. Sure, we should hook up..I'm in Burlington..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •