mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Mojo - my first dually (and first post!)

I've got a Mojo on order and it can't come quick enough. Tell me guys, how many fewer pinch flats am I going to get on my Mojo when it eventually comes. I've just got back from a ride where I got a front and back flat at the same time - I shagged the back brake at the same time. I had my bike upturned with both wheels off when I notice I was on tip of a bull ant nest, then the bush flies were buzzing around and trying to eat me too. To top it off, I didn't notice the massive spiders web until I walked into it. There was one other thing, I broke my pump and only just got enough air in the back to limp home.

I get pinch flats on my hardtale nearly every time I ride and I'm over it! Please tell me my Mojo is going to simplify my life.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I run tubeless tires....no tube no pinchflat.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

holding back the darkness
    Go tubeless. Or run bigger tires. Or both! Big tires and low pressures= big fun.
    Full suspension won't help you... you'll find that full suspension just makes bigger mistakes more recoverable.
    **** censorship

It's the axle
    I've found that the Mojo wards off bad luck. After not riding for nearly three months, I had three bent and broken derailleur hangers in three rides. That also included a broken derailleur and four bent spokes. Sometimes you just can't win. That's when I look down at the Ibis Mojo and realize that all will be well after I fix a few things.

Just remember, even with tubeless, bring tubes. You may need them.

Your post reminds me of The Good Thief. "F*cking spiders made it all go boom."

www.derbyrims.com
    Using your same tires and pressures at first you'll probably have less tube pinch flats at first. But after a while you'll adapt to the higher speeds and rougher terrain lots of suspension allows and get about as many pinch flats without using higher pressures or other options as others suggest.

Like others suggest bigger volume tires reduce pinch flats. Also tubeless systems combined with sealant allow lower pressures with very rare tire flats.