mtbr member
    Jun 2008

New question here. Which Mojo should I get?

Hello all,

I am seriously considering a Mojo, but not sure which model to get.

I built up an AM rig this summer, and it's nice, but doesn't pedal well on the ups and flats. Looking to replace the frame with something lighter, more efficient and the Mojo seems like a good candidate.

I have a new Rockshox Revelation, 150mm travel and a tapered headtube. Also have a sweet wheelset to go with the 20mm front axle, so the fork is staying. I can't decide to go with a 140 (any model) or 160 HD. The 140 would be better suited for my local Midwest trails, but the 160 would be nice on my trips out west. I'm unsure how this fork would affect the geometry on either frame.

Which model would be best to accept my 150 mm tapered fork?

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by j.les View Post
    Which model would be best to accept my 150 mm tapered fork?
    For that fork get the 140.
    You can always convert to 160 later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

Lightly salted
    I would get the HD 140 to go with the Revelation 150 fork. I have your exact fork that I ran on my HD 140 and it was a great setup. I since converted my HD140 to 160 travel front and rear. Later on if you feel you need 160mm travel you can get a 2nd shock with limbo chips and a 160mm fork to convert the HD 140 to an HD 160. This would give you 2 bikes in 1.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    In my opinion, you have three options:

1. Embrace your location and get the SLR. This is your lightest option. It will be a capable all mountain rig, but more focused on the x-country side of all mountain. I live in the rockies in, CO and plenty of ppl ride these.

2. Get the HD 140. It'll be a bit heavier, but more fun down hills. Now you have the option to go up to 160. Just like fuenstock said, "two bikes in one"

3. Get the HD 160 and buy new 160mm fork. I wouldn't ride the HD160 with a 150 fork. Never done it, but it seems silly.

If it were me, i'd chose option two. Mojo HD 140s build up pretty light and you'll have way more fun in the rough stuff. Depending on what your trails are like, the HD160 might feel like a bit too much bike. And, if you're really good, the HD140 can handle everything that the HD160 can!