Thread: Mojo HD weight

mtbr member
    May 2007

Mojo HD weight

Does anyone happen to know what the weight estimates for the Mojo HD complete bike builds will be? I know that the frame is about a half pound heavier than the Mojo but I was curious what an XT build may come in at.

After test riding numerous bikes, I have decided to buy a Mojo SL. However, after reading more and more about the HD I am inclined to wait and test ride one to see how I like it. I would hate to drop the cash on a Mojo and regret not giving the HD a shot. I am not sure how long it would take to find one to test ride and I am not a patient guy! Especially after riding the Mojo...I have never been so excited after riding a bike. I can't wait to get one!!!

Thanks for any insight!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    What kind of riding do you do?
    That will be more of a decisive factor than weight.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    wrenchscience and competitive cyclist will give you the weights when you configure a bike on their websites.
    Last edited by gnelson2004; 04-08-2010 at 12:14 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I ride aggressive XC light AM. The weight will not be the deciding factor, it is more of a curiosity. Actually riding the bike will be what sways me in either direction.
    I currently ride an Intense 5.5 and want something that is a little less cross country feeling. The Mojo head angle is a little slacker than my 5.5 but I wouldn't mind being a little more slack than the SL so that is why I would consider waiting to test ridethe HD. I really want to avoid having any regrets if I get an opportunity to ride the HD after purchasing a SL and have bike envy!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    edit

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gnelson2004
    wrenchscience and competitive cyclist will give you the weights when you configure a bike on their websites.
    Thanks! Wrench Science has the XT coming in at 26.5 pounds. I guess that is a decent estimate!
    I would really love to throw my leg over one of these!

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm not sure if the prototype that I'm on has the production layup, but I'll tell you that the complete bike with HIVE 15G cranks built up less than I have my XTR laden 1st gen Mojo built at.. That's with a 36 and all. It's weight impressed me for sure. I've been riding XC on it, no joke.
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    I'm not sure if the prototype that I'm on has the production layup, but I'll tell you that the complete bike with HIVE 15G cranks built up less than I have my XTR laden 1st gen Mojo built at.. That's with a 36 and all. It's weight impressed me for sure. I've been riding XC on it, no joke.
    Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like I should wait to test one of these babies! I have been contemplating putting a 36 on the SL so going with a Mojo would eliminate that debate for me!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Med frame is expected to weigh 6.3 lbs, w/ paint, mayme an oz. or so lighter w/ clearcoat. I will let you know exactly in a several days when I get to weight mine!

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    How much more would it weigh with a DHX air?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by buggymancan
    Med frame is expected to weigh 6.3 lbs, w/ paint, mayme an oz. or so lighter w/ clearcoat. I will let you know exactly in a several days when I get to weight mine!
    That is awesome that you get your HD soon. I will be in Cal Coast this weekend, hopefully I can sneak a peak if it is in. I would love to hear about your build and the weight.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    The Fox DHX Air weighs an addtional .5 lbs approximately.

aka dan51
    I ran across one of the Ibis engineers riding one a few months ago.
    He was running SRAM XX, and I think it had an adjustable seatpost and he said it was 29lbs!
    I'm figuring take your current Mojo weight and add 2-3 lbs for a beefier fork and wheels (depending on what you have now). Mine would just be the difference in frame weights, so .8lbs more.
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyj1973
    Thanks! Wrench Science has the XT coming in at 26.5 pounds. I guess that is a decent estimate!
    I would really love to throw my leg over one of these!
    I really dont know, but that seems a "bit" optimistic?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

weights

We've measured complete bike weights in the 26.5 - 30.5 lb range depending on the parts. On one end you've got XX with a 36 float at 26 - 27 lbs. Going a bit the other way we built some with XT, Joplin post, Talus 36, 2.4 tires etc. at 29.5 recently.

It's true, if you are switching parts directly over from a Mojo then it's + .5 lb, or SL add about 1 lb. Bigger forks add about a pound, then you're looking at what tires and wheels you want to run...

H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

Too Much Fun
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc
    It's true, if you are switching parts directly over from a Mojo then it's + .5 lb, or SL add about 1 lb. Bigger forks add about a pound, then you're looking at what tires and wheels you want to run...
    MahvelouZ. That's ridiculous nice.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc

H

add 1.5 pounds to my SL, so that would be 24 pounds for a HD. niiiiice.

flow where ever you go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsteven
    add 1.5 pounds to my SL, so that would be 24 pounds for a HD. niiiiice.
    Come on... if you're SL is 22.5 lbs then you'll have to swap out some parts to do the HD justice! - starting with the road tires .

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by noshortcuts
    Come on... if you're SL is 22.5 lbs then you'll have to swap out some parts to do the HD justice! - starting with the road tires .
    you'd be suprised how much traction the rear Maxxlite 285 gets.

The Crow

Let me have a go anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by jbsteven
    you'd be suprised how much traction the rear Maxxlite 285 gets.
    None?
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    med white frame weighed today at 6.35 lbs w/ seat collar

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Looking for a Ibis Mojo HD

Quote Originally Posted by hanssc View Post
    We've measured complete bike weights in the 26.5 - 30.5 lb range depending on the parts. On one end you've got XX with a 36 float at 26 - 27 lbs. Going a bit the other way we built some with XT, Joplin post, Talus 36, 2.4 tires etc. at 29.5 recently.

H
    Here it is.
    I'm looking to buy a Ibis Mojo HD, size Large, in naked carbon.
    Possibly buing only the 2012 frame or a complete bike with standard or not so standard equipment.

Anyone looking for an upgrade and sale ?
    Tx.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Last edited by myitch; 11-16-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    We Ride In God's Country!