mtbr member
    May 2006

Mojo Sizing Help

Hi,

I'm considering the Mojo, and am unsure about sizing. I'm 5'11'' with a 33'ish inseam, and now ride a Salsa Caballero (18'' frame/32.2" standover/22" top tube). I feel almost a little too "over" the cockpit on the Salsa sometimes. Should I go for the 19" Mojo?

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I just sat on one yesterday. I'm your height with 32 inseam. The large fit nice. Lots of stand over and very comfortable.
    tom

Mr.
    mtbr member

Large

My wife is just about your same height/inseam...she rode a medium, and we ordered her a large. After the salesman had her sit on a large Stumpjumper (comparable geo), we knew the large would be correct and comfortable.

Hope this helps!
    If you can grab a fistfull of belly in your hand, does that mean you're fat?

Ariolimax columbianus
    sorry for crashing your thread but just wanted some opinions. I'm 5' 10" /31" inseam and usually ride medium sized bikes, I'm on the fence for most companies med/large sizes. Just wondering if any Mojo riders around my size opted for a medium. I may try to demo one this week but wanted some feedback before I ride one. I'm currently riding a medium Nomad, if that is any helpful information.

Downunder Mojophile
    I'm 178cm/5'10" with 31" in seam so identical to yourself. I chose a large as the medium dimensions felt too cramped. I even have a 25mm setback post. I think on another thread, Ibis suggests that if you're on the fence to choose a smaller frame, as the preference is to ride "on" the bike rather than "in" it. However I just didn't feel comfortable with the medium dimensions.

You know my steez...

I ordered a large too

I'm 5'11" 160lbs. I had a large Santa Cruz. I tested a medium Mojo (that was all the shop had built) and knew right away I need a large. The medium felt a little cramped. I was too upright, but I have long arms.

mtbr member
    i'm going to crash this thread too...sorry! but i'm 5' 7", 30" inseam (155lbs). anyone my size have input on what they ride?

i rode the medium ibis and the small and couldn't tell what felt right. the medium felt like i was 'in' the bike and felt comfy; however, i didn't feel like i could get behind the bike if in the steeps. the small felt more muneverable, but i felt more in the front.

any opinions on using a shorter stem for a slightly larger bike?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ozelise
    I'm 178cm/5'10" with 31" in seam so identical to yourself. I chose a large as the medium dimensions felt too cramped. I even have a 25mm setback post. I think on another thread, Ibis suggests that if you're on the fence to choose a smaller frame, as the preference is to ride "on" the bike rather than "in" it. However I just didn't feel comfortable with the medium dimensions.
    I'm 176cm (5.9 & 1/2 I think) and was also in this situation. I ended up choosing the medium but needed a 3cm layback post (and standard 100mm stem). I guess it depends whether you like to ride more forward. Personally I was used to a 4cm setback on my Giant Reign, so liked being slightly back. I think either size would have suited me really.

mtbr member
    Sorry to be the dissenter here, but I am almost 5'11" with 32" inseam and 33" arms and I went with the medium with 110mm stem. The large would have probably worked too, but my LBS sized and eyeballed me carefully on the medium and recommended I go that way. I was still not completely sold, so I actually called Ibis and spoke with one of the owners, gave them my dimensions, and they said I'm right on the edge...and in that case recommended I go with a medium. I've been riding the medium for 4-5 months and it feels great.

There is definitely another thread on this forum that gives the Ibis sizing philosophy...basically says if you're on the fence, go down. Hope that helps...

Ariolimax columbianus
    well I went into the bike shop today and sat on a large, cruised it around a bit and it felt good so I bought one. I think the medium would have been to small. Now my nomad is for sale. Pics to follow soon! Thanks for all the replies. Wait, stop.

edit: turns out the large bike I rode around was a medium. The next day I went back to shop to pick up the frame and the manager told me it was a medium. We talked for a little and he was very similar in size to me and told me he was on a medium. I ended up taking the medium and was very glad I did. The large would've been too big, I like a smaller frame and the ability to flick it around.

So it looks I'm more on the dissenting side w/getbusyliving. I took the bike out yesterday and was immediately stoked, it didn't take anytime to get used to and made me forget the nomad right away. I'm surprised more people aren't riding these bikes, the customer service rocks as advertised, I called up twice the other day when I was building, a real person answered my question. This forum has also helped me with my build too, thanks everyone.
    Last edited by nativeson; 07-01-2007 at 08:57 AM.