Unfit Norwegian

Mojo OK with 220 lbs rider?

I'm looking for a new high end frame for next spring, and the Mojo Carbon looks great. I'm just wondering if my 220 pound weight will be a problem.

Any opinions?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed
    I'm looking for a new high end frame for next spring, and the Mojo Carbon looks great. I'm just wondering if my 220 pound weight will be a problem.

Any opinions?

Thanks
    I asked Scot the same thing. I'm over 2 bucks also. His opinion is that it really depends on how you ride and if you break alot of stuff. I rarely break anything, I ride within my limits and mostly agressive XC/trail. I'm very confident that the Mojo will be fine for me. I think he mentioned that Hans is over 200# and he is one of the Ibis partners who developed the bike, that should tell you something.

If you break alot of parts/frames, then maybe you should think about steel.

Unfit Norwegian
    I've never broken anything but a cople of derailleurs, and I'd use the bike for trails, and not hucking, so I guess It'll be fine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I wish Hans was over 200#. Then maybe I could keep up with him! Tom is the large one in the company, but mostly large in a vertical dimension. Close to two meters. I'm not sure what that is in cubits, but it's way up there. He gets nose bleeds when he stands up.
    Anyway, yes we think if you don't break a lot of bikes then it's doubtful you'll have any issues with the Mojo. There are some people I know who are 175lb and break everything they ride.

Unfit Norwegian
    According to Google, 2 meters is 4.37 cubits or almost 6' 7"

Anyway. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the Mojo can shave off a few pounds, and the problem will go away anyway.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Nicol
    I wish Hans was over 200#. Then maybe I could keep up with him! Tom is the large one in the company, but mostly large in a vertical dimension. Close to two meters. I'm not sure what that is in cubits, but it's way up there. He gets nose bleeds when he stands up.
    Anyway, yes we think if you don't break a lot of bikes then it's doubtful you'll have any issues with the Mojo. There are some people I know who are 175lb and break everything they ride.
    Ooops, sorry Hans, I didn't mean to put you in the Clydesdale class... my bad. I knew one of the "fabulous four" was on the north side of 2 bucks, and I've seen pics of Roxy and know it isn't her

Thanks for putting me straight Scot

mtbr member
    I hope so since I am 6'5" and 235

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I am also over 200lbs, 230ish w/ full camelbak. I have broken 1 frame, a ventana X5 at the seat tube, top tube junction. Nothing more than 1-1.5ft of air on that bike. I'm fairly leggy, a hair under 35" inseam w/o shoes @ 6ft. I never broke my superlight for the 2 yrs I rode it, but again I don't think I rode it as fast since it was a 4x4" bike vs the ventana at 6x5."

I'm also curious what length fork is needed to get the head angle into the low to sub 68 Degrees and if it falls within the warranty of the bike?

thanks,

-Sp

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Nicol

mtbr member

Just for the record...

Seeing as everyone was talking about moi. I thought that I should set the record straight. I'm 6'6" and about 220 lbs depending on the time of year. I do not have a history of breaking frames, but I am hard on wheels. Since we created the Mojo it has inspired me with a new level of confidence to pursue lines and drop off things that I would never have before. That said, I guess that my estimate of what is "extreme" is more than some and less than others. My style of riding would never be considered worthy of committing to a video for posterity's sake - if that gives you a frame of reference. Anyway, the Mojo has held up fine for me so far. In fact, so has my Silk Carbon road bike - which has seen more off road miles that most - not bad for a 16 lb, 61 cm road bike.

The point being, yes, the Mojo is okay for a 220 lb rider.
    Last edited by Tall Tom; 10-27-2006 at 08:56 AM.