mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Mojo SL and RS Lyric 160mm

Is ne1 riding a Lyric 160mm fork on a Mojo SL? if so, how do you like it? Is it front heavy- (Lyric 4.9lbs)? is 160mm to much where it affects climbing? how does it react in the air?

i'm much more of a AM rider with some drops and medium jumps. i'm riding a fox talas 140 and got offered a sweeeet deal for RS Lyric rs2dh 160mm. i don't know if the lyric maybe too much for the Mojo SL....

any advice is appreciated.
    thanx.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    73 views and no response? i guess i'll be the only one sporting the RS Lyric on my Ibis mojo sl and reviewing it then.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Im curious to see what people say.
    Ive got a SL that needs a little more fork too. I have a RS Sektor coil on it now that actually rides pretty well but I would really like a little more rigidity to it. It seems awful flexy in the rough stuff. I just put a hadley thru axle in the back and that helped out the back end and now the front really needs some love. I am thinking about either a Vengeance or a Lyrik for mine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    yeah im surprise not to many ibis sl owners are using the lyric. 4.9lbs on a mojo sl, i would think it would be front heavy and probably would affect the ride. i weigh 145 so i don't know how the bike will perform. i know i'll prolly adjust the geometry a bit-drop the bars maybe 2 spacers from the stems down and take it from there. we'll see....

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Interesting not many replies. Before the HD many Mojo C users put a Fox 36 or Lyric so it's no big deal to do it. Lopes was riding one this way for years but it was a Zoke 55.

I have a Lyric coil and never use the Uturn adjustment. Climbs just fine. I've had it that way for years as well. I don't recall if I removed some spacers from below the stem but I probably did. Maybe 10 mm or so at the most.....nothing drastic and there are definitely some spacers beneath the stem still. I run an easton med rise EA70 bar....no need to go to a low rise either. Honestly you just get used to the taller front end and the Mojos climb so well anyways something like this still keeps the Mojo a very capable climber.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    i'll try it since im getting a really good deal on the fork. im going to drop the spacer to 5mm-10mm and leave my 60mm stem on it and see from there. maybe go 70mm stem? pull the handle bar out a bit to compensate the taller front end?? as it rises, body need to be lowered? i dunno, we'll see...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    My mojo c is running fox 36 float with 160 of travel and I will never go back on my talas 140. I'm more into am/enduro riding. Going up hill needs a little adjustment like body positioning but the mojo c still climbs well. Going down hill is where you really get your money. You will feel the stiffness and its like your riding a whole different bike. Still saving up for the hd, though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ibismojo09 View Post
    My mojo c is running fox 36 float with 160 of travel and I will never go back on my talas 140. I'm more into am/enduro riding. Going up hill needs a little adjustment like body positioning but the mojo c still climbs well. Going down hill is where you really get your money. You will feel the stiffness and its like your riding a whole different bike. Still saving up for the hd, though.
    how do you have your front set up? size of stem? how many spacers do you have on your headset? etc...

thanks.

Dropshot Champ!
    hated my mojo classic with a fox 36.

way too tall of a fork. 70mm stem, not sure on bars at the time.

It was just too tall and too big, couldn't make any of the steep climbs in my area. Even the non steep ones were way too much work.

A shorter a2c rev or float is dialed tho

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYLsuMmiT_Hi View Post
    how do you have your front set up? size of stem? how many spacers do you have on your headset? etc...

thanks.
    Im using the 45mm funn enduro stem and raceface atlas fr bar with about an inch of spacer from my headseat. And running a 1x10 with a 32ring up front and 11-36 cassette. still climbs well for me.

here's a pic. the one on top is mine and the other two is from my buddies.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n..._4318102_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Is yours a size small? mines a small. i'm going to try it with an inch spacer with a Chris King headset and a 60mm stem and go from there.

thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    ^^ yup my mojo c is small. I was running 70mm stem before and I was uncomfortable going down the hills specially on the drops cuz it's like I'm reaching my hb and steering is not as snappy compared now with my 45mm stem. Try to play and adjust your hb as well like turn it outward or inward to your liking.