mtbr member

Mojo or the Sl Mojo very confused...

Hello..I'm new to the Ibis forum. I have read all the threads here for the past two days. I'm selling a nice Nomad with a Lyrix 2 step air and PUSHED Fox R shock so I can lighten the load hopefully to 25lbs with a new Ibis. I decided to go carbon and understand what a great ride it can provide, since I'm a roadie as well. A Scott CR1SL works for me. But anyway I was going to do a MOJO orange frame with the TI kit. The SL frame is awsome but money is a factor. Now after reading all the threads I think most would trade thier Mojos for the SL frame if possible. I;m a weight weenie so I get that, the paint thing is crazy. Put a bunch of clear tape everywhere. The difference in carbon I'm not sure on that one. Now I have to wait till May to get a SL frame. So any help from the great threaders would be awsome, and if you live in or near Colorado lets ride. I'm going to Moab in april so I might have to rent a bike.....D
    Just ride and quit bit$hin........
    SANTA CRUZ TALLBOY LT...SIR9-SS-....Supersix-EVO soon....

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dancruz
    you live in or near Colorado lets ride. I'm going to Moab in april so I might have to rent a bike.....D
    Call Scott owner of Big Ring Bikes in Golden, http://www.bigringcycles.com/ he may have a matte clear sl in your size all ready. They ordered a few early.
    Btw, tell him Gerr wants his matte gray SL !

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Also contact Over the Edge in Fruita, as they're an Ibis dealer and may have some insight or options available.

Only you can decide if the extra money is worth the weight savings and the longer delivery time.

I opted for a regular Mojo simply because I decided in advance to go with the XT kit rather than the XTR and it seemed to me that unless you are going with XTR or WTF, spending that extra $500 to save a few more ounces was not a good investment. But, you stated you were a "weight weenie", so I guess you have to make that determination yourself.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Be sure to post a pic of your new mojo in post your mojo pics here thread . And choosing the Mojo as your next bike regardless if its the regular or the SL is the right move
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member

150 grams and change

Hello..I'm new to the Ibis forum. I have read all the threads here for the past two days. I'm selling a nice Nomad with a Lyrix 2 step air and PUSHED Fox R shock so I can lighten the load hopefully to 25lbs with a new Ibis. I decided to go carbon and understand what a great ride it can provide, since I'm a roadie as well. A Scott CR1SL works for me. But anyway I was going to do a MOJO orange frame with the TI kit. The SL frame is awsome but money is a factor. Now after reading all the threads I think most would trade thier Mojos for the SL frame if possible. I;m a weight weenie so I get that, the paint thing is crazy. Put a bunch of clear tape everywhere. The difference in carbon I'm not sure on that one. Now I have to wait till May to get a SL frame. So any help from the great threaders would be awsome, and if you live in or near Colorado lets ride. I'm going to Moab in april so I might have to rent a bike.....D
    Well ... I have a Mojo and although I would probably have got the SL if I could last year ... you should keep in mind that the difference is not very much. At the end of the story it is only about 150 grams and change in the frame, the rest of the gain is the shock (and I would not get a DT but stick with the RP23), seat collar (that you can buy) titanium bolts (that you can buy) and lower link (that now might be the same between the two frames). Plus the nice rubberized paint. So, probably I would have shelled out and extra $500 or so for 150 grams + paint but I am not so sure: my Mojo is now just 200 grams and change heavier then an SL with a DT and I can live with that ...

mtbr member
    I went with the SL for all of the same reasons - stellar ride quality, weight, etc. Built up (large) with XTR/XT and fox front/rear it weighs in at around 26.5 lbs....

...the price was worth it. It is by far the smoothest, best-pedaling rig I've ridden.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    what are you talking about?

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    what are you talking about?
    You mean tape everywhere...for cable rub, bottom of down tube,etc....thanks for all the replies...Dan
    Just ride and quit bit$hin........
    SANTA CRUZ TALLBOY LT...SIR9-SS-....Supersix-EVO soon....