mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Mojo SL with RP23 - cost?

Hi Guys,

Well, the decision is made I'm going with a matte clear SL, the pics I've seen posted of it make it too good to resist; if I go with the clear original Mojo, I think I'd always be feeling a little unhappy with the paint and it's 'flashy' appearance (maybe)... I'm sure the ride would be exactly the same though...

Oh well, I'll just have to wait till April/May for my baby... I'll just have to use the time to save like a squirrel for my ultimate build, and also train like a demon to be worthy of such a steed!

Two final questions before I place my order... For those who've gone with the RP23, what was the final frame cost after the swap?

Secondly, where do you think is the best place to order in the US of A? Are any particular dealers more likely to get stock earlier than others? Or is it simply a matter of Ibis supplying frames in date order (regardless of where they were ordered from?) Are any dealers better to work with from overseas than others (I'm based in the UK at the moment)

cheers guys, thanks again for all your useful comments and advice

tensim

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Tensin,
    I got my SL from Wrenchscience after calling Ibis and asking who placed the biggest pre-order for Mojo Sl's. I paid full retail but I haven't seen anyplace discounting Mojo's. I was very happy with the service from Wrenchscience and would buy from them again. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Wrenchscience

Thanks Wade, good information ; did WS give you an idea of their ETA on the SL?

Whereabouts are they based?

I'm not expecting any discounting anywhere on the SL, it's the hottest frame of the year and demand is strong for sure...

cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I got my mojo at Contes in Arlington, VA and I was in over the weekend getting a racer-x for my fiance and saw the new SL in the matte nude finish. They have it in stock with the full xtr kit and manitou fork. They were great working with me to get the parts I wanted on both my mojo and my fiance's bike. Just an fyi.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Sorry I should have clarified, I already received my SL from Wrenchscience in early January. My SL was in the second batch released from Ibis. Give Zach at Wrenchscience a call and see what they can do for you. www.wrenchscience.com
    Wade

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Wade@LSTD
    Sorry I should have clarified, I already received my SL from Wrenchscience in early January. My SL was in the second batch released from Ibis. Give Zach at Wrenchscience a call and see what they can do for you. www.wrenchscience.com
    Wade
    or talk to Tim, he's the owner, another great guy.

David

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

SL with RP23 - cost?

Has anyone ordered the SL and swapped for the RP23? Could you let me know what the difference in cost was? I'm being offered USD100 which seems a bit low? thought it'd be more like USD200... What's been the experience of the forum?

cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I could see how you might have good luck with that... if you want a large or medium. I have been on the list since mid October for an XL... It was supposed to be in the second batch but no dice... I don't think there are any XLs and maybe no Smalls in the wild right now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

SL / RP23 pricing

Hi Guys,

Typically -$200, though there are some shops that have been doing less of a discount, generally -$120.

We haven't made an official price for that option, but it sounds like we probably should to reduce the confusion. It will be -$200.

Hans

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification Hans, appreciated.