Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mojo HDR

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Last edited by nsxtc; 06-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

More link

Mojo HDR | Bikes | Ibis Cycles US
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HDR-hdr.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    The Mojo HDR continues in the very capable footsteps of our popular and highly regarded Mojo HD, taking its technology and versatility a few steps further. The "HDR" and the "HD" feature identical travel (160mm), the same suspension (the incomparable dw-link), and the same proven geometry.
    The HDR adds even more diversity to its menu.
    You're currently looking at the 26" wheel 160mm travel version of the bike. You can set it up with 160mm or 180mm front forks. If you want to run the bike in long travel 650b mode check the details tab to the right.
    Over on this page, you can see the HDR 650b, featuring 27.5" wheels (that's why we called it the HDR 650b) and a ton of ways to set it up. All of its chameleon-like geometric gyrations can be seen over here.
    Maybe the best place to start would be the galleries tab, where we've got a few videos showing the bike in action along with some lovely big studio shots.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Love the details, but wish there was at least one "obnoxious" color. Nuclear Pesto would be great.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Personally, I'm loving the cobra blue.

mtbr member
    why can I not read the details? wtf? Also, if it's just a regular HD, what's different? Is there an updated rear triangle for us loyal ibisians? AAAAHHH the suspense is killing me!
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Basically, "limbo chips" so the bike can convert to 650B and ISCG05 tabs

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I thought the limbo chips is only if you want to run 130mm + 650; Otherwise for 160mm it's no limbo + shim shock 5mm + 650 wheels?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Yea that's what I got out of it

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    But I just finally got 26" carbon wheels!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    So the new HDR:
    1. Has same geometry and travel as original HD when used with 26" wheels
    2. Can also be set up as a 650b with 130mm travel
    3. Comes in 2 new colors

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my (black) HD. I have owned mine for almost 3 years, but I have always wished for a better paint scheme. The frame design is so beautiful, but the black/grey combo on my black HD do not stand out at all. I have often felt a tinge of jealousy when I look at the bright paint schemes utilized by Santa Cruz, Specialized, Trek, Giant, etc. I do like the black/yellow combo on the rear triangle of the new HDR, but I think the paint on the downtube looks blocky and out of place.

mtbr member
    so the rear triangle had to have been changed to accomidate 650b tires.. It even says in the article that there was no mud clearance, but no mention of whether the new rear triangle will work on the old HD...

Also, says they changed geo for bottom bracket height.

and changed for more clearance for xx1. SO, questions I'm left with...

Does the rear triangle fit onto the old HD for better 650b retrofit?

Does xx1 not fit on the current HD's?

And what is the difference between BB heights between the old HD650b retrofit, and the new HDR650b?

So far, sounds like my original plan of my buying a pike 160, shimming my rear shock an converting to 650's is the way to go. Not worth going for the new frame.. or is it?
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

Too Much Fun
    Quote Originally Posted by PowRyda View Post
    Basically, "limbo chips" so the bike can convert to 650B and ISCG05 tabs
    No, that's not the only change. The rear triangle is different; clearance etc.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'm guessing the rear triangles aren't interchangeable since the details page says they changed the lower link a bit

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    My shimmed 160mm HD running 650b wheels and Schwalbe 2.25" tires (NN R, Hans F) measures 13.25" from ground to bottom of BB. So with this combo, it's actually lower than what Ibis reports on the HDR (13.5")

The XX1 will fit on current HDs, but you'll need to add 1/8" spacers between the hub and dropout. There was talk about Ibis making a new RD hanger w/ the 1/8" spacing.

So all in all, IMO there's nothing you can't do to the old HD to make it exactly like the new HDR (other than the ISCG05 mount).

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PowRyda View Post
    I'm guessing the rear triangles aren't interchangeable since the details page says they changed the lower link a bit
    The HDR swingarm does not directly retrofit on to the HD.
    Yet.
    In addition to adding a bunch more tire clearance, we offset the link attachment points to get more clearance for FD and ISCG. We are planning on making some retrofit swing arms for people would want to put them on HDs. It will be several months away before we can do it, maybe around the end of the year, but we're planning on it. It is a 2mm shift in the suspension pivot tubes, so we can make a special run of swing arms for retrofit. Then you'd have more tire and chain clearance.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Surprised after all that they couldn't make a HDR 650b 160. I guess the 650b wheels still limits suspension, or Ibis just doesn't want to change the wheel base.

Looks like the Geometry is identical. Too bad, since I was hoping for a bit longer front center and wheelbase on the large.

mtbr member
    Thanks Hans for the quick response. I'd be in that group of HD owners wanting a retrofit swingarm for added tire clearance! I love my HD converted 650b.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxtc View Post
    My shimmed 160mm HD running 650b wheels and Schwalbe 2.25" tires (NN R, Hans F) measures 13.25" from ground to bottom of BB. So with this combo, it's actually lower than what Ibis reports on the HDR (13.5")
    I don't think anybody measures BB height from the ground to the bottom of the BB...always to the middle of the BB from what I understand. With 2.35 nevegals on 650b wheels and my shock shimmed a few mm, my unsagged BB height was 14.25"
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

insert sarcasm here
    Any chance the new graphics will be available as a sticker set? I first saw the black/yellow combo in the article on Anne-Caroline Chausson's HD a while back, and have been dying to get the same look on my black HD.

Quote Originally Posted by hanssc View Post
    Yet.
    In addition to adding a bunch more tire clearance, we offset the link attachment points to get more clearance for FD and ISCG. We are planning on making some retrofit swing arms for people would want to put them on HDs. It will be several months away before we can do it, maybe around the end of the year, but we're planning on it. It is a 2mm shift in the suspension pivot tubes, so we can make a special run of swing arms for retrofit. Then you'd have more tire and chain clearance.
    I'm always looking for new people to ride with. If you are on the Front Range, shoot me a PM and let's go ridin'.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Fantastic news! Love the fact that Ibis thinks about their existing riders. See a long line forming now.

Yet.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hans:

Can you confirm that the geo is the same as the regular HD160 if you use the 26" wheels?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I would think to measure to the bottom of BB as that's what will be hitting the obstacles (e.g., rocks, roots, etc...). So the way my mind thinks is that I have 13.25" ground clearance (vs. adding another say 1/2" to middle of BB).

Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider View Post
    I don't think anybody measures BB height from the ground to the bottom of the BB...always to the middle of the BB from what I understand. With 2.35 nevegals on 650b wheels and my shock shimmed a few mm, my unsagged BB height was 14.25"

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm assuming that you will be offering the retro swingarm in the older paint scheme (e.g., Vitamin P, White, Black)?

Yet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    No you measure BB height from level floor to center of BB. not the bottom of BB.

My HD 160 650B was around 14.25+- a wee bit

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast