mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Mojo SL with 36's how does it handle ?

Currently have some 140 Floats but looking to burly the bike up a little. How does the bike behave with something like 36 Talas on it ?

Anybody swapped from 32 Floats etc etc and regretted it found any negatives ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Always had Talas 36 RC2 on my SL - transferred from my SC Nomad.
    They're great as they're so versatile - 100mm for the v steep trails, 130mm for 'normal' riding and 160mm when rocking and rolling down.
    Only downside is the weight as the forks weigh more than the frame+RP23 !!

Fox have lost some weight on the 2011 36 Talas RC2 though - interesting........

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    It's the 2011 forks that im thinking about due to the weight loss. But is the new travel range workable ? 120 or 160 Great drop to 120 for steep pulls, 160 for blatting down and then stay in 160 for general trail riding ?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shredon
    It's the 2011 forks that im thinking about due to the weight loss. But is the new travel range workable ? 120 or 160 Great drop to 120 for steep pulls, 160 for blatting down and then stay in 160 for general trail riding ?
    I ride my Mojo Classic in 160mm setting pretty much exclusively. I rarely wind my Fork down and only bother when I remember for long drawn out climbs. (I am on a Lyrik Coil U-Turn) Mostly I just don't remember to change it for the climb.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

It's a trade off but IMO worth it.

I changed my 32 Float 140 to a 36 Talas 2 years ago and never looked back. The wt. gain with 09 Talas and the heavier (20 mm thru) wheels was noticeable but the trade-off is a more versatile bike for MY riding abilities. This is an important caveat- I have a friend who rides a 2010 Trek Fuel and can out downhill the downhillers! I'm just not that good. I wanted a the Mojo to give me some room for error on the rougher trails in WNC. With the Talas/20 mm the front end became much more predictable and the extra travel is great especially at the end of a long day when I'm fatigued.The climbs around here can be quite steep and technical so the lower travel setting works wonders at keeping the bike on line. This said I would love to try a 15 mm 32 Talas and see if it would be comparable.