mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Mojo SL deliveries

Hello Forum!

Tom and Colin are at the factory now and I'm getting information back as they have a chance.

SL production is slow and they've been working to improve things. It seems that we will be able to improve things a lot soon, but we also have the Chinese New Year to contend with in February when everything shuts down for about 2 weeks..

We will get a small number of SLs soon, all 19". A modest shipment of assorted sizes in February and large shipments of all sizes in March, April and onward.

So... hopefully this does not put anyone in a bind. Just for your info, nearly all sizes / colors on the regular Mojo are available.

Hans
    Last edited by hanssc; 01-28-2008 at 10:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    This is so amazing: firsthand [well almost ... I guess that makes it secondhand] no bs info from a manufacturer! Good or bad you're going to get something from Ibis most of the time.

I wish this was so normal that I wouldn't even notice, let alone post about it.

Another Hans

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Thanks for passing along the information.

Hans
    Thanks for passing along the information about the delivery dates on the Mojo SL's.
    I know they will be worth the wait when we get them.
    Rick

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot for the info Hans!
    Pertti
    Lahti, Finland
    MC Kramppi

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hans,

Are there mediums on this next shipment or just 19"?

Thanks
    Last edited by cyclelife; 01-28-2008 at 05:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc
    Hello Forum!

Tom and Colin are at the factory now and I'm getting information back as they have a chance.

SL production is slow and they've been working to improve things. It seems that we will be able to improve things a lot soon, but we also have the Chinese New Year to contend with in February when everything shuts down for about 2 weeks..

We will get a small number of SLs soon, primarily 19", and only moderate amounts next month, March, April and May etc. will be good quantities.

So... hopefully this does not put anyone in a bind. Just for your info, nearly all sizes / colors on the regular Mojo are available.

Hans
    With various (not meaning specifically Ibis) China based mass production company quality control issues, distance, dialect, etc. any chance of moving production to U.S. or at least mexico ? ( Thanks for update. So much for my feb delivery date. Oh well no credit card meltdown either.
    I do love these lil icons. I just wish vbulletin supported custom ones we could have fun with that. http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/skelett029.gif
    Last edited by ghawk; 01-28-2008 at 05:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hello Forum!

We will get a small number of SLs soon, primarily 19", and only moderate amounts next month, March, April and May etc. will be good quantities.

Hans
    please clarify and/or fix sentence

mtbr member
    Please do not move production to the US or Mexico.
    Two years ago I did the Baja 500, one of our sponsors Sidi showed us some local flavor, it was the plant were moto race bodywork was made. The plant was a shack with some old drunks popping out molds. Their product looked like a fossil project so many flies landed in the mold. No mexico please!
    If production was moved to the US the frame would cost ten thousand dollars.
    Keep production in China, if someone gets a fly into my mojo clear coat they will get executed. What more do you want out of quality control. Fly = Beheading. On the bad side, its sucks that china has been shut down all month with blackouts. Im sure someone somewhere is making Ibis frames under candlelight.
    Gentlemen its worth the wait. This is the one purchase that you will agree the anticipation was well deserved. If fact, you guys are under anticipating what you have ordered. Take this wait time to get caught up at work and around the house because when your order arrives... well, you know what Im going to say.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    i better not get some sub-par frame because things were rushed somewhere in the process. i am very picky.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    @Hans et al: any update on the ETA of SL frames? I am holding out for an XL.
    Also, when would the first brown ones become available?

Thanks
    Jever

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

more sls

There's another modest batch shipping to us on the 28th that has some smalls and XLs, a few mediums, but mostly size large, all matte clear. We should start to see some Brown and Gray ones in late March.
    We should really get going in late March on starting to catch up on the back orders. We're still recovering from Chinese New Year at the moment ; )
    Hans

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the update Hans. My LBS confirmed today that my large matte clear will be part of this batch!

Slovakia (Europe)
    I've ordered my large matte clear SL w/ RP23 on January 15th at Cambriabike.com and it has arrived just today by FedEx (to SVK), ca. 6 weeks earlier than adviced! So far so good

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Heyt Peter, is SVK Slovakia? If so, how much was your shipping?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I've just looked at Cambriabike website and it appears they have SL's in most sizes for immediate dispatch at $2499, with Fed Ex delivery charge to Europe for $160,
    Does anyone know how much the customs and VAT charges would be ?
    It looks like you might save only about £300 from ordering from Stif in UK., although they are not expecting to complete orders done in Feb until early May !

LJJ
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Customs

Quote Originally Posted by bigsalmondoc
    I've just looked at Cambriabike website and it appears they have SL's in most sizes for immediate dispatch at $2499, with Fed Ex delivery charge to Europe for $160,
    It looks like you might save only about £300 from ordering from Stif in UK., although they are not expecting to complete orders done in Feb until early May !
    Hi,

I know exactly what UK customs is, as I rang them to get the commodity code, when I was thinking of importing from the US.

Duty on a frame is 4.7% of C.I.F; duty on a complete bike is 14.7% (!!) of C.I.F. C.I.F. is declared Cost (of frame/bike), Insurance & Freight.

THEN they charge 17.5% VAT on the whole f**king lot (ie on C.I.F & duty). What a bunch of C**TS.

You will save £2-300, and your warranty for the frame and RP23 will be in the US (I checked this with Scot Nichols). So, if you have a problem the shipping etc etc is up to you. I considered carefully and paid Stif's price.

Hope this helps.

LJJ

PS: I rode with 2 other Mojo owners today who bought in US and one even walked his frame through customs !!

Slovakia (Europe)
    Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    ... You will save £2-300, and your warranty for the frame and RP23 will be in the US (I checked this with Scot Nichols)...
    I've asked official Fox distributor in Slovakia and he has confirmed, that Fox warranty is valid although it's imported from the USA! I think this would be the same in whole EU. Btw the import conditions to SVK are the same, as you have mentioned, except of VAT, that is 19%.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsalmondoc
    Either get yourself a cheap ticket to the US, buy the frame you want, stick it in your case without the box and fly back. As long as you don't look like a drug dealer you'll be fine walking through customs.
    Or
    Ring the bike shop ask them to send the frame to the UK with a value of $200 and GIFT on the customs form. This is an easy one - before you know it parcel force will be knocking on your door for your signature...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Mojo SL color options

There's another modest batch shipping to us on the 28th that has some smalls and XLs, a few mediums, but mostly size large, all matte clear. We should start to see some Brown and Gray ones in late March.
    We should really get going in late March on starting to catch up on the back orders. We're still recovering from Chinese New Year at the moment ; )
    Hans
    Is it possible to get a Mojo SL in the color options that come on the standard Mojo?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Loco,

You can get a 08 Mojo SL Frame in Large or Medium in the Clear/Glossy Carbon right now from Helen's Bikes in Santa Monica if you like the look of that instead of the Matte finish. I saw one built up with the XT build there on Friday.

Dignan22

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by STIJOHNNY
    Ring the bike shop ask them to send the frame to the UK with a value of $200 and GIFT on the customs form. This is an easy one - before you know it parcel force will be knocking on your door for your signature...
    Umm.... you probably should PM this sort of advice, because it's customs FRAUD.
    As far as I'm aware.... there are heavy penalties is just about every country...
    A public internet forum is a bad place for this sort of conversation and doesn't really help anyone other than Customs officials..