Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Mojo SL takes it' place next to Mojo and Szazbo

picked up my SL a couple days ago. (LBS Trail Head Cyclery rocks)

I got the dark grey color with red anno bits, and the DT shock.

my medium weighs 5.02 lbs. I was surprised...wouldn't say dissapointed.

for reference, my medium nude carbon regular mojo, with no upgrade to the pivots and with the fox rp23, weighs 5.68 lbs.

So, my 'SL' isn't much more 'L' that the regular one...I hope the DT shock works as well as the Fox...otherwise I'll switch back to the rp23 and lose a fair amount of the weight savings.

I still think the 'upgrade' is worth it for the killer protective paint on the SL and the red anno stuff looks great too...

Will post pics when it's built and a review comparing the rides of the two.
    it will likely simply replace the older mojo since I don't have much room for another bike...and with a 5 lb 5.5" travel frame that works as well as these bikes do, who needs another duallie?

for reference, the other bikes on the rack are:
    - '96 bonty race lite (last of the sc built bikes)
    - rocklobster steel custom ss with c'dale headshok
    - Kish ti ss rigid
    - Ventana El Conquistador tandem
    - Ibis Szazbo circa '95
    - Surly Big Dummy 'Long tail'
    - a couple Scott Spark 4.25" duallies (come in right around 4lbs...one for me, one for my son...mine's likely to go now that the Mojo SL has arrived)
    - xxs santa cruz juliana (my duaghter's)
    - schwinn cruiser
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Nice!! - Just waiting for mine right now

Are the cable guides drilled out as standard, so you can run full length outers (gears)??

Cant wait - excited or what!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

cable guides

not drilled out for full length der cables...only for the rear brake line.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

QR Seat Binder VS Fixed

I'm thinking we would have been about 4.9 lbs with the stock fixed binder FYI.
    Looks nice!
    Hans
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    FYI... I recently got my Med SL and it came in at 4.84... but that was with out the QR seat collar..

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    I am a bit "disappointed" in the weight of my large matte SL frame. 5.22lbs without the seat collar. Ibis advertised 23.5lbs for complete bike in XTR build. I went with the Manitou to drop another .6 lbs and expected the bike to be around 23 lbs. I weighed all the components and believe the bike will come in at 24 lbs. I think that is significantly off. I'll post a write up once the bike is completed today.

mtbr member
    You won't be disappointed, despite the "weight." I expected mine to be around 25 or less, and it came in at 26.5 with pedals (XT/XTR). I have to say though, it has not bothered me in the least. I have been riding the heck out of it, and am absolutely thrilled with it.

mtbr member

Weightweenie done right

Quote Originally Posted by riderup

my medium weighs 5.02 lbs. I was surprised...wouldn't say dissapointed.
    Riderup, if you want to be a weightweenie (I do, for fun) you have to do it right. Just to do it ballpark: there are almost almost 40 grams difference between the standard vs quick-release seat binder, call that the outstanding amount of 0.1 pounds and you are right about where advertised 5.02-0.1=4.92 ... so no "disappointment".

Gram counting is fun but also fairly silly ... even if it was real (that it is not) a difference of 0.1lbs grams would be irrelevant

mtbr member
    I really love the look of the carbon shock, but can't believe its going to be close to the fox though? I have a Spark too, and think the rear shock is the weakest link in the bike. So I can't wait to hear the ride review. I hope you'll make some direct comparisons between the two. Really nice quiver of rides you got there.

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide
    there are almost almost 40 grams difference between the standard vs quick-release seat binder
    Not if you get the right QR.

31 grams.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter
    Not if you get the right QR.

31 grams.
    Still 16 grams heavier (with titanium bolt) ... that is a universe of weight in weightweenieland almost 1/3 of 1/10th of a pound

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    my bike came in at 30lbs but two pounds were in the pedals and ten in the wheels, the bike feels so light and whippy both on the climbs and in the air its really cool

mtbr member
    Hello Riderup, Do you have any picture of your daughter's XXS Juliana ? I plan to mount one for my wife.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Well, dont worry about the bike weight and enjoy riding your bike more, in real world, you cant feel the difference of a pound.
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide
    Still 16 grams heavier (with titanium bolt) ... that is a universe of weight in weightweenieland almost 1/3 of 1/10th of a pound
    That type of weight savings is meaningless.unless it's rolling weight. I prefer to have a QR for the ease.

But yeah, Weight Weenism is very addicting.
    Last edited by snowdrifter; 03-23-2008 at 05:12 AM.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    But yeah, Weight Weenism is very addicting.
    you got that right
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I really love the look of the carbon shock, but can't believe its going to be close to the fox though? I have a Spark too, and think the rear shock is the weakest link in the bike. So I can't wait to hear the ride review. I hope you'll make some direct comparisons between the two. Really nice quiver of rides you got there.
    Derby did a really good review of the shock here.
    Dt Swiss SSD Carbon shock review
    I'm really wondering if I should not forget that shock and save my money and go with a pushed rp23.
    Isn't the Spark shock the same shock, elastomer rebound, etc, except with an extra reservoir for the different compression levels I don't know that is why I am asking ?
    Btw, that is not the first complaint I have heard about the spark shock, in addition to seeing several broken at different dealers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Isn't the Spark shock the same shock, elastomer rebound, etc, except with an extra reservoir for the different compression levels I don't know that is why I am asking ?
    Yeah, come to think of it, you are correct, the Spark shock or Nude shock is made with the help of those DT Swiss folks. Hmm
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    Yeah, come to think of it, you are correct, the Spark shock or Nude shock is made with the help of those DT Swiss folks. Hmm
    It's a freakin conspiracy ! No, actually I do wonder about the internals and want to get some info here. I would email the source, but why when I have great tech guys here online ! Oops easter what the heck am I doing here. bye bye.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It's a freakin conspiracy ! No, actually I do wonder about the internals and want to get some info here. I would email the source, but why when I have great tech guys here online ! Oops easter what the heck am I doing here. bye bye.
    Aint Scott Website has a diagram of the Nude TC shock?
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    I think they are pretty close, the difference is the adjustability of the nude, with traction lock setting and full lockout. I'de rather have stable platform that preforms well all the time instead of messing with a lever. The DT shock just seems too simple, if you want the bike to feel plush you get noticable bobing, if you want it to feel snappy it feels a bit harsh. I'de just like to find the middle ground.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I think they are pretty close, the difference is the adjustability of the nude, with traction lock setting and full lockout. I'de rather have stable platform that preforms well all the time instead of messing with a lever. The DT shock just seems too simple, if you want the bike to feel plush you get noticable bobing, if you want it to feel snappy it feels a bit harsh. I'de just like to find the middle ground.
    If you are a good pedaller you wont even feel bobbing
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

the train keeps rollin
    Funny. The Mojo expert in this forum, doesn't even own a Mojo.

Did Dr. Jones mix the Koolaide himself?
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Who is that person?
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter

Did Dr. Jones mix the Koolaide himself?
    That would be Hans, he doesn't need to own a Moj since he owns part of the company.
    Would that be electric Koolaide Ah, those were the days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast