mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Mojo SL headset help please!

After getting some very helpful advice about 2nd hand Mojo's on here, in the end I decided to buy a new Special Blend because 2nd hand prices were not much cheaper.

My Special Blend should be arriving tomorrow and the first mod I'm going to do is replace the X-Fusion forks with a set of Pace RC41 Fighters. My problem is I can't figure out what headset I need as the Pace forks are a standard 1 1/8" steerer tube and the X-Fusions are tapered.

Can I just fit a reducer to the lower headset to run the Pace forks or do I need to replace the whole lower cup? I have seen in the Ibis set-up guide that you can fit a headset reducer but can't seem to find one.

Help! cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1210tech View Post
    After getting some very helpful advice about 2nd hand Mojo's on here, in the end I decided to buy a new Special Blend because 2nd hand prices were not much cheaper.

My Special Blend should be arriving tomorrow and the first mod I'm going to do is replace the X-Fusion forks with a set of Pace RC41 Fighters. My problem is I can't figure out what headset I need as the Pace forks are a standard 1 1/8" steerer tube and the X-Fusions are tapered.

Can I just fit a reducer to the lower headset to run the Pace forks or do I need to replace the whole lower cup? I have seen in the Ibis set-up guide that you can fit a headset reducer but can't seem to find one.

Help! cheers

Donīt worry, the SL uses fork with 1 1/8 steerer tube & headset 1 1/8 , you can use the same headset.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-G View Post
    Donīt worry, the SL uses fork with 1 1/8 steerer tube & headset 1 1/8 , you can use the same headset.
    Oh, so the X-Fusion Velvet fork that the Special Blend comes with isn't a tapered steerer tube? Result if thats the case