mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Mojo shock pivot

Hey Mojo owners, I just built up my Mojo and noticed that the lower shock pivot lookes funny after a short test ride. Am I missing a shock bolt cover or should there be a nut in that spot? I don't remember it looking quite that "rough" before (see pics).

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    nope - that is how it is on mine as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    No, you're fine. That's it.

Well, at least mine has always looked that way too on yet another Guinness Foam Mojo.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies, I guess that means it's time to go ride it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Nice, Howd you get the pu paint job/demo moj ? That's really like a model in between a Moj and an SL. The tough paint on moj classic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

... and if we just ... Custom paint

A friend of mine found it through a dealer he had bought several other Mojos from. He had a standard Mojo with the rubberized paint in Pond Scum Green ... nice, at an awesome price to boot.

Now I just need to swap out the bolts with the Ti bolt kit and I'll be in good shape. Not that I wouldn't want an SL frame instead, but the price difference in this case made it a no brainer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    interesting... I was under the impression that the Pond Scum Green rubber painted std Mojo's were for demo purposes only...

and not intended to be sold.

Still... damn nice colour.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Hey Spidermonkey,

Nice looking ride! I got my MOJO sl workin this weekend also! feels nice to be back in the saddle. Nice riding in Napa and Sonoma, Ca.

So how's the small Mojo ride? Are you beyond the test ride and firmly in the saddle? How about a ride report?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Still waiting to do a real ride

Hey Buggyman - nowhere close around here to ride quite yet, and I'm just coming out of the flu fog. I'd like to hear more about Napa though, I've been tossing the idea around with Lisa to road trip down there in 2 weeks from now. How about a rendezvous?

First impression of the mojo ride is very nice. It seems to fit perfectly at least and steering is sharper than I was expecting. Can't wait to put it to the test.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidermonkey
    A friend of mine found it through a dealer he had bought several other Mojos from. He had a standard Mojo with the rubberized paint in Pond Scum Green ... nice, at an awesome price to boot.

Now I just need to swap out the bolts with the Ti bolt kit and I'll be in good shape. Not that I wouldn't want an SL frame instead, but the price difference in this case made it a no brainer.
    Nice, I think with the bolt kit you only give up like 100 grams or something like that. I'd demo the heck out of it !
    Thanks to pasta for breakdown
    Review of new Ibis Goodies - Links, seatpost clamp and Ti shock pin

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I weighed the ti kit versus the stock hardware. 42 grams difference, the dt is 66 grams difference and the sl seat post clamp is about 52 grams lighter.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks ghawk and mtbmitch, I've been wondering what the weight difference was on the Ti bolt kit. I just got a SL seatpost binder, that was well worth it.