mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Mojo SL Tyre size?

Now I know my frames nearly here, it's time to make sure that all the bits will fit

So, what is the maximum size tyre that will fit the frame?

I've got some Maxxis 2.4 Advantage FR's - anyone using them on a SL or Mojo (pressume it's the same clearance?).

For XC use I have a lighter set of wheels with 2.1's but just need to know what I should fit to my FR wheels.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Don't know specifically about that tire, but Hans said that the Mojo (no difference in SL vs. normal) will accommodate tires up to 2.4. Tire sizes have increased in the recent years and most any trailbike now has to be able to accept 2.3's at the min. I run 2.35 neve's and 2.3 Timberwolves with no clearance problems but I don't ride in the mud much. I don't see any reason why the Advantages would not fit.

mtbr member
    I've run both WTB's Mutanoraptor 2.4 and Schwalbe's new 2.4 Racing Ralph on my SL and standard Mojo and they fit and run just fine. I don't ride in muddy conditions at all being in the Central Rockies, but even with these tires, I still have some decent clearance around the chainstays.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    You should be aware that even tyres < 2.4" will "buzz" the rear cable stop on full travel. I have run 2.25" Nobby Nics and 2.35" Swampthings - both of which buzz.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm running a Shwalbe 2.4 RR on the back and it buzzes my chainstay protector unless I flip it around so the logo faces in.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Conti Mountain King 2.4

I have used Conti Mountain King 2.4 both front and rear. They fit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by heihei
    You should be aware that even tyres < 2.4" will "buzz" the rear cable stop on full travel. I have run 2.25" Nobby Nics and 2.35" Swampthings - both of which buzz.
    Surely design fault?

Mojo or SL or both!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I agree a design fault. This is on a regular Mojo but would assume the SL is the same.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    hey i'm running the 2.4 advantages on my mojo they fit fine, go with them!

mtbr member
    That is all very interesting I thought I was acheiving full travel out of both my RP23 and DT Swiss shock and I have never buzzed anything...and my 2.4 Racing Ralphs don't rub at all. Maybe I've just got the bike gods on my side.