mtbr member

Mojo and Silk Frame Weights...

I received my medium Mojo and 53 cm Silk recently (thanks, Tom!). I hung them on my Ultimate Alpine digital scale and thought I'd post the pictures with weights. I figure I can still knock 70 or so grams off the Mojo by switching the seat collar to a Silk collar (63 vs 15 grams) and replace the large M8 x 60mm steel shock bolt (30 grams) with a titatium version. In any case, they're both impressively light. Here's the pics:

My Wanted List:

1. '87 Shogun Prairie Breaker Team Issue (small)

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Very cool. Thanks !

mtbr member

Very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by filegiant
    I received my medium Mojo and 53 cm Silk recently (thanks, Tom!). I hung them on my Ultimate Alpine digital scale and thought I'd post the pictures with weights. I figure I can still knock 70 or so grams off the Mojo by switching the seat collar to a Silk collar (63 vs 15 grams) and replace the large M8 x 60mm steel shock bolt (30 grams) with a titatium version. In any case, they're both impressively light. Here's the pics:
    It is grams but on my 5-spot I have also changed the shock bolts to titanium (in addition to the linkage bolts), no problem at all after 3 years. The weight of the frame is again VERY impressive, nice to see carbon coming of age in Mountain Biking.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info filegiant !

In case anyone else is wondering, my small Mojo weighed in at 2561g/5.646lbs.

I thought about alternate seatpost collars but the stock collar is such a piece of art. Besides, I have a Kula Supreme (with a 1.2kg frame) which satisfies the weight weenie in me.

Keep Riding !!
    For anybody interested my Extra Large Mojo came in at 2.68 kg with total build weight of just 12.00kg and thats with no really weight weenie parts. (See build thread)

Not bad for a XL with 5.5 inches and it pedals like a lightweight hardtail !!
    Just Ride !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Ken
    Thanks for the info filegiant !

In case anyone else is wondering, my small Mojo weighed in at 2561g/5.646lbs.

I thought about alternate seatpost collars but the stock collar is such a piece of art. Besides, I have a Kula Supreme (with a 1.2kg frame) which satisfies the weight weenie in me.
    I agree the stock q/r is beautiful. Since this will be my one-and-only full-susser, this one will have to satisfy the WW in me, so I'm paring down weight where I can. Since I never adjust my seat and the collar on the Silk was beautiful as well, I decided to do the switch. Now I'm trying to decide whether to use the XTR wheels that came with the build-kit or build my own using DT 190 hubs.
    My Wanted List:

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Filegiant,

I am very curious how your Ibises look like completely builup.
    I also have a Mojo Medium, of which I will put some pictures on very shorthly and my Slik is on its way. I'm trying to get the Silk a sub 6kg bike. This should be possible, I now own a Principia aluminium bike, which is 5.91 kg...

Could you please show me your bikes and how you like the Slik-ride?

I will also PM you with this question.

Thanx,

Lowlands

mtbr member
    I just got the Silk complete. The Mojo, however, has been waiting for wheel parts, specifically on the (stupidly expensive) DT 190 hubs, before I can complete it. Actually, I just picked up the hubset yesterday and have the rear wheel nearly complete so I'm close to being in business. I'll post pictures soon.
    My Wanted List:

mtbr member
    Nice!

I'm also looking into purchasing a complete Silk road bike for those early/late season rides when there's too much snow or mud on the trails.

My mojo is 90% complete. Just waiting for my goodridge lines to arrive so I can mount my 4-pot XT brakes.

It's the axle
    Ken,

You have got to post photos. I went with XTR, but have always liked the four pots. Never tried them. They just look cool.

Maybe I'll go riding after all today. It's cold here. But the Mojo beckons.